You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ... when you get out of bed ridiculously early on the weekends just to have some alone time before everyone else gets up.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When you no longer get a lay in at the weekends. 6 am is the lay in lol

Also your sex life dies a death, because every time you get it on a little voice comes and says "Mummy/Daddy" heard over the baby monitor lol
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    when ur working out and the kids become the weights just so u can finish

when u can't remember their names so u just start calling them child1 thru child 4

when u can't find any pens or pencils cause they took them to use so u start using crayon

when u let ur 20 month old play with Ipod just to stop his crying

when going to the bathroom becomes a family affair and the 20 month old feels he needs to help u with the toilet paper

when u wake up with bruises every where and no longer wonder how u got them

when u find dirty silverware in the drawer with the clean ones u don't get mad anymore

and there are so many more
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    When you look forward to the day your child(ren) have kids and they are just...like...them.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    . . . you have actually said, "No, you may not smell the dog's poop later to see if it is cinnamony."

ohmygoodess :laugh:
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You get excited when Bubble Guppies come on because it's your favorite!

You find pieces of snacks all over the house and wonder how you missed that when you cleaned

You only get five minutes of "clean house" before your toddler wakes up effectively taking all his toys and scatters them throughout the house

You wonder if your feet will ever become immune to stepping on small toys that you don't see.

The only books you read are Dr. Seuss books or any other children's book.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump for when I need a good laugh.

Also I took my 1 "me-trip" a year.... just a 3 day weekend. Got back yesterday and my son told me "Mommy I missed you and love you but I almost forgot you"... he is 6. Glad I don't have to travel for work!!!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You turn on your truck and the movie Iron Man starts playing loud enough to make you almost poop your breeches!

Yeah, I have teen boys that like to think our truck is a traveling theater and need to have the sound system vibrate through our bodies.

So far my teeth haven't rattled out of my body. So that's a plus :wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When you say "Stop trying to lick the dog right now!!" more than once a day.

And when the contents of your purse include a Hot Wheels car, a crayon, and a ketchup packet. Yes...a ketchup packet.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    when your child is trying to be sweet and brings you a dandelion from outside, and you're deathly allergic to them and have to pretend you're okay and you love it.
  • seehawkmomma
    seehawkmomma Posts: 815
    Options
    When you instinctively you put your finger up you're kids nose when there is no tissue to rectify the boogie situation
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    The house is quiet and instead of enjoying the peace you start worrying about what is going on.

You suddenly don't only have your own body weight to lift up during a push up but the weight of your 15 month old!

You spend a good amount of time on your hands and knees searching for objects that shouldn't be that hard to find but some how they are hidden in the most interesting places.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.

:laugh: that is the best thing EVER:drinker:
  • PradaChick
    PradaChick Posts: 20
    Options
    when you can't finish anything you are trying to eat because they want what's on your plate instead of theirs...oh wait there's nothing on their plate , it's actually all over the floor and couch ! lol.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You play "hide and seek" so that you can hide in your huge closet and wait 20 minutes in silence while your 3 year old is looking everywhere in the room...except the closet.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When you go to the supermarket child free in the evening and you class it as a night out!

lol!

Or when you go to the supermarket child free and realise you are now just talking to yourself out loud, theres no toddler there to answer you.

^^^^this. I catch me doing this a lot sometimes their opinion is very helpful.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread. Tooo funny!

- when you reply to this post while your baby is crying just so you wont forget what youre gonna type.

Pause to cheer up baby....

- when youve acted like a rabid dog chasing after your toddler to make her laugh
    - when most of the apps youve downloaded are to keep her busy
    - when you have to protect your infant from being suffocated by hugs from her big sissy
    - when you added webmd as your favorite, and google symptoms 3x before finally calling the doc because it still doesnt seem right
    - when you say to yourself "dang, i gave you too much apple juice"

Pause to calm baby again.....

- when every clownfish is Nemo
    - when your excited to tell others of new words shes learned like bull or shirt
    - when you no longer look in normal places for the remote, but instead the veggie bin, vase, dryer, behind toilet, IN TOILET, etc
    - when your facebook has more pix of your baby in one month than of you since youve created the account
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When you have to spell out certain words when communicating with your other half so that your 2 year old does not register (park, ice cream, chocolate, milk shake etc etc!)

When 6am at the weekend feels like a nice long sleep.

When you are immune to the smell of urine, poo and sickness and don't hesitate to get your sleeves rolled up and tackle it.

When you can't be bothered with watching Little Einstein for the third time that day but are actually secretly quite excited that there are new episodes of Curious George being broadcast.

And many more!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.

:laugh: that is the best thing EVER:drinker:

Or when you regularly say "This is SEEWIOUS"

And when you begin to think that Krabby Patties might actually be a real food...
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drive to work (30 minutes) listening and singing along to children's music, without realizing it.