for anyone considering the Couch to 5K...

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    If I remember, I'll see if my son will take his bike out while Amy and I are running on Saturday and have him take some pics of us on the trail. :smile:
  • curleegurl68
    curleegurl68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello I just joined my fitness pal....I've been on my weightloss journey for almost six months. I started to do the couch to 5k in September.

I am now on week four and it's been pretty good so far. I am going to do it today and I can't wait.

I downloaded the podcast on my ipod and it tells you exactly what to do and how much to run. Its about 30 minutes. A couple of weeks ago, I did it twice. Although it has gotten challenging.

Thanksgiving day, I am going to sign up for the turkey trot, I am not sure if I will run or just walk run. We'll see :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Very cool, welcome! :explode:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    hello I just joined my fitness pal....I've been on my weightloss journey for almost six months. I started to do the couch to 5k in September.

I am now on week four and it's been pretty good so far. I am going to do it today and I can't wait.

I downloaded the podcast on my ipod and it tells you exactly what to do and how much to run. Its about 30 minutes. A couple of weeks ago, I did it twice. Although it has gotten challenging.

Thanksgiving day, I am going to sign up for the turkey trot, I am not sure if I will run or just walk run. We'll see :drinker: :bigsmile:

Welcome,

Great to hear how well you are doing. I started the C25k in July and have now moved on to my own music and distance goals. It is a great program, the podcasts are wonderful, made a runner out of me and I never thought that would happen.
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    mommared53 said:
    Well IDID IT!! I ran 3.2 miles. YAAAAY!!! And part of the time it was raining too. :tongue: But we jogged right along. Amy and I did the 5 minute walk tonight before our run and it really does make a big difference. I ran half way then took about a 5 minute rest then ran back to where we started. I'm so excited! I know I can run the 5k in November. Amy timed us and said it took us 48 minutes to run the 5k. I don't care how long it takes at this point, I just want to be able to finish the run. I know I can. :happy:

That's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Welcome Curleegurl68. :flowerforyou: I'm going to sign up for a 5k in Seattle that will be on November 28. This will be the first 5k I've ever run in my life and I'm so excited about it. Good luck to you. I know you'll do great! :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    Options
    mommared53 said:
    Well IDID IT!! I ran 3.2 miles. YAAAAY!!! And part of the time it was raining too. :tongue: But we jogged right along. Amy and I did the 5 minute walk tonight before our run and it really does make a big difference. I ran half way then took about a 5 minute rest then ran back to where we started. I'm so excited! I know I can run the 5k in November. Amy timed us and said it took us 48 minutes to run the 5k. I don't care how long it takes at this point, I just want to be able to finish the run. I know I can. :happy:

That's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I was pretty happy. :bigsmile:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats MommaRed - Doesn't it feel so good to be reaching our goals!! I've run 30 minutes twice this week, that gets me about 2.5 miles, I've going to start now upping that by 3 minutes at a time each run and see how that works.

I was thinking last night as I was running down my favorite part of my path that it would be fun to see where everyone else is running. So I am going to try to take a picture of that part of my path this weekend and will post it. If you have a chance, all runners, take a pic of your path and post it on this thread, will be fun to see the different areas.

Jenn

I love this idea Jenn!!!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I decided to clock how far I went on friday, and I just found out that I am going 4.5km including the walking part but Im SOOOOO happy that its that close to the 5km!!!! I only have the last week of 30minutes now and the 5km race on October 18th!!!!

I'll try and take some pics of where I run, but its really not thrilling hehe. its just down village streets and by my house lol !!!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Maddie, good luck on your 5k. How exciting!

Amy and I ran a different route tonight. She had mapped it and it said it was 3.2 miles. We did excellent! We ran it in 30 minutes! It's hard to believe it was 3.2 miles. I'm going to bring my pedometer the next time and see if the pedometer agrees. I didn't even have to stop to rest and I felt great when we finished. :happy:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    MommaRed

Try mapmyrun.com

I used it to find the distance around a lake by my house.

HTH
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    hey...thanks for the tip on the mapmyrun.com.....I've never used it becuase I didnt think it would work in Canada, especially in the small town i live in...BUT IT DID!!! I just used it to map my 5km run which I am going to attempt tomorrow :)

woo hoo bring on the fun!!!!
  • toots99
    Options
    There's also map my walk, an app I use on my iPhone. :smile:
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    wow...I must just say, I bought a Polar F7 heart rate monitor and I am IN LOVE with it. It renewed my urge to work out. I strap it on everytime I got to work out and am constantly amazed by the number of calories it tells me I have used :)
  • toots99
    Options
    I am waiting for my new HRM to come in the mail...was supposed to get here yesterday but didn't, hopefully today it'll be here so I can use it tomrrow.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'm not letting this thread die. :noway: Ran half of the 5k trail last night. I don't think we'll run that one again for awhile because it gets dark too soon and it's scary. Two beautiful, svelte ladies like us could get kidnapped and never be seen again. :tongue: (Note to self -- don't eat fruit before leaving work on the evenings you run. Eat something proteiny instead.)

Did you get your HRM Toots? I need to start wearing mine again. It's not gonna do me any good if I don't wear it. :bigsmile:

Good luck on your runs everyone. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    Options
    noooooo we dont want this thread to die!!! its such a great one :) Thanks Momma for the post :)

I had to work early this morning so I have to try and run tonight when I get home. Im always so tired though after work, so I know its going to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE STRUGGLE to get through the 30 minute run today. I hope I can do it!

Good luck to everyone else running today! and no momma, running in the dark ona trail isnt a great idea. I grew up in the country and I HATE running/walking int he dark because I never know whats out there lol...im such a geek :)
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    where are all of the pictures of where you guys run? I would contribute but I run on a treadmill. Not much of a view :happy:

This thread will not die. I will not allow it!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Note to self: Remember to take camera on your run Thursday so you can take a pic of where you run.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    So sorry - it was my idea and I haven't done it yet :embarassed:

I even thought about it yesterday, of course it was when I got to that spot that gave me the idea in the first place and I thought - shoot, I forgot my camera again!!!:ohwell: