Wii Fit Team - September!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yea! I finally got on the scale after Chicago and I havent gained any weight. I have been walking the 4 miles every day and tonight because the weather is bad I will got on the Wii Fit Plus for an hour. It makes me feel bad when I am working out so hard and I'm not losing, but it is nice to know that the daily exercise keeps me from gaining too easily. Now to watch that food........:bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    To everyone not loosing - measure yourself! I have been very concerned over the fact that I haven't lost any weight in a few months. But, I measure myself every month and my waist inches went down first. Then my hip inches went down 2 inches.

Hang in there, the weight will come off and seeing the inches move keeps me hanging in there.

I started back on the Wii last night. Only 3076 steps in 30 minutes and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. So, I will set a goal for this month of at least 4 x a week for 30 minutes or more.

It's raining here and cold. The Wii sure comes in handy on days like today.

Happy Wednesday all,

JAM
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I nearly blew away on my lunchtime power walk (no joke. 30-45mph gusts in the N.E. today! . LOL hopefully the 'extra resistence' worked to my advantage :)... i'll be free stepping tonight... and then i'll be sleeping really well soon after :)

bethgames- great! see you were worried, but you're fine. sometimes it's good to indulge a little..moderation of course :)

I agree with JAM0525- losing inches mean more than lbs.!
    (although of course losing pounds is great too :)
    so even if the scale is stuck- it's good to know where you started and where you are at now, since muscle mass is heavier than fat.
  • talex
    talex Posts: 6
    Options
    I would like to join this team, even though it's October. I will commit to 20 minutes 3X a week. I love my Wii Fit but I haven't been using it in a while.
  • 15togonar
    Options
    Today i did 30 minutes on free step 3392 steps!!!
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Been working on strength a lot more in the past two weeks. Got in my 30 today and a high score.
  • bethgames
    Options
    I am back, had PT yesterday but walked 4 miles early in the morning to get it in. Here is to hoping for decent weather to walk again tonight, otherwise I will get on the Wii Fit for at least 45 minutes. That is my solemn vow. :)
  • jam0525
    Options
    Ok, I'm back to working out again. It was terrible taking a week off. I'll try not to do it again.

I've decided to wait for the Wii Fit Plus until Christmas. This way I know I will get something I want.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. :drinker:

May we all make good choices.

JAM
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't think the wii fit plus comes out in the UK until Nov (might be wrong)
    so i'm gonna ask for it for christmas.
    Did the freestep today for 30 min got a personnal best of 3530 steps.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Kaja - Congradulations on getting 3530 on the free step! That's awsome.

JP- I admire you working on strength with such dedication. I get so worked up over getting more calories, I've gone back to skipping strength and yoga.

15- grats on the free step score.

I did 40 minutes this morning: 10 minutes free run and 30 minutes free step. I'm pretty beat right now. This afternoon we are hoping to go on a family walk and see the aspens. We live near the National Forrest, so it will be beautiful up on the ridge behind our house. We can't hike much due to my daughter's hip injury.

I don't know what my goals are any more. lol For this next week I hope to do 40 minutes a day every day I can and mix it up a little.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • JPriceGA
    Options
    Thanks, JAM. Overall I worked out on the Wii less last week, but almost all of it was strength. I'm getting ready for a 5k, so I've ran and swam a lot and didn't make my 30 min/day on the Wii 3 days (I did something though every day)

Over the weekend I did the jack knife challenge to 100 - my low back complained the next day after that... but it's all good :-)

I'm working on increasing my ability to do plank and push-up with side plank. I did the pushup one on my knees for a long time, now I'm moving to regular push ups and can barely do the 6... but I'm up to a score of 75 on those six push ups & side planks.

I also earned 599 on the advanced soccer balance game for a new high score!
  • jam0525
    Options
    JP- Good luck with the 5k.

My 15 year old daughter challenged me to run a 5k with her next summer after she recovers from her hip surgery. Poor thing-she can't run, jump, dance or do any impact sports until she gets her operation. The injury is now 2 years old. It is a constant fight with the insurance company to get them to do anything.

I got on the WII for 14 minutes of strength training this morning before work. I went back to 10 reps on everything just so I don't injury myself. Hopefully, I can get 10-15 minutes of some form of excercise in 2-3 mornings a week.

Happy Monday!

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    OK, I gotta admit that I love the new Quick body scan on the Wii Fit Plus. No more waiting for that balance part to get over to get to the weight!! Thats what I really care about anyway. I walked 4 miles in the rain Friday and Saturday and Sunday did the 4 miles as well. As long as the weather isnt freezing out I will continue to walk outside because I get the push I need from friends, but I am so happy that the Wii is always waiting for me to workout if I need it. And I love getting on to do my body test!
  • JPriceGA
    Options
    Is there an October thread I should be following now??

30 - strength today - high score on Push-up Side plank - 100 points for 6!
  • jam0525
    Options
    I don't know if we should start a new thread now or wait for November.

What do you all think?

JAM
  • gabbier
    Options
    just bought the ww fit plus as the other was getting boring and with hot weather not using plan on using 3 times a week and fitness coach 2 times a week and active 3 times a week . gained weight over summer have to get if off
  • bethgames
    Options
    I vote for waiting until November. I cant believe that I am starting to look forward to my workouts. Crazy, huh?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    The only reason we started a new one in sept is that we had over 20 pages and it was getting quite long, we had the same thread for months before that though so I wouldn't feel that there has to be a new thread :bigsmile:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I say wait until November also. Maybe start a new thread once every 2 months that way the thread doesn't get to long and we don't have to keep figuring out which thread we are on. I am struggle to get myself motivated to get back on my WII. I have not been on it since I joined this thread and that was 2 weeks ago. I am going to try to get on it and do some yoga and balance games today. I hope the rest of you are having a great day.
  • bethgames
    Options
    Ammcnett - Remind yourself that you will feel so good afterward. And it is good for the baby. :) Motivation is the hardest part. I thank goodness for my friend Kris everyday. She is the walking Queen and she drags me out almost every day. It is nice to have an external motivation for those days when the internal one fails miserably. My baby is 9 and I am just now getting the motivation to get this weight GONE!!! It aint easy, but it is worth it. What do they say? Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. Do some of the fun exercises and balance games, they are more easy to get motivated on.....You can do it!