Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    14576491_3771.jpg

^That is why ZombieChaser really wins. I don't even know her, but that's some good evidence.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Hmm. Am I a geek? Am I a nerd?

*I'm a gamer
    *I've been a sci-fi/fantasy addict for as long as I can remember
    *I'm still pissed Firefly was cancelled

These are me too!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Wait are we voting for geeks or nerds cause didn't someone say there's a difference? Either way I still nominate Corylda!!!

By day I'm a instrumentation and combustion tech, by night i'm a super hero, does that make me a geek?

I don't know if the job makes you a geek, but those eyes make you my hero!!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 173 Member
    I love a guy with a big, huge, gigantic brain! :love:

oh no is this going to lapse into a "mines bigger than yours" argument :laugh:

Hot damn, pick a topic and let me know the time and place so I could watch that argument. Fingers crossed that it's classic literature. SEXY!

anyone for the "is batman a TRUE superhero" discussion ?:laugh:

He's a super rich guy in a super cool expensive suit that does some amazing heroic things, but a superhero he is not. You need to have at least one superpower to be a superhero in my book.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 659 Member
    Book shelves are wall to wall in my home office, at last count I have over 780 books

can we get married? please? lol
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Im here... Start the party! LAN party?
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    not in it to win it or nominate myself. Just love finding other geeks/nerds out there. My guest room is a Star Wars room - complete with sheets, and a quilt my sister made (Star Wars/Darth Vader themed). I'm not a complete Star Wars nerd, it was a love for the movie that went a little overboard with the family- they send all their Star Wars finds to me......lol

Also, I DO remember reading tons of Forgotten Realms back in HS, and I was in Marching Band....That's GOTTA count for something, right?! lol

HUGE Walking Dead show fan, and just started reading the comics/novel(s?) too.
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member

Sweet! What are we playing?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I love a guy with a big, huge, gigantic brain! :love:

oh no is this going to lapse into a "mines bigger than yours" argument :laugh:

Hot damn, pick a topic and let me know the time and place so I could watch that argument. Fingers crossed that it's classic literature. SEXY!

anyone for the "is batman a TRUE superhero" discussion ?:laugh:

He's a super rich guy in a super cool expensive suit that does some amazing heroic things, but a superhero he is not. You need to have at least one superpower to be a superhero in my book.
    So, Iron Man isn't a superhero either (until Extremis, or course)?! :angry:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member

Should we open the gates to the "Who's your favorite superhero?" flood?
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    I am Brock Samson. Ok, so I'm not...but

I can wax philosophically about the different meanings behind Star Wars' story line, and let you play with my modus ponens. After all, I am hot and a geek, therefore also the "est."

(Go ahead, play with it. Also--please tell me if you get that crappy joke)
  • Im not the hottest anything but I am definitely a geek/nerd...Even my ticker is Wolverine lol cmon now!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Sweet! What are we playing?
    Please be DOOM. Please be DOOM. Please be DOOM.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

Only if it involved Diablo 3.
  • mrf330
    mrf330 Posts: 19 Member
    Ive written fan fiction about Firefly/Serenity

Firefly/Serenity fan fiction? You've got my vote.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    CqlIF.jpg

Ha Ha! I had that comforter about 8 years ago.. . weird.

I nominate Jovialation, Nerdy and geeky in the coolest way possible.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    14576491_3771.jpg

^That is why ZombieChaser really wins. I don't even know her, but that's some good evidence.

Agreed! Those heels are some serious nerd cred! :heart:
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    I am collaborating with a friend of mine on building an entertainment system that will look like a blue police box from the outside, but when you open it, it will have a nice flat screen TV with all the seasons of Doctor Who (including the old ones), and enough room to fit in a few gaming consoles.

how hot does that make me? :)
  • I am a nerd/geek/unidentified flying object because at the 'tender' age of 18:

* I have attended a human anatomy lab where I handled dissected cadavers that were over 3 years old due to awesome preservation techniques, my favourite part of the body is now the brain because of its squishy/solid texture :tongue:
    While there I learnt that us ladies are a bit like trees, there is a part of cartilage in the centre of the hip bone which breaks during pregnancy, every time, in order to allow a little bit more space for the baby to grow. You can tell how many times a woman has been pregnant by the number of rings there are in that cartilage.

* I spent all of my summer holiday last year doing a total of around about 315 voluntary hours at animal establishments such as farms, veterinary practices, kennels, etc while at the same time holding down a part-time job on a weekend at a residential home. Because I LOVE animals and I want to get as much varied experience as I can with them.

* I was entered for Biology Olympiad by my college

* After my final college exams next month I will be starting a part-time job at a haematology lab to save up some money before I go to study Biological Sciences at Durham University :laugh: I am VERY excited!

On the non-academic, non-career focused side I absolutely love fantasy books and I'm working my way through Kelley Armstrong's AMAZING series!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    I am collaborating with a friend of mine on building an entertainment system that will look like a blue police box from the outside, but when you open it, it will have a nice flat screen TV with all the seasons of Doctor Who (including the old ones), and enough room to fit in a few gaming consoles.

how hot does that make me? :)

I don't even like Dr. Who and that impresses me!