Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.

Just because a woman is obese doesn't mean she's not healthy, same with thin women...just because their thin doesn't mean they're healthy. I'm considered obese but I'm highly active, eat right, have no health issues....I'm extremely healthy. Besides real women are the ones who are not ghosts....doesn't matter if they have curves or not....
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?

:drinker:

THIS!!!

women think they are continually defined by their body shape and size, but you're only defined by this if you believe you are..

It's kind of amazing - i'm 78kg (172 pounds) - not skinny by any stretch of the imagination - possibly curvy with a disproportionately large booty, however I think of myself as a fit, active person and act this way too (an athlete per se) - it took a lot of effort and time, but not only do I treat myself like i'm an athlete, but now so do all of my friends and family. I'm the first person they will speak to when they want to do something health or fitness or sport based.

I am no longer treated as "the fat girl", I am "the athlete" among my friends.

the only people who still perceive me as a fat girl would be people who don't know me yet - and who gives a stuff about their opinion of how i look?
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    thread-y-u-still-alive.png

Seriously! lol
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.

I don't know that I would consider any one of the women on the Dove commercials "obese." They're probably more at the higher end of their BMI.

I agree...none of them are obese. They just aren't the "Hollywood" version of what women should be. The whole point of their ads is to give a healthy body image and not one that says everybody needs to be a size 0 to be considered attractive.

Yep, Love those ads! If I could look like those women it would be wonderful!
  • azura8181
    Options
    Does anyone else think when they hear or see Real women have X think so if they don't have X then are they a man?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Kind of glad I'm not a real woman, so I'm not stuck inside some crappy image of what I should be.

FAKE WOMEN UNITE!

A-men sister!!!! :)

TeamFakeWomen :heart:
  • lyndabw
    lyndabw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bless your hubby.
    i have one of those, and he supports me getting healthy but hates me loosing my bottom. go figure':bigsmile:
  • lyndabw
    Options
    bless your hubby.
    i have one of those, and he supports me getting healthy but hates me loosing my bottom. go figure':bigsmile:

i also have a great doctor that took into consideration the meds i have to take, my family history. good healthy midwest people.
    the pics of my female ancestors really showed that on both sides of my family there are robust ladies.

so we are getting me healthy . and keeping it REAL.

all ladies are not twggies, its not normal that is the magnzines oppinion.
    i like the real oppinion.
    keep the faith ladies go for a resonable loss not some CHART that golly who knows came up with.
    you and your doc know best.
    :laugh: :happy: :ohwell: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • lyndabw
    Options
    AMEN
  • lyndabw
    Options
    I'M with ya
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas.

No the *kitten* they don't!!! Are you really going to sit here and say that transwomen and intersexed women aren't REAL women because they don't have vaginas? What about transmen? They have vaginas but they're no more a woman than I am a flying squirrel. This is hateful, derogatory, and exclusionary. This type of speech isn't uplifting or helpful. It's f*cking IGNORANT. Are you kidding me right now?!?! You are a woman if you say you are.

not to be rude but anatomy class taught me real women do have vaginas. whether they were born that way or had it made to fit their body........ hmmmmm

just cause i say im a banana doesnt make me a banana right??

You're mistaking biological sex with gender. (Which, btw, get's rather f*cked up when you've met fully functioning women who just so happens to be born with vaginas yet their chromosomes are XY. Look up androgen insensitivity syndrome.) A person can be anything biologically - man, woman, intersex - but GENDER, that lovely thing people portray to the world, is totally different. Gender is fluid and falls along a spectrum rather than a blatant x or y.

The problem I have is that we are excluding a LOT of people when we make ignorant, blanket statements about a person's genital configuration. A transwoman who's had bottom surgery is more of a woman than a transwomen who hasn't? A transman will always be a women if he doesn't have bottom surgery? What you're saying is hateful.

Not to be rude, but anatomy class doesn't like to teach things other than a 2 gender system. It freaks people out to talk about it any other way. Besides, who's the genital police? Who's taking the time to look and see if someone has a vagina or not? Don't cut out millions of people in this world by such a closed minded view of what a woman or a man REALLY is. Thanks.

I think some people are too sensitive sometimes....I don't think that person meant it in a hateful of deragatory manner at all. :ohwell:
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have curves when I stand up. I have rolls when I sit down.

ME TOO!!!! :drinker:
  • lovieb1
    lovieb1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree!

You think the women in the Dove campaigns are unhealty and/or obese?? Really? Maybe I misunderstood.:huh:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.

Actually, this is not true for all obese women. I have always had an obvious waist even at my heaviest of 226lbs. Now at 204lbs it's even more pronounced!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    These are real women, who come in all shapes and sizes. A small selection of their shape variance is demonstrated here:
    [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lOSUHzmovBQ/T2ky4xqHndI/AAAAAAAABeM/5CSnhS52kig/s640/Curves.png[/url] These are fake women who are made in all shapes and sizes:[/img]mass-effect-3-guide-kara-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-vita.jpg
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Real women don't hang out with Yankees players.

lol THIS!!!! hahahaha
    You made my day :)
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Aww, bless this thread. Eveytime I read "REAL women has" or "REAL men has" or "REAL people have" or "REAL whatever has" I start to feel so normal and suddenly I fit into all categories and can finally feel all the pressure disappear.

(Real people understand sarcasm.)
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    AMEN sister!

I am there too!

My waist says size 12 but my rump is stuck at an 18.

I hate it.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    but, also, real women can be very thin, some people naturally are. All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.

110% Agree with this!!!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OH F.F.S. HOW ABOUT WE STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT IS "BEAUTIFUL" OR WHAT QUALIFIES AS A "REAL WOMAN" AND INSTEAD WORK ON BEING LESS VAPID. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF DEFINING SOMEONE BY THEIR SIZE WE JUDGE THEM BY CHARACTER AND ACTIONS? STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW OTHERS LOOK AND FOCUS ON WHY YOU PERCIEVE THEM AS LESS THAN WORTHY OF LOVE, AFFECTION, COMPASSION AND RESPECT. THEN YOU WILL DO THE WORLD A SERVICE BY REMOVING THE JUDGMENT YOU PLACE ON OTHERS. IT MAY EVEN HELP YOU VIEW YOURSELF WITH LOVE AND HELP YOU CHANGE THE WORLD AROUND YOU.
    END RANT.