Visualize This

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

In my spare time, I like to go out and recover lost artifacts from the Civil War. I am quite a history buff!

Thats so cool, I, a huge history freak and I'm so jealous!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options

In my spare time, I like to go out and recover lost artifacts from the Civil War. I am quite a history buff!

Thats so cool, I, a huge history freak and I'm so jealous!

Don't be jealous! LOL!

You can come watch some of my "Diggin" vids that I have made - www.researchandrecoveryshow.com
  • mamaturner
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't be jealous! LOL!

You can come watch some of my "Diggin" vids that I have made - www.researchandrecoveryshow.com
    [/quote]

Ah! That was so cool! I went to Columbia for spring break in 04 (well really to visit a friend there and then we went to Myrte Beach) And we went and visited a spot, I forget the name of the town but it had a plantation house and some of the original stone walls around it, a blacksmith shop and a really old cemetary, it was a blast! I REALLY wanna go to Ghettysburg, I'm also a huge Paranormal freak, I'd love to go back to school to become a parapsychologist (spelling?)
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    Hey guy's I finally lost two little pounds... why doesn't my ticker up-date? Am I suppose to do something or is it automatic....:blushing:
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I made it tonight with the help of my friends. I think I should be good for the rest of my visit wooooooooo.
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I am actually at work, pulling a 3rd shifter 2nite. FuN FuN lol.
    rkorduner- I wanted to tell you that I used to be in your shoes. My advice is you know noone is going to be there to push you to do this right? You have to get self-motivated and disciplined. Make a promise to yourself to atleast go for a walk everyday and just try your best to eat right. Not necessarily cut out everything you like, but ration it. And if you drink alot of soda, cut it out too. I promise that within the first couple weeks you will feel so good about youself, and after time will really learn that you have the power and have had it this entire time. Some people just dont realize how strong they really can be. Also, definitely dont weigh in everyday. That could be very discouraging if you dont see the results you were hoping for. And lastly, DONT GIVE UP! Hope that helps:)

Everyone- I read over all the intros and I can already tell this is going to be a blast. Everyone is so wonderful, and I have learned alot already. Kim, you have already came up with some great recipes and ideas, thank you. If anyone ever needs to talk, I'm all ears:)

Hope you all have a great night:)
    :flowerforyou:
  • maddmaddmama
    maddmaddmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    okie doke i guess it's my turn to introduce myself....well i feel left out here cause everyone is married and with children...well anyway My name is Marianne I'm 23 years old I live in Honolulu, Hawaii...No children, yet but I have a boxer/pit and his name is KING. We love to take morning walks together at the park. I'm a ward clerk/nurses' aide on a pediatric ward mainly focusing on the sick ones i.e fever, pneumonia, respiratory distress and such. I also go to school part time trying to get into a nursing program.:ohwell:
    I've been recently realizing that I'm an expert at yo yo dieting and it needs to stop now before it gets worst. I was 160 in 06' then 130 in 07 'in 08' i was gradually going back up i was 150-155 stayed like that for awhile and now im 163.5lbs...:explode: I'm only 5 feet so that's big for me...
    So the first time i lost all the weight i was on a strict diet of a regular breakfast ( one cup cereal and one cup 1% milk with a banana) lunch and dinner was lettuce and tomato with dressing and water all day long, when i got hungry i would eat fruit. for exercise I bought the slim in 6 dvd's and i love it! to this day (3 years later) i still use it, i also ran 20 minutes at 4.5 speed at the gym. I lost a good 10 pounds in one month.
    wow now that i think of it i really straved myself...so here I am looking for new ways to lose weight and to meet new people and gain some motivation!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ianconway
    Options
    Hey guy's I finally lost two little pounds... why doesn't my ticker up-date? Am I suppose to do something or is it automatic....:blushing:

Click on the "My Home" tab and then you'll see an option to Check-In. There, you can enter your weight in and that will update your ticker! :-)
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    So Ian, I noticed you talk about the WiiFit and love it alot. When you talk about cycling, is there actual equipment for that? If so, thats really neat:)
  • ianconway
    Options
    So Ian, I noticed you talk about the WiiFit and love it alot. When you talk about cycling, is there actual equipment for that? If so, thats really neat:)

Hey Jeannie,

I wish there was a Wii Bike! LOL! Actually, you stand on the Wii balance board and step in place to mimic the pedaling and hold the Wiimote like the handlebars to steer. When you go up hills, you have to step quicker to make it up the hills. There are 5 different modes you can play- Beginner, Medium, Island View, Expert, and Free Cycle. Expert by far is the most challenging, or at least for me it was. You have to cycle up the mountain to get some of the checkpoints and it took me about 45 minutes to do. But, I did not once get bored!!!

Also, I played the Free Cycle for the first time last night. It allows you to just ride your bike for 30 minutes and do whatever you prefer.

So far, I love the Wii Fit Plus and it's a HUGE upgrade to Wii Fit.

-Ian
  • ianconway
    Options
    I know it's not check-in day, but I figured I would toot my own horn here-

Just got back from a 4 mile jog!
    45:47 total time
    11:26 per mile
    737 calories burned

Woo Hoo!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I was horrible last night...I got home at 11:30 and I was thristy for beer. I indulged in quite a few beers, slice of pizza and popcorn...my total weakness is Sam Adams Octoberfest, it only comes out once a year. You know what is sad, I kinda hide that pizza in the veggie crisper. I know that no one would look there for food. As I was heating it up, I told my husband he would die if he touched it. Pretty sad and pathetic. Dieting, I think, can bring out the evil in me.

