• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone.

REASON: Inspire others.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Everyone who really knows me knows Im on here...
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They know I am on it, and I just started adding my personal friends. I started out solo to see if I could stick with it. I would be embarrassed if they knew how obsessive I was about really diong this! (the "This" being watching my calories, exercise, etc). But I guess they know anyway, because my excuse for missing happy hour most of the time now is because I'm going to the gym. and i really am going to the gym!!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Loud and proud here! I tell everyone I know about it!:laugh:
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .

^^^This actually made me laugh out loud, literally! I honestly hope you were joking because if not I feel bad laughing! :happy:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's a secret for me. I feel like I'd get a lot of crap if I told people in real life.
  • tflores
    tflores Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can't help but tell people. When I am passionate about something I share it with everyone. Plus I want people to support me in losing weight.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I tell EVERYONE! I had a journey on here and started off only having people that I had no idea who they were except through the site. Everyone was so supportive, helpful, encouraging, and inspirational that it helped me lost 25 pounds in 3 months. I started April of last year and when I went on my cruise in July I was down 25 pounds! HOW AWESOME! I felt great and had so many people telling me how far I have come. After the cruise, I fell off track and gained all the 25 pounds back over the course of a year, however, here I am back again trying starting today to get back to my old GOOD eating habits and exercising.

My husband totally knows that I am on MFP. I don't keep anything from him and he actually joined me and set up an account to do it with me for a while. He kinda gave up (as did I) but like I said, I am back!!!!!!!:heart:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    People know that I am on a "fitness site" but if any of my friends want to add me, I am now declining. This is my place to vent. I see everybody else enough on FB.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am here secretly. My sister knows but I only told her because she is non-judgmental. I never tell people if I'm trying to lose weight because suddenly everyone becomes a fitness "expert" when really they don't know squat.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    OH NO! This is not something I could keep to myself. Yes, it is about me, but since they know, they help too. I've gotten a couple friends to join and one sister in law, the other sis in law will join after she has her baby.

My SO and the children are very supportive!! My SO's daughter asks me when she sees me eat something "did you log that?" My oldest son will ask me "what is that going to cost you?" They all know not to touch the weight watchers, or sugar free stuff without asking first. Yes, I do share, but I like to know when its getting low so I can replace it.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I tell my family I'm on it, but they're finding success through other methods.

Not my S.O. or my friends. In fact I understate my success so far to my S.O., and haven't told her what method I'm using.

Above all I don't want my MFP to become 'Facebook', where I have to closely watch what I say so I don't offend anyone I know personally.
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think I only ever mentioned it to a co-worker, and a random person online (was in a chatroom) who wanted to know about sites like this.

Other than that, it hasn't really come up. I only mention it when it's relevant in real life. OH my dad knows too. He set one up, but didn't really stick with it. :(
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I wasn't so open about it- it's the stigma of "calorie counting" I worried about. But now I encourage people who are trying a "new diet" to check out mfp.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    No...I am not doing it secretly( My hunn is actually on here we joined together)...but sometimes by us being pals and he see how involved I am and my pals....He tends to throw it up sometimes when he is around....It's that attention thing that Men get sometimes.....At times I really wish it was a secret....:laugh: ...Now my Friends or others...I have told on many occasions and the join and what fall off...Only have had 1 success story of a refering really working....and stayed...
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    The people close to me know, but I don't broadcast it unless someone asks me what I'm doing to lose weight.

The only reason I keep quiet about it is because I'm a private person and don't like to share things with people that aren't in my inner circle (strangers on the internet apparently fall into my inner circle). :tongue:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Just wondering does your spouse,( significant other), best friends or family, know you are a part of MFP? Or are you keeping it to yourself?

I personally, have not told anyone. Reason - This is something I am doing for MYSELF!

NO ONE KNOWS!! Actually there is a co-worker that was talking to me about the MFP app 2 days ago, he still does not know there is a WHOLE website / forum / community on here yet. I just acted like I was fascinated with the concept and told him I would try it out:PP
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a problem telling people about it. I'm friends with one of my best friends on here, I told her about it... She quit using it though lol. And I'm also friends with my sister. My boyfriend knows about it. Other than that it doesn't really ever come up to tell people. I'm the only person I know that actually uses th forums/community though.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I kept it to myself at first. When I started to see progress I told my mommy :), gcato94. I want her to succeed as well. I encourage her to make MFP friends and find motivation in the weightloss photos. My sisters and hubby know too.
  • MSimp78
    MSimp78 Posts: 17
    Options
    My family knows because I scan everything I eat that is scannable. It has become a joke with my husband and youngest daughter! If we go out to eat or to a get together they say " want me to walk behind you and take pictures of everything you eat?"!!