Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My husband is a member, but I deleted him from my friends list when he stopped logging in :laugh: My best friend is an active member, as are a couple of my other friends.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My fiance knows and is super supportive. I have shared it with several friends who are wanting to lose weight and a couple have even joined.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    My Hubby knows, I also have about ten real friends on here who workout with me, a cousin and two best friends. The problem is I wish it was my secret, LOL.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So funny you posted this.

I didn't tell ANYONE I was on it for a long time. I think since I was already in the "healthy" weight range (at the top of it!) I thought my friends would think I was being really stupid or superficial. I JUST told my boyfriend about it a few months ago, I've been dating him 5 years, and on here since Aug 2010! :-P
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat competitive - so my friends do a huge calorie burn and it posts to MFP - makes me want to go do an even bigger burn. No secrets here, my mom was my first MFP friend.
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No i have not told anyone, i have just told my mom i have it just because i wanna see what calories i eat, not because i am looking to lose weight.
    Reason i have not told people- I hate hearing oh you look just fine stop being so insecure....

Basically, this. I get the comments about 'not needing to lose weight' (thanks, but I'm doing this for myself as I intensely dislike my body) and if anyone knew I was on a site like this, proverbial would hit the fan. Not because I'm unhealthy; but because even when I was 2 stone overweight I was still 'fine' and didn't 'need to lose anything'.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    This is my "zone" & I don't want anyone from my personal life invading it.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My bf knows as he's also on here, and so do a few of my friends that I told about the site when I found out that they were trying to lose weight.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It was something I was suggested to join by my trainer, so my trainer and gym friends know I use it. My husband also joined for a while, but he's completely fallen off the wagon in regards to tracking.

My husband joined in the beginning too and is not even interested, hasn't been in a while. I finally just deleted him off my friends list lol. He does not watch what he's eating/drinking at all...so this place will be just for me :) Which is kind of nice anyway...it's a place I can come where I have a lot in common with so many people and it is kind of my getaway haha. Hey, when you're a mom and wife, you'll take whatever kinda "me" time you can get!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, most of my friends know, but when I first joined I didn't say much about it \m/
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just an iPhone ap for the longest time. I had no idea that this place existed. I'm glad I finally found it. There are a lot of real nice people here.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It's not a secret for me. I'm actively trying to lose weight and give credit to this site all the time. Plus my exercise and end of the day stats show up on facebook. It's because of those things that some of my IRL friends who don't live close to me anymore have joined the site and are starting their getting-healthy journies!!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    hubs knows, other people know...they dont know how much I love and NEED it. Well hubs does.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I've told many people about it. It could help them as well.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My husband knows, and my sisters know... some people I work with know because they're also trying to lose weight/get fit. However my sister is the only person on my mfp that I know in real life-- I like it that way.

^^^^same here
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I told my wife (who is now a member) and my workout partner (who is now a member), but not the rest of my friends or family.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    NO way! My husband says that they should put me on the payroll because I tell everyone about it. I know of at least 15 people in my personal life who are now members of this site. I tell everyone about it
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Im out of the MFP closet lol
  • 0lightasair
    0lightasair Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The SO kinda, sorta knows. THe rest of the world does not. Mainly because I look like a person who does not have weight to lose and don't like being told what I should and should not strive for. XD