30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone!

My boyfriend and I spent the day exploring northern Minnesota (Duluth area) and ended up hiking at two different places for a total of approximately 1.5 hours, so I ended up burning over 800 calories in exercise for the day! Apparently when I decide to do something again, I really jump right in. Still no chest pains, either! Hooray!

Hoping to Shred again tomorrow.

Happy Exercising!
    Heather
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 8, L1 - I am starting to feel more strong. However, I still can only do this with 3 lbs. I am wondering if I can do level 2 after 10 days...not sure yet, we will see. I am hoping so, but Level 1 is still not 100% for me yet. I didn't feel so out of breath today which is good. Usually when they get to the second set of jjjax/jump rope/jjax/jump rope... I feel like I am going to die or throw up, but today I made it through that pretty well. I am better at the strength training and would rather do the side lunges than then sequence of jj.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 15 done! its still soooo hard though, on level 1! those side lunges... phew! def not quite ready for level 2 :laugh:

sky - how's level 2 treating you? :tongue:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I've only done it once so far :tongue: I was so busy this weekend, time got away from me. I'll be doing it again tonight. It was a killer though. I had to take a few breaks with all the plank work. I'm hoping once this is all said and done that I'll have fabulous shoulders!! :laugh:
  • everyday
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 done, I moved up to 5 lb weights, except for the squats / presses & side lunges with shoulder raises.

~~FAB shoulders gets my vote :wink:

Have a GREAT day all!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Glad to see you're all pushing ahead. I didn't do much except walk yesterday and went to a MN Wild hockey game. Tonight will be a late night with a board meeting after work, but I'm still going to try to get some time in with Jillian before bed.

Good luck and happy exercising!
    Heather
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    get some time in with Jillian before bed.

It's sounds funny on my ears! :laugh: (perhaps because I speak just a little english :wink: )

Here is day 12 done. :drinker: Not easy, but I like to change for the level 2 exercises. :smile:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok I have only done the shred twice in two weeks. My plan is until the end of next month do the shred Monday through Friday and hit the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I am going back home last weekend in October and no one has seen me since New Year's. I want everyone to be like WHOA!!!! You guys are scaring me with your comments about level 2...Should I be scared??
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    still no difference in weight but i think thats the alcohol. my next mission. ha ha yeah right !!!
    Me too! Beer and greasy food every weekend night! :drinker: Why does it have to be so good? I do so well during the day and week with my diet then blow everything on friday and saturday night. Wouldn't be so bad with just the alcohol but then that makes me want to eat cheezy fried yummy stuff I'm never drinking and like ooo I want some veggies! ha! have to do somethin about that!
    Anyways Day 14 done, did day 13 yesterday but just level 1 did level 1 and 2 today! This week it is time to try level 3 think I am going to try Level 2 then do level 3 also tomorrow. OMG! that is going to be very hard!
    cherie2304~ don't be scared of level 2 it is hard but it is a great workout just make sure level 1 is pretty easy for you (meaning you don't feel like you will die) before you move to level 2 :flowerforyou:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Don't be scared about Level 2, as it is different but not extremely difficult. If you can do Level 1 without stopping, you'll be fine with Level 2. Just remember to modify any moves that you need to, until you work up to them. It's all about going at your own pace and staying within what you are comfortable with. Personally, I prefer Level 2 over Level 1!

Tonight is the second episode of Biggest Loser and I can't wait! I'm planning on working out before the show, so I can feel good about sitting on the couch watching others work out!

