Armed and Dangerous?

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I carry my 32 TomCat. She is cute and fits so nice in my holster!
  • TJamesChristensen
    Options
    I have lived in Vegas for 11 years now and never needed a weapon and I do a lot of night running during the summer. However, I do like to run through the parks and night trying to look really tired seeing if anyone will take the bait :smile:
  • dannytheman
    dannytheman Posts: 63
    Options
    Simple answer. Always.

Like my wallet, folding knife and must needed items of the day. It's there if I need it.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Kel-tec P-11
    Ruger SR9C
    Ruger LCR

Any of the above...everyday.

Gun Control, the theory that a 110 lb. woman have the right to
    fistfight with 210 lb. rapists.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

~I will not go quietly into the night. I will not stand by idly while the Constitution of our country, that I love so much and that so many men have died to protect, is ignored or changed. The Constitution begins “WE THE PEOPLE”, not We The Governing Body.~

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty teeth. George Washington

Without the second amendment, we wouldn't have the first very long.

"With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'."

We use 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 2 to pull a trigger. I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling

If you can read this thank a teacher/If you can read this in english thank a soldier.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
    - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I carry my 32 TomCat. She is cute and fits so nice in my holster!

My favorite gun! I'm buying it for myself for my birthday (: I like the Inox version though since I like the bling but I don't know if they make matching laser grips for it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    When I go for a walk I carry my husbands Taurus super light .38. I don't live in a bad neighborhood but I do live in the woods where there are bears, coyotes, bobcats, mountain lion etc. where I live.

Shotgun is reserved for the bedroom closet for intruders. Apparently in CT they have this law where you can shoot an intruder but only if you're backed into a corner and have no way out. So basically a bedroom. Yay CT.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Funny.
    I was just in the gun store looking for a new holster. Currently I carry a tiny little 5 shot .22 revolver EVERYWHERE but the holster is too big.
    Anyway, he tried to up-sell me on a .38 explaining that the .22 was too small.
    I finally asked him "Too small for what?"
    He answer "Too small to hurt anyone".
    My reply was "I am pretty sure that if you got shot with this little .22, it would hurt you."
    I don't know why people think you need a hand cannon (I am not suggesting a .38 is a large weapon) to be effective.
    Yes, in a gunfight, I would MUCH rather have my .357. Hell, in that case, my Mini-14 but, the .22 will work when needed.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    an Asp (Extend-A-Baton)
    to a hand gun.

you a cop?

If backpacking I have a knife, but as a tool not a weapon. other than that no, I can talk my way out of most any situation. I have done a lot of election work walking in all sorts of neighbor hood and never came across a time I was not able to resolve or lessen a tense situation. and that is with me being a dorky looking dude in heavy gang neighbor hoods.

just lucky I guess.

Sidetracking completely here but nice to see some else involved in electioneering. Besides having a dog set on me, I've never had any real aggression on the doorstep (mind you we back away long before it gets to that point) but then people are less likely to pick on a girl.

I have however canvassed tower blocks where you have to avoid the syringes left in letter boxes... And someone had a tv set thrown out of a window near them.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    interesting scotty. when i was raped, it was at gun point. kind of wished there was gun control in SA at the time. . .

i'd kind of rather you didn't use sexual violence to prop up this kind of macho bull****, ta.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    images66-1.jpg
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    interesting scotty. when i was raped, it was at gun point. kind of wished there was gun control in SA at the time. . .

i'd kind of rather you didn't use sexual violence to prop up this kind of macho bull****, ta.

