Who initiates in your house??

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex 4 or 5 times a week being married after 16 years, he's got other problems. Drag them out or just leave him. He sounds like a douche. I've been with my boyfriend almost 3 years, and we have sex about twice a week... you got it good girl, so I don't know why he's complaining. Maybe just start sending him sexy texts while he's at work so he knows you're in the mood (and if you're not, trust me, they will GET you in the mood!)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a newlywed, and I very rarely initiate. Once we get health insurance, I will discuss my low libido with a doctor, but until then, he initiates almost 100% of the time. Since sex isn't important to me, he just lets me know when he wants it, and I take care of him. :wink: It's an odd situation, but we're both satisfied, and that's all that matters.

omg, you sound like me. my low libido the doc thinks comes from dealing with my mom (cancer patient) and not feeling good about myself. I don't feel sexy and some days don't know what he sees in me. Mine is coming back slowly since my parents moved out though.

So sorry for your mother. :frown: Stress can do some terrible things to our bodies. I almost think my problem is psychological as well. But cheers to keeping our hubbies happy while we sort ourselves out. :drinker:
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    My hand.

Damn Johnny, could that pic get any lower?
    it could but his hand didn't want to be photographed :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I would go to counseling... That's a silly thing to threaten divorce over...
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    How many times a week is everyone doing it?

Oh, hmm... was about 4 times a week before the new baby was born... now maybe once a week, twice if I'm lucky. Diablo III came out this week but I still managed to get a couple days out of him this week ;)
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    How many times a week is everyone doing it?

once. maybe.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Plus, 4-5 times a week is not bad. I'd say that is better than average.

This! There are many men who only get it from their wives or vice versa, 3 times a year. I think there is probably an issue since he is feeling like you don't desire him and he's always initialing. Are you acting like it's a chore or are you mutually desiring him?

Though I'd say I probably initiate 80% of the time...Recently, Twice a day. :laugh: Actually, it's pretty mutual. I feel pretty lucky that anytime my BF and I touch, it usually ends up with an O. :love:
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We had mutual initiation of sex in our relationship but he still left me and cannot tell me why and we are just shy of our 27th Anniversary.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tell him it could be worse. I initiate it 99.99% of the time and I get turned down about 90% of the time. I would have probably left by now but I know I would lose half my stuff.

You're not alone. By any means. http://www.avoiceformen.com

So many men are trapped inside horrible marriages and stay miserable for this reason. No fault divorce has made the institution of marriage only advantageous to women. Entitlement princesses get the house, kids and half the man's money - it's highway robbery and a complete waste of male potential.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, but I initiate all the time through text message and then it's on after that.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work different shifts so it's like 1 or 2 a week and it sucks!! :(
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    it sounds like one of his primary 'love languages' is physical touch, while yours isn't. one of my son's love language is gifts and i have a hard time with that one since i rarely think of it. when i do, he is thrilled. hopefully, you can make your husband equally happy since he is communicating with you what he needs.

to understand what 'language' is important to a spouse, partner or friend and how to meet it, i recommend the book 'the 5 love languages' by gary chapman.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/five-love-languages-gary-chapman/1100395389?ean=9780802473158
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I don't initiate. I don't know. I just feel like the man is supposed to do that.

Get naked.

Really though, sometimes, I will just whisper in his ear the things I would like him to do to me or me to him, He will come home and I will be cooking dinner in an apron, panties and heels - nothing else, I will buy something really sexy to wear for him and tell him that I got something for him - then model it, when we are laying in bed I will just rub his chest and down his leg and just barely graze "down there" and once it responds, I just start taking care of things......... There are TONS of ways. It is way easier to get them in the mood than us.

OMG.. I found you! you do exist!..... LOL, your husband is a lucky lucky man.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Well, I'm single so it's all me... I'm a Passion Parties consultant so I have access to an arsenal of fun things :wink:

I suppose it was usually me who initiated when I was married though... Maybe I'm just a nympho. Whatevs.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I usually initiate. He says it's because if he asks how I feel or how my day is, i usually say something to the effect that I'm tired. Well duh. We have two little kids, I rarely get a day off unless a gallstone attack or migraine literally makes me not able to move, and he's away three evenings or more a week for work stuff. I get my sleep interrupted and then have to get up way too early. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, and sometimes I initiate even when I'm not in the mood because I know he will want to, he's just not doing anything about it. But then there are other times...

I'm going to be tired for another 5 years at least. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like my husband to actually initiate or show some sort of interest so I feel like I'm not utterly repulsive to him. The only time he will initiate is if I've given up trying for a week or more, and then it's usually not a kiss or a hey baby you look good, it's a boob grab in the middle of the kitchen while I'm making lunch. After I'm pissed that it's taken him a week to realize nothing's happened. Seriously?

My point?
    If it's important to him, make it important to you. Put a reminder in your phone calendar or something if you can't remember to do it on your own.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    well I'm single, so no one right now. Although I do have a FWB that I will text asking for a lolipop because I have a craving to suck something. That usually gets him over, so I guess with him I initiate
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I used to get sensitive about this, ok I still am a little. now we usually just do it, sometimes she initiates sometimes I do but it's always starts with flirting. but it didn't used to be that way, and I hated being the one who had to initiate because half the time I felt like she was just putting out and wasn't really into it. and that is a blow to the self esteem.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    tell SIRI to remind you every other day to seduce your husband but dont let him know you're doing it. feeling wanted is important and i know if my boyfriend never initiated i would feel like he's just doing his duty and wasnt attracted to me.
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate everybodies comments. Since he told me that the other night--I have already intiated several times and he obviously was pleased. :blushing: lol but I need to just make sure and keep it going. Part of me does think he's kinda being dramatic but I need to make sure that I'm doing everything I can do to keep him happy.
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Been married 18 years.....we both do!! but often its him. We are an everyday couple, or at the most every other day! I think he would die if he didnt get it all the time!!