Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the gym staff refers to me as the "girl who kills it everyday". i just found that out today :happy:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I dead-lifted 135lbs today - a full set (I weigh 155lbs). This from the girl who had never done any type of weight training before Jan 2012.
    Yep, that's my NSV for today!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Using regular towels, fitting in a movie theater seat, not having to buy 2 airline tickets, walking 5 miles without breaking a sweat.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    "Girl who kills it everyday" That is awesome!!

1. Last week I realised I can cross my legs while sitting!
    2. My husband took a picture of me yesterday and for the 1st time in so many years, I didn't have that double-chin shadow in the pic!!
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Saturday I ran/walked 5km in 39 minutes and tonight I got it down to 38. I'm working my way up to running the entire 5km.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i just fit into my 1st pair of size 8 jeans :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Actually running and keeping my breath in pace, in a nice rhythm, not heaving and panting like I'm usually doing haha. I noticed it on my run this am, how I just flowed. (Or it felt like it, I'm assuming it didn't look too pretty considering I'm still overweight haha) I felt, "Wow, this is how running is supposed to feel!" Felt inspired by my own breathing. Never ever thought in a million years that would happen!
  • PSTreasure
    PSTreasure Posts: 40
    Options
    I can ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes and enjoy it! Being more aware of what I am putting in my mouth and holding myself accountable for it. Pants that used to hurt to wear are actually comfortable!! More to come!! Good luck to you!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my skinny legg jeans are no longer that. and i have no belt loops left to go to haha.
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Using my heart rate monitor for the first time and learning that my typical work out burned 687 calories!!!

That's great! What heart rate monitor are you using?
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wearing my high school jeans again!
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I climbed a huge hill with my daughter's preK class and did not get winded!!!
    Also, I have a pair of "goal pants" I try on every couple weeks...I got them all the way up, over my butt and on my waist and only have about 4-5 inches from buttoning them!! :D When I started they wouldn't go over my butt and stuck on my hips lol...so I am totally excited!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago my daughter was coming home from New York and we were late getting to the airport (the weather was pouring down rain that day and then her flight was ahead of her regular scheduled time) and didn't want to miss greeting her at the bottom of the escalator. We hadn't seen her in over a year. I was with two of my daughters (18 and 14) and I started running to speed things up a little. I actually had to ask them to hurry and catch up with me...haha! I think they were in shock I was actually running!! :smile: It felt great!! I'm by no means a runner but my months of speed walking and lifting weights had paid off that day :happy: We did make it in time to greet her! She also noticed my weight loss. It felt good when she said, Gee mom you're getting skinny!! :smile:
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    coming home and cooking dinner, instead of eating out or going to the drive-thru!
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Measurements! I started measuring myself on March 14 and then I measured myself again 2 weeks ago on April 28 and saw how many centimetres had dropped off my body since increasing my weight training and focusing a bit more on protein!
    In approx 6 weeks I'd lost:
    - 5.9 cm from my back/chest
    - 4.3 cm from my waist
    - 8.8 cm from my thigh
    - 5.1 cm from my hips
    GAINED centimetres around my bicep --- woohoo --- I have some muscles!!!!! :happy:
    Needless to say, I am excited about my next measurements being taken --- coming up in the next couple of weeks!!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    coming home and cooking dinner, instead of eating out or going to the drive-thru!

I agree with that one... and doing it much more lately!! Good choices!
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I fit into size 6 jeans now from a size 22!
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    Trying on sports bras and seeing improvement, switching to sprouted bread over plain whole wheat, drinking more water, switching my coffee to straight black, giving up subway
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!