I am sorry for what happened to you. It is something no one should ever have to go through. I think people who commit those crimes should be castrated and electrocuted to death. But, in my opinion and experience, having my carry weapon has saved me from situations where I most likely would've been the victim of rape /mugging. Keeping me safe from sexual violence is the main reason I carry. I have no issues giving a mugger my purse and letting him runaway with it. I do, however, have an issue giving a rapist my dignity and my health. And the one time I swore I was going to be raped and probably cut into little pieces and thrown in the Everglades, I pretended to be looking for my keys, drew my weapon on him and managed to scare him off. All the while, he was holding a .38 to my head. I don't think Scott meant to use it as a reason to promote our 2nd amendment, I think it's simply the sad truth. Kudos to those that have managed to walk away from acts of violence, regardless of the nature, without a defense weapon. In the end, it's staying alive that matters.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i take my BFG 9000 everywhere.

Nice- loved Doom (and the Lost series too- avatar)
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Lmao! Only when I'm pissed off and then I'm armed with my grumpy/sulky face which can be dangerously annoying! Lol!

Otherwise you'd have to annoy the crap outta me to find out! Lol!

On a serious note, I have a deafening alarm on my phone which I have at the ready...it's certainly NOT quiet. Best I got that's legal.

To add - just read previous post. That's no laughing matter. My first reaction at the title was light hearted. But upon reading previous post, wish I hadn't. Sorry for your story - i do take things like that seriously.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Once my permit comes it will be a Ruger SR9c or a Kahr CM9 (next purchase) or a Colt Cobra as needed, but mostly on road trips.

ETA: I don't really need one for running as I usually run with my husband and/or on a busy street at a busy time of day in a low crime area. When we go for hikes in the mountains we also stay on frequented trails. If not, one or both of us would be open carrying for sure.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options

I am sorry for what happened to you. It is something no one should ever have to go through. I think people who commit those crimes should be castrated and electrocuted to death. But, in my opinion and experience, having my carry weapon has saved me from situations where I most likely would've been the victim of rape /mugging. Keeping me safe from sexual violence is the main reason I carry. I have no issues giving a mugger my purse and letting him runaway with it. I do, however, have an issue giving a rapist my dignity and my health. And the one time I swore I was going to be raped and probably cut into little pieces and thrown in the Everglades, I pretended to be looking for my keys, drew my weapon on him and managed to scare him off. All the while, he was holding a .38 to my head. I don't think Scott meant to use it as a reason to promote our 2nd amendment, I think it's simply the sad truth. Kudos to those that have managed to walk away from acts of violence, regardless of the nature, without a defense weapon. In the end, it's staying alive that matters.

Actually, I am a very staunch advocate of the 2nd amendment. I am truly sorry that were a victim of a horrible crime, but do you really think gun control applies to criminals? They will get firearms, knives, bats, etc. because they are CRIMINALS!!!. Now, I will get off my soapbox, if you get off yours.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I am pretty able to rip open someones *kitten* if I must... as for the rest, I live in the Uk and an Umbreall can be pretty painful when it hits you straight into the weak spots :D
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Kind of turns my stomach to hear people talk about their 'favourite' gun and the collection they have at home. The gun culture is self-propelling. You gave people guns to start with, and now you can't take them away because the 'bad' people wouldn't hand them in. Although I understand the reason as to why you can't outlaw guns now, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is one of the reasons I never intend to visit the US.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's not the only reason, but I think the whole gun stuff has gone too far. People don't seem to realise that once a life is taken, you can't just reload the game and start all over.
    All fair enough, I learned how to use a gun, I can shoot, but, I'd never use it other than as the last resort - I wouldn't even have a gun handy. But than, this is Europe, not the Grand US and A ^^
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options
    Its not just the United States people. Gun violence is everywhere. Except Great Britain, apparently.

Oops...forgot about that whole Northern Ireland thing......
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Its not just the United States people. Gun violence is everywhere. Except Great Britain, apparently.

Oops...forgot about that whole Northern Ireland thing......

Having travelled to France, Belgium, Norway, Spain, the Canary Islands, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, I can assure you that gun violence isn't 'everywhere'. Guns give too much power to volatile people in volatile situations and while it's true that guns are available everywhere if you have the right contacts, their proliferation in America is the greatest cause of widespread gun violence.