Happy exercising!
    Heather
  • sudzie88
    Options
    day 16 done!

still "feelin" level 1, so im gonna stick with it :tongue:

how are you all doing? what level and weights are you at?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Can I ask all of you if you do any cardio along with the shred? My friend is doing the shred and then hitting the treadmil and runs for 30 minutes. I was feeling like I wasn't doing enough so just wanted to get some opinions.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    still no difference in weight but i think thats the alcohol. my next mission. ha ha yeah right !!!
    Me too! Beer and greasy food every weekend night! :drinker: Why does it have to be so good? I do so well during the day and week with my diet then blow everything on friday and saturday night. Wouldn't be so bad with just the alcohol but then that makes me want to eat cheezy fried yummy stuff I'm never drinking and like ooo I want some veggies! ha! have to do somethin about that!
    Anyways Day 14 done, did day 13 yesterday but just level 1 did level 1 and 2 today! This week it is time to try level 3 think I am going to try Level 2 then do level 3 also tomorrow. OMG! that is going to be very hard!
    cherie2304~ don't be scared of level 2 it is hard but it is a great workout just make sure level 1 is pretty easy for you (meaning you don't feel like you will die) before you move to level 2 :flowerforyou:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

:drinker: alcohol is my downfall too...this past weekend I don't want to even think about how many calories I drank....Food wise I did better than normal because I am trying SOOO hard to at least eat right if I'm going to drink like a fish.

Done Day 5 - Level 1. I feel like I'm getting WORSE at the Shoulder raises....

31345.png
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    YAY I DID MY SHRED TODAAAY.
    Ive been slacking SO bad
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Sudzie: I use 5 lb. weights for Shred except for the side lunges, which I change to 3 lb. weights for and still struggle. I rotate through the different levels depending on how hard I want to work that day and how I'm feeling.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys my alcohol...I also am good at staying within my calories until I have an adult beverage with my meals on the weekends. Why is it so hard to give up the good stuff?? I'm a beer drinker and have found that switching to a craft beer that's a bit heavier, you get enough taste that I can drink one instead of three and therefore drink fewer calories in the long run.

Good luck everyone!
    Heather
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 9, L1 - So I happy I did this this morning instead of tonight. I too like to workout before sitting down to watch other people sweat it out on the BL. I didn't shred yesterday but, I am going at it at my own comfortable pace. Don't want to end up hurt. Today I feel good and less painful than the last few times I have done it. Tomorrow I will check in with my weight and measurements since I started since it is weigh in day tomorrow! I feel good, though, I am pretty sure I lost inches and weight. :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Can I ask all of you if you do any cardio along with the shred? My friend is doing the shred and then hitting the treadmil and runs for 30 minutes. I was feeling like I wasn't doing enough so just wanted to get some opinions.
    I also do cycling. I get in about 75 miles a week since starting the Shred. That's half of what I was doing over the summer. I've been trying to fit in some yoga too, but that's been sporadic at best :happy:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Well I tried to check in last night after finishing day 12 (day 2 at level 2), but my connection went down and I haven't had a chance to get on until now. I actually had an easier time with it than last time. I think it's probably due to having a few rest days before. It's still a killer though. :noway: Lots of emphasis on the shoulders... and I need work in that area. :tongue: Planning on doing day 13 later on. Happy Shredding!!! :drinker:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 15 Level 1 and 2 shredded! Think I am really going to try level 3 tomorrow was going to today but chickened out. Good advice my fellow drinkers, I am going to try really hard this weekend to not eat bad if I am going to drink and that is so true about the beer, I love dark beer but I was switching to light beer and then end up drinking more of those, so I will just have my dark beer and not so much! I think I am going to make a list of smart choices to eat wherever I am at before I drink so I can pick out of those and not just grab whatever I see. But even with my bad weekends.... woohoo yay I am seeing great results! 6 lbs lost and finally 2 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips!!!!!! woohoo!!!:happy:

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sudzie88
    Options

A few days a week I go to the gym after I shred and use an elliptical trainer for half an hour (maybe 3-4 times a week). After doing both I am so dead, but feel so great! Also, I have earned so many calories back that I can eat a little more and reward myself :) if you have any sort of leg injuries (I have bad knees) I highly recommend ellipticals, they are very easy on the body. also, if you are just starting out you can set the resistance to anything you want (start low) and build up as you get used to it, so your always challenging yourself.

good luck!