Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic about it but I guess no one thought it was as awesome as I did haha...

last night I went to the Relay for Life walkathon in my hometown.
    The track around the football field was what we walked all night long. I walked 6 1/2 hours and I made 40 laps around!!! Amazing!
    I feel so accomplished!! If I had tried to do that last year I would have probably barely made 10 laps before giving up. I am tired and sore but feel so good today!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic about it but I guess no one thought it was as awesome as I did haha...

last night I went to the Relay for Life walkathon in my hometown.
    The track around the football field was what we walked all night long. I walked 6 1/2 hours and I made 40 laps around!!! Amazing!
    I feel so accomplished!! If I had tried to do that last year I would have probably barely made 10 laps before giving up. I am tired and sore but feel so good today!!

Awesome!! so good for you! I have to add the exercise piece... and the weather needs to start to cooperate!! Rain again for the next two days..... hmmm.... Must find something else to do!
  • rejie1
    rejie1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The towel thing has not happened yet. Not feeling so swollen and bloated from WATER RETENTION!!! :happy:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I shopped at Black and White for the first time ever and bought a size 8!!!! I didn't know I would fit a size 8.. I spent so much money there I'm a lifetime member and have a discount all the time I shop now!

(Not so NSV.. hubby was in shock when he saw how much I spent, but then realized how HOT I looked in the clothes)
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I had two big NSV's over the weekend!

For the first time EVER I fit into Victoria's Secret PINK clothing; I'm going back this weekend to buy a pair of yoga pants that I've always wanted :happy:

My second NSV was not getting winded taking the very steep stairs at our local beach (well over 50 stairs)!
  • marydb0000
    marydb0000 Posts: 43
    Options
    The other day I was doing some light toning with 2 10 pound weights and it occurred to me - wow this is how much weight I've lost. Knowing that the 20 pounds I was holding in my hands used to be amount of fat I was carrying in my body made me feel so proud that I had gotten that far! Yay me!
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    SIZE 6 pants!! YES
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    My biggest NSV is that I've lost 15 inches on my stomach alone since Jan 12. My husband can wrap his hand all around me. He can lift me up. 2x shirt are loose on me and many more!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I showed my oldest son my biceps (he's 5) and he said 'Mommy's strong!!'

Made me smile. :)
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    My boyfriend tackled me this afternoon, and i went down. hard.

I guess we're not used to me being 24 lbs lighter yet lol

Awww!
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    I think this is too cute.

I teach a class of students, most of whom are second language learners. They often struggle with language, trying to find exactly the English word they're looking for.

Last week, one of my girls said, "Ma'am, you look...how you say...you look...less wide than you did before."

Oh that's gorgeous.
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    (Sorry for triple posts!)

My NSV as I was reading the thread:
    Not having had soft drink for several days - AND not wanting any!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I bought some slightly-too-small capri pants in a charity shop a few weeks ago and today I'm wearing them with a bit of room to spare.
  • cestoby
    cestoby Posts: 9
    Options
    hi there! Thats awesome! where did you get your heart monitor? do you like it?

Good Job!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing laundry because every time I fold something, it looks so small compared to what I used to wear and I can't believe I fit into it :happy:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)

Love it!!! This one makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Good job Mama :heart:
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i had to work 8 hours longer than usual and at a more challenging physical pace. and i had to carry several sets of heavy keys in the pockets of my already too loose jeans. well after 16 hours of running, bending, reaching, etc., it was all i could do to keep these pants up! i finally folded the waistband over a couple of times and safety pinned it down. i really dont ever recall being miserable because my pants were too *big!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    hi there! Thats awesome! where did you get your heart monitor? do you like it?

Good Job!

Try your comment again - and "quote" the individual you read that about - so that they can see your question....
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I bought a small dress, size 6 women's jeans, and 3/4 misses jeans on sunday. They all fit with a little room to spare.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Such a happy thread!

After not losing for the last few weeks, this weeks,

1. My wedding ring fits.
    2. My current size clothes are too big and the next-sized down ones are fitting easier and better-will be there soon!
    3. I do believe that I was honked at.
    4. I've been asked twice this week if I am losing.

So nice to have these reinforments!

Good luck everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!