Armed and Dangerous?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    So this thread has gone significantly off on a slippery tangent! :laugh: From weapons while running, to gun laws. We're a vocal group, eh!
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    Options
    *chambers a round*

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Its not just the United States people. Gun violence is everywhere. Except Great Britain, apparently.

Oops...forgot about that whole Northern Ireland thing......

Having travelled to France, Belgium, Norway, Spain, the Canary Islands, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, I can assure you that gun violence isn't 'everywhere'. Guns give too much power to volatile people in volatile situations and while it's true that guns are available everywhere if you have the right contacts, their proliferation in America is the greatest cause of widespread gun violence.

So you've never been to any country on the African continent, central & south america, the mid-east, Bosnia, or The Phillipines.
    Sorry, maybe I'm letting my military experience cloud my judgement.

Miss lvi, is right....this thread has been hijacked by people ( myself included) who are more interested in getting out their personal opinions.

I'm done.....
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask one question? Why would you tell anyone what you carry or if you carry protection with you?
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask one question? Why would you tell anyone what you carry or if you carry protection with you?

That's a very good question actually....interesting.
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    Options
    Gun enthusiasts don't tend to be too shy about what they own/carry.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Its not just the United States people. Gun violence is everywhere. Except Great Britain, apparently.

Oops...forgot about that whole Northern Ireland thing......

Northern Ireland is not actually in Great Britain.
  • csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    *Walks in sees gun law debates, must add something just for fun*

I am an American from a very pro-gun state.

I have the right to own guns, so I do.

There's too many guns in the USA to outlaw them now.

I wouldn't live in or visit a country that guns were illegal (Why? Just because I don't have to if I don't want to :p), if someone was not from the USA and were very anti-gun; I wouldn't expect them to live here or to visit if they're worried about firearms (if they do I wouldn't mind a bit).

America allows people to own guns. If you don't like it, oh well nothing you can do about it, just like there's nothing I can do about the UK not allowing them. The UK is not my home country so I don't care what they allow or don't allow with firearms and there isn't a reason why I should.

Just my opinion, I don't intend on changing anyones opinion on guns nor will my opinions be changed.
  • Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    well, I'm Australian, so insert stereotype weapon here > > > > >

:)

I go walking at 5am, but I guess I just figure I'll run faster if I have to
  • Brea_81
    Brea_81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I never go completely alone. I either have my dog (a black lab/husky) and my cell phone and pepper spray, or I go with at least one friend. At least one of us carries a cell phone, and I bring my dog if there are only 2 of us going or it's late. The crime rate in the town I live in is pretty much non-existant, so I don't feel any need to be armed with anything more serious than what I keep with me.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray. People are on way too many drugs around here to be trusted...
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    In Australia all we have to worry about are drop bears and boxing kangaroos.

On a side note, someone once told me that if you are ever attacked and need help to shout 'fire' as people are more likely to investigate rather than if you just scream 'help'.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just my house keys. They stay in my pocket unless I feel threatened then I will Wolverine my hand with them by poking them between my fingers

Fortunately not had to do that ever
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    chatnel wrote:
    ... if you are ever attacked and need help to shout 'fire'

But not if a gun is pointed at you...