Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    really bums me out that according to all these prisses on MFP, my mother was not a real woman cause she was flat and boney.

I thought people on a website like this wouldn't describe "Real Women" based purely on physical appearance
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    This is what I think of by "real women have curves"
    She has a booty, she has boobs and is in great shape!
    There doesn't have to be one extreme or another.

JessicaBiel.jpg

Jessica Beil looks great!!!! I definitely would rather have curves over being skinny! And I agree....curves does not mean rolls!! I think the term is sometimes not used in the right er emmm context:bigsmile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    really bums me out that according to all these prisses on MFP, my mother was not a real woman cause she was flat and boney.

She probably wasn't. She probably wasn't even your mother because if she wasn't curvy, she wasn't real and therefore could not get pregnant or give birth.

Now you know the truth.

OH SHT

NO WONDER I HAVE BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yoovie
    Options

I thought people on a website like this wouldn't describe "Real Women" based purely on physical appearance

well, you know, chicks are mean and stuff.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    And.............Real women do come in all shapes and sizes!!! We all know that!!! C'mon people....I'm sure the OP was just coining a phrase and posted the picture along with the caption to promote a healthy body image for women in general.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.

Yes!
  • yoovie
    Options
    she said real women have bobs and a booty. I say the rolls ain curves thing all the dang time, but I never add in the tits/butt thing cause of my mom.

Im not offended and i fo sho aint mad, just think it sucks that there is always some kind of 'Youre A Real Woman If' thread.

Obviously, REAL WOMEN HAVE IT WRITTEN ON THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE. (or birth registration if youre from Jersey)
  • yoovie
    Options
    lol @ bobs
  • Floridaboy21
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with curves, toothpick skinny is soooo unattractive, just my personal oppinion!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.

I particularly enjoy the Dove ads and think they're beautiful.

I hate the Dove ads because they're condescending. "You look you great. Use our cellulite cream." In previous iterations, the models didn't look very good.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have curves when I stand up. I have rolls when I sit down.

LOL ME TOO!!! :grumble:
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The shot of Beyonce, or a Kim Kardashian (despite my disdain for her) is more accurate for modern curves. Marilyn Monroe is curves. Jessica Beal is athletic.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.
    Some women (Christina Applegate) are thin and still have a rectangular shape (little to no defination in her waist).
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options

JessicaBiel.jpg

this is the epitome of skinny-fat. just sayin.. :smokin:
  • yoovie
    Options

JessicaBiel.jpg

lol i really hope youre being sarcastic - that girl has guns - google em!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.
    I agree too but I have to say, I am obese and I have a very defined waist to the extent I can't get skirts and trousers to fit :laugh: My booty and boobies are the problem: I'm hoping to lose some of my "curves"!!!

^^This! I have the biggest problem finding jeans that fit properly. I totally have an hourglass shape...it's just a VERY LARGE hourglass. LOL I refer you to my most recent photos on my profile. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/11066630

If I buy pants small enough to fit my waist, they're way to tight through the hips, butt, and lower abdomen, then they get HUGE through the legs (I have pretty muscular legs, so they're disproportionately smaller than the rest of my body). It's very frustrating. Can't wait until the day that all of my parts fit together the way they should.
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Nope real women are real women! Lol ;P

In all seriousness I would give anything to have a slender body rather than a 'curvy' one, all my friends look incredible with small dainty hips and small chests...then theres me looking like a chubstrr compated to them
    X_x
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have curves, I am obese, and I happen to live in a 3-D world. My behind and my bust curve posteriorly and anteriorly, respectively.

I hate this idea that you can say something horrible about a group of people just because you used to be a part of that group. "All poor people are just filthy lazy whiners, and I can say that because I used to be a poor person."

Curve: A line or outline that gradually deviates from being straight for some or all of its length.

Rolls could be argued to possess more curves than an hourglass figure. I am curvy in many directions. :)

And to the folks who feel that obese women have no right to be proud of themselves, feel good about themselves, possess sex appeal and confidence, I can't begin to say how saddened I am by that attitude. I don't have to wait until I hit some magickal arbitrary number on the scale, or measure ratio, before I can proudly shake my booty. Health isn't just a number. You have no clue what those women have done to lose weight, how much they have lost so far.

Real women reject all the negativity directed at their body, whether it be slim or fat...and aim to stop feeding the hate.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    again!?!
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options

JessicaBiel.jpg

lol i really hope youre being sarcastic - that girl has guns - google em!

yoov, u always catch me! ahahah