I also had a pop at work yesterday. My first in about a week. I just love my cola at work to give me my sugary and caffeine jolt. Today, I will not have one. In fact, I am not going anyway near the cafeteria. Otherwise, I end up with a pop and cookie or dessert of some sort.

I was nearly 800 calories over my limit; but, stayed within the fat zone...so, today, I take my sorry *kitten* downstairs and workout before I go to work. When I get home, I am going right to bed. Damn Octoberfest!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options

737 calories burned

Woo Hoo!

Yeah, I read this when I got up after my binge...it motivated me to exercise today...even though, I don't really want to. DAMN OCTOBERFEST
  • ianconway
    Options

737 calories burned

Woo Hoo!

Yeah, I read this when I got up after my binge...it motivated me to exercise today...even though, I don't really want to. DAMN OCTOBERFEST

I use to LOVE beer. Just a Budweiser would do the trick for me. Actually, a few of them! :laugh: I have to plan my weeks out in advance for splurge days. For example, if I know I'm going to someone's birthday party, general get-together, etc, I will work my butt off the days before and make sure I have stayed within my limits.

Then, when the day comes for the beer, I try to sip it.

Bad thing for me: When I drink, I feel I have to have a cigarette when I drink. That's the main reason I try not to drink anymore. If I was to start back on one of them, it would be like I have thrown all of my hard work away.

You're going to do fine! Just keep up the good work and when a challenge comes your way, push yourself to choose the right thing!

-Ian
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The worst for me when I go out drinking with friends is being realllllly bored. I mean it's fun to be with them but being 22 it's hard to remember that I don't have to drink or smoke to have fun. I did like I said go over cals by like 350 from my lunchtime snack, but I went for an hour walk with my bffl and pushed her two year old the whole way. I was so proud of myself though because a week ago we did the same thing an I hurt the whole time and I pulled my groin and complained the whole way. This time I was able to walk quick and not need a break and didn't pull anything AND didn't complain once the whole time. In fact I could have gone longer. So even though I am not sure about my weight my endurance is soooooo much better just after a week. Woooooo! I didn't realize how out of shape I was before this.
  • mamaturner
    Options

737 calories burned

Woo Hoo!

I use to LOVE beer. Just a Budweiser would do the trick for me. Actually, a few of them! :laugh: I have to plan my weeks out in advance for splurge days. For example, if I know I'm going to someone's birthday party, general get-together, etc, I will work my butt off the days before and make sure I have stayed within my limits.

Then, when the day comes for the beer, I try to sip it.

Bad thing for me: When I drink, I feel I have to have a cigarette when I drink. That's the main reason I try not to drink anymore. If I was to start back on one of them, it would be like I have thrown all of my hard work away.

You're going to do fine! Just keep up the good work and when a challenge comes your way, push yourself to choose the right thing!

-Ian

I wish we could pick and choose what we want to quote it would make it so much easier and much smaller in cases like these. Ian I'm totoally with you! I originally quit June of last year when I found out I was pregnant, then started up again after I was done nursing, and quit again. I have to admit I had a batchlorette party and then a wedding and I did have a puff or two, but it's always social and with beer involved. I was also a lover of bud, bud light to be exact and lienenkugels of all kids (originally from WI) but have now switched to MGD 64.
  • amym1
    amym1 Posts: 13
    Options
    The important things is to just get back on track and not to let one day defeat you. We did not become overweight in one day. Just try to have more good days than bad ones and you'll be fine.

I was thinking all morning about having a scone at a bakery near my house. Just looked up the calories and it was 450 for one! I had an English muffin with smart balance spread instead and I'm glad I checked.

Amy
  • ianconway
    Options
    The important things is to just get back on track and not to let one day defeat you. We did not become overweight in one day. Just try to have more good days than bad ones and you'll be fine.

I was thinking all morning about having a scone at a bakery near my house. Just looked up the calories and it was 450 for one! I had an English muffin with smart balance spread instead and I'm glad I checked.

Amy

WOW! One scone is 450!? I'm glad there aren't any bakeries near my house! :laugh:
  • ianconway
    Options
    Ian I'm totoally with you! I originally quit June of last year when I found out I was pregnant, then started up again after I was done nursing, and quit again. I have to admit I had a batchlorette party and then a wedding and I did have a puff or two, but it's always social and with beer involved. I was also a lover of bud, bud light to be exact and lienenkugels of all kids (originally from WI) but have now switched to MGD 64.

I haven't had a beer in almost a month and haven't had a soda(non-diet) in almost 2 months. I have been drinking water with the Propel flavored packets. Different alternative to just plain water and only 5 calories per serving.

Even when I go out to dinner, I'll get Unsweet Tea with Lemon and add a packet of Splenda.

We have a birthday party we are going to in 2 weeks and I'm only wondering how I'm going to be able to combat the urge to drink a beer.

ALSO

Did you know?
    Did you know that one 12 Oz. Beer has more pure alcohol than a 3 oz shot of Wiskey?
    Did you know that Wine Coolers have the most pure alcohol per serving for any alcoholic drink?

And also did you know:
    Say you were to start drinking at 9 p.m. You only have one drink per hour. You stop drinking at 1:30 a.m. Your BAC is 0.14. At 2:00 a.m., your BAC rises to 0.16 because your body takes a while to absorb the alcohol. You go home and sleep and wake up at 7 a.m. Your BAC is still at 0.09 which is legally intoxicated. At 9:30 a.m., your BAC is only at .05 which means you are still impared. It's not until 1 p.m. that you are back to a BAC of 0.00.......

Something to think about the next time you try to go into work the next morning after a drink or two.. LOL!

-Ian
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kinda of scary the BACs; cause, I go to work and push narcs and heart meds