Sports Bra at the gym - appropriate or not?

Options

Replies

• ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    Just let it be known... If you are wearing nothing over the sports bra at the gym and look like your profile pic, I will be gawking.

:bigsmile:

Lol yeah it is me in the profile picture. Thanks haha
  • ashleyacee
    Options
    All the people shocked by this, are you also shocked by the elite competitive athletes running in front of thousands in a stadium and sometimes millions on TV in their sports bras? Or the multiple women I see at every local race in just a sports bra? It covers more than a bikini top and most of them look like truncated tank tops more than they look like bras.

That is a good point!
  • ashleyacee
    Options
    I am curious about what people think of women who work out in a sports bra and workout pants/shorts. Is it considered appropriate or too much skin?? My gym does not have good air conditioning and I die of heat less clothes the better, but first I want some opinions. Thanks

If I looked like you I'd rock a bra everywhere... sports or not. Just sayin'

Thank you!
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with someone doing it (though I'd never do it myself), but every gym I've ever used has had a policy that required women to wear a top over their sports bra (and men can't go topless either).

I like that they applied the rules to both genders.

It's any gender identity at the gym I scoped out this week too. Thank gawd, cos some of the dudes have bigger boobs than I do and I'm a D cup...
  • BartsGurl
    BartsGurl Posts: 19
    Options
    The double standard just doesn't make sense to me... I mean, Jillian Anderson is plastered on t.v., magazines, even on the header of this site in the skimpiest workout clothes you can buy and I don't hear anyone griping. Why shouldn't YOU wear your sports bra in your own gym?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Another post rendered Pointless due to its Paucity of Pictorial Portaiture
  • ashleyacee
    Options
    I am curious about what people think of women who work out in a sports bra and workout pants/shorts. Is it considered appropriate or too much skin?? My gym does not have good air conditioning and I die of heat less clothes the better, but first I want some opinions. Thanks
    if you are talking about that thing on your profile picture, as far as I'm concerned, that's a top, not a bra lol. And I like it, btw. As you can see from my profile picture and other pics in my profile, I used to wear similar length tops all the time in summer (but that's Europe; US is obviously much more sensitive when it comes to seeing human skin lol).
    If you're exercising in something that looks like a bikini, well, that's another story lol.

Yeah the one in my picture and thank you. I don't think they mind much in Canada either :) I don't know though havent went out in one yet
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I wear them all the time! As long as the gym permits it, do it!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    oh heck yeah! When I'm on the treadmill and expecting a longer than average run, I wear just my bra and capris. I don't have a gym membership though.. but if I had your hot bod, I totally would, and I would LOVE the looks, and go about my business and work hard and sweat and get all gross and show those girls who just go to socialize what it's all about. :)
  • legendary781
    legendary781 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Totally appropriate!!!
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wear a light t-shirt over my sports bra. When I see women in just the bra, I think they're trying to attract attention.

I agree. It would make more sense if you were jogging outdoors in 90 degree heat or something similar.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's inappropriate, but that being said I've never seen, in the 4 months since I joined my gym (which is an absolutely massive Gold's), a woman wearing just a sports bra on top. Weird. It is air conditioned though, so maybe that's why.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I shirt ditch at my CrossFit box...I've gotten some jokes cause I started doing it winter-ish months ('cept it was unreasonably warm). Although the jokes were in good humor and when the weather is warmer there are other folks that join in the shirt ditching!
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers at my gym told me it's not appropriate, and I should stop wearing them.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    My gym doesn't allow this for men or women, but I definitely don't see anything wrong with it. Well... if you are actually working out and not just prancing around:)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Girl if you're toned or buff, sport it.

If not cover that *kitten* up. Seriously, I have not and will not ever get to sport just the sports bra look. I give other people the courtesy of covering up. I ask that they do the same. Love yourself at home in your house for your eyes only.

:grumble:

edit- a sports bra under workout clothes is also must. No matter who you are.

^^if this is a rule, I also suggest paper bags to put over ugly faces and duct tape to cover up ugly mouths.
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    oh heck yeah! When I'm on the treadmill and expecting a longer than average run, I wear just my bra and capris. I don't have a gym membership though.. but if I had your hot bod, I totally would, and I would LOVE the looks, and go about my business and work hard and sweat and get all gross and show those girls who just go to socialize what it's all about. :)

Love this attitude!
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I think it's about the fit and the size of the tits contained there-in...
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Appropriate and no one else's business. If they have a problem with it, they can kindly look away.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Are you calling that top you are wearing in your pic a sports bra? If so that's okay but not one that looks like an actual bra. Well personally for myself.