Who all females carry most their weight in their stomach?

Options

Replies

• BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Want to say sorry. Maybe its my jealousy kicking in?? i don't know :-(
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

Edit: I wrote something mean and thought better of it. I'm sorry.

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

I'm right there with ya! But...everyone has their own struggles. It's like saying rich people shouldn't complain about money because they have so much. Mo' money mo' problems, ya know?

I just recently got out of the 300's myself, so feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :flowerforyou:

Good luck to both of you on your new lifestyle! There are so many awe-inspiring people here. The ultimate victory would be for all of us to feel fit & happy with ourselves :)
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've lengthen and leaned out almost everywhere else except my tummy pooch. :(
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

Edit: I wrote something mean and thought better of it. I'm sorry.

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

I certainly hear your frustration because I would kill to be in the mid-low 100's right now. But no one is required to be happy with their body just because some people have it worse. There are people who weigh more than 600 pounds who can't even get out of bed and that doesn't stop me from being unhappy at 223 pounds, you know? Someone is always gonna have it worse. We shouldn't give up on making our bodies what we want them to be because of that.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

No worries. I'm jealous of everyone who has a flat tummy lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Same here! I've lengthen and leaned out almost everywhere else except my tummy pooch. :(

Mine is more than a pooch & i haven't leaned out, so maybe I gotta just keep going? We both just gotta keep on & just hope we get there! AND SOON!
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Maybe.

I know I get jealous and angry sometimes.

I've never been over 200, but at 199.6 or 196 and 5'3", I was obese and pre-diabetic. 12 lbs lighter, I'm still obese and pre-diabetic.

I had a roommate that thought a size 6 or 8 was HUGE. She offered me some of her clothes that were "too big". I was a size 16/18 at the time. She really didn't see any difference between a size 6 and an 18.

That really brought out jealousy and resentment in me.

And even if someone is in their ideal weight range, they may not have the composition that they want. They can be an ok weight, but still have too much body fat (which I think is what's going on with the OP). Do they not get to ask for help?
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    shorty do the p90x or insanity if you can't afford it look on craigslist.. :D I might get it later once I get money. because I have seen TONS of transformation videos on youtube
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My weight is all around my middle and I'm so fed up with it.

While people may look at me and say I'm not overweight, I'm actually just bordering onto it, but its also the worst place to store any excess weight as it puts you at risk of heart disease, etc.

For me this journey is about getting comfortably back into the size I am...I have so many unworn clothes in my wardrobe...but it's also about stopping things before they get too out of hand. I have a few friends who are classed as morbidly obese and are struggling to lose weight, and I see the problems they have with joints and their health due to their weight and feel I owe it to my children and myself to nip this in the bud and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle before it gets to that stage
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Also, Kris, for perspective, you may want to read this blog post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmberBoobar/view/-fat-people-vs-skinny-people-263761
  • spunkfish
    Options

Mine is more than a pooch & i haven't leaned out, so maybe I gotta just keep going? We both just gotta keep on & just hope we get there! AND SOON!

I think so! :O) In fact, from looking at your pictures..it looks like our bodies are turning into about the same shape. Except I'm about 5'' taller.
  • shorty35565
    Options

Maybe.

I've never been over 200, but at 199.6 or 196 and 5'3", I was obese and pre-diabetic. 12 lbs lighter, I'm still obese and pre-diabetic.

I had a roommate that thought a size 6 or 8 was HUGE. She offered me some of her clothes that were "too big". I was a size 16/18 at the time. She really didn't see any difference between a size 6 and an 18.

And even if someone is in their ideal weight range, they may not have the composition that they want. They can be an ok weight, but still have too much body fat (which I think is what's going on with the OP). Do they not get to ask for help?

I wanna weigh ab 125, but YES too much body fat! Really gotta trim it down.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Maybe.

I also get jealous.

I consider myself fairly normal, but it's hard sometimes. Where I study, everyone is incredibly fit and flat. I remember one painful episode where two of my (at the time) best friends (both size 0) were going to go as hot biker chicks for halloween, and they were joking about how, if I wanted to join them, I'd have to get the costume custom-made (me being a size 4). They didn't think I heard them. But I did. This place can be toxic sometimes. It's hard to keep your grip on what's normal and healthy here.

Thankfully, I have new friends now.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    shorty do the p90x or insanity if you can't afford it look on craigslist.. :D I might get it later once I get money. because I have seen TONS of transformation videos on youtube

I know all about those programs. I'm into beachbody,. My coach is doin insanity right now. It's kinda insane lol I dont think I'm ready for that, looks hard as heck. My friend attempted p90x and said it was rough. I do Turbo Fire, another beachbody product. U might wanna look n2 it too. It's intense cardio, just not as hard as insanity lol. Like I stated up there, I'm gonna start chalean extreme in ab a month, it's a weight lifting program. I wanna build up some muscle & then do sum cardio so it'll have a better effect/affect (i always get confused w/ those 2 lol)
  • shorty35565
    Options

I think so! :O) In fact, from looking at your pictures..it looks like our bodies are turning into about the same shape. Except I'm about 5'' taller.

Really?! Happy 2 have another like me! though sad for u too, cuz it sucks! i hate it lol
  • spunkfish
    Options

I know all about those programs. I'm into beachbody,. My coach is doin insanity right now. It's kinda insane lol I dont think I'm ready for that, looks hard as heck. My friend attempted p90x and said it was rough. I do Turbo Fire, another beachbody product. U might wanna look n2 it too. It's intense cardio, just not as hard as insanity lol. Like I stated up there, I'm gonna start chalean extreme in ab a month, it's a weight lifting program. I wanna build up some muscle & then do sum cardio so it'll have a better effect/affect (i always get confused w/ those 2 lol)
    Same here, I did Power 90 first...now I'm doing the Les Mills Pump. :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is me :(

As others have said, start lifting weights, it helps a lot :smile:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i would kill to have a bigger stomach. my stomach is one of the thinnest things on my body, but because of this everything else is huge, and i can't wear shorts or tank tops or tight jeans without feeling like everyone is staring at me.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup, pooch-meister here. Partly PCOS and a tendency to store in the middle, partly leftovers. My arms, legs, back and face are all very firm and muscley (well, less so my face, you know what I mean!) but my stomach is jelly on a plate. I currently weigh 145 with a goal of 140, but I suspect it may take a little more than that to get rid of the dreaded pooch.

Going to have to start lifting heavier than my 14kg kettlebell to shift the wobble...
  • shorty35565
    Options

Maybe.

I also get jealous.

I consider myself fairly normal, but it's hard sometimes. Where I study, everyone is incredibly fit and flat. I remember one painful episode where two of my (at the time) best friends (both size 0) were going to go as hot biker chicks for halloween, and they were joking about how, if I wanted to join them, I'd have to get the costume custom-made (me being a size 4). They didn't think I heard them. But I did. This place can be toxic sometimes. It's hard to keep your grip on what's normal and healthy here.

Thankfully, I have new friends now.

I get jealous all the time. Everyone does. I think it's normal.
    and omg! if they think size 4 is big, sum1 needs 2 slap them!! That was really rude.
    Idk if I could ever b a 0. I think my hips might b too wide. Not every can b. It's not the pants size that's important anyways. I'm sure sum pretty fit ppl out there dont wear 0.