Women 50+ for October

Options

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all of your kind words. I could not have done it without all of you. For those that lost congrats. Keep up the good work.
    Vicki M
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :mad: I am so mad at myself.. I have worked so hard in the past to take the weight off..now here I am 35 lbs higher than I want to be..or should be.. Today is the first day back to structure and sanity.. I did so well here when I stuck to the program..It's good to be back..

Pam

:noway: :noway: Boy can I relate. Just can't give up no matter what.

:flowerforyou: Doobiedo hang in there:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hey, Pam! I new to this message board too. I did WWs and had a lot of success then stopped journaling and keeping up with what I was eating and the pounds crept back on. So just know you aren't the only one making another go at it. It definitely is something we cannot just let fall by the way side. We have to make it part of our lives.

I know I'm going to feel a lot better when I get mine back off, both mentally & physically.

In my Devotional the other day it said "If you want victory over something then you have to prepare yourself to work at it". That applies to any area of life!

Hope every one is staying on track.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It looks like everybody is busy. I should be busy. I have so many chores that I don't want to do so here I am at the computer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I walked for over an hour this morning, then went to the farmers market and bought chard, sweet onions, and fresh salmon. I steamed the chard for lunch, added some onion to my salad, and put the salmon in the freezer to eat when Jake comes home.

Today is Jake's birthday and he is celebrating it with his mother in Ohio. He bought two pieces of cheesecake with a strawberry on top to take the place of birthday cake. Later he is going to a restaurant for dinner with his three brothers and their families. There's no time to walk on the treadmill at the hotel fitness center so he finally had to concede that this will be a way over the top calorie day. :laugh:

Best wishes to all for a weekend of healthy eating and exercise. We can stay on track one day at a time.
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is going well. For a while I was bouncing between 109 and 116 which is kind of a big range and meant it wasn't just water. But now I'm more in the 109 to 113 range and that can be explained by water weight.

I'm watching the "Ford Ironman World Championship" on the internet. Chrissie Wellington is out in front and half way done with the bike. Yeah! Oh and the leader on the mens side lives near me. How awesome is that? :laugh:

I really want to do that race some day. I have so far to go though. I had a good workout today though.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'm bound and determined to get off this plateau that I've been stuck on for the past several months.

Today the kids and I went to a ski sale and we got free tickets to a local ski area. The kiddos got some new small stuff, but I am holding out for me to loose more weight before it snows down here. I did see a really cute outfit and have set that as my goal.

The only big change I've made is that I am no longer eating my excercise calories. I'm trying real hard to learn to live on 1300 calories a day. I have started jogging again on my Wii for 10 minutes as part of my excercise plan. So.................hopefully those two changes will help.

Have a nice Saturday all.

Jeannie
  • vickim26
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    Yes Barbie it does look like everyone is busy. Heather and I went to Baton Rouge today to do a little shopping. Spent most of the day. Just got home a few minutes ago. had to log my calories. I went over by about 100 but not too bad. Didnt get a work out in but will go early in morn. Might work off a few calories cause I am watching LSU and FLA on tv and I get pretty excited. Hubby is coming home tomorrow. Late tomorrow night but at least coming home. It has been a very long two weeks. While I get a lot done while he is away, I get lonely. Hope everyone is having a good day since busy. We got a little cool weather today. Looks like some of you got cold weather. Keep up the good work. See you tomorrow.
    Vicki M
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi Robinia,
    Welcome to the 50+ Women thread. This is the greatest group. Thank you for posting your gratitude list. A few years ago when my life was at a very low point, someone suggested that I start my day with a gratitude list. I've been doing that ever since and you are right that it keeps me focused on the right things and improves my attitude.

It helps me to read and post every day to be always in the company of people who have health and fitness as their goals and who will applaud my successes and encourage me when I falter.
    Barbie :drinker: :drinker:

To Barbie and Robinia,

Thanks to both of you for uplifting and inspiring messages. I find life is always better with an attititude of gratitude. It so much nicer to be thankful, which somehow seems to lead directly to being cheerful.

Barbie, thank you for your comments about reading and posting daily. I have been very hit and miss on doing this. I log pretty faithfully but find I am hurrying in and out of the website instead of taking the time to read these wonderful posts. I am going to try hard to be better about that.

I am struggling a little today. Ate too much at dinner even if it was delicious autumn veggies with pork. The wine has probably added somewhat to my demise (even it it is red). I need to sign off and go get on the treadmill one more time today to make up for missing exercise yesterday. Gotta get back on track!!! I've come too far to give up now (especially as it is Autumn and we are into my usual fat-gaining time of year. Woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning here is eastern Nebraska...on October 10, no less...yuch!!

Thanks again, ladies.

Terri
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be in bed but I'm having so much fun watching the Age Groupers cross the finish line at Kona that I can't make myself stop. :laugh: Talk about inspirational!
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Brrr! We had 4 inches of snow in central Nebrrrska. There is supposed to be more snow tonight. I guess winter arrived early. I finally relented and set my ticker where it was supposed to be. Hopefully this 6 pounds will come off relatively quickly. I don't want to lose the ground I've gained this year.:noway: Hope each of you has a good weekend. I'm going to try weighing every day this week. Since I have been only weighing on Thursday, I find myself only "being good" a couple days before I weigh. I'm only fooling myself.:ohwell: Here's to MFP friends!:drinker:
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good BEAUTIFUL :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: morning ladies !! God is sooooo good to us. Went to my family reunion in Bardstown, KY yesterday. There was so much food that I passed up, I don't even feel guilty for having a small sample of each dessert. Besides, how do you count a forkful of cake, a bite of brownie, a sliver of cheesecake ? We sat around a bonfire til 10pm so that should have burned off those extra calories anyway, right ? :laugh: Also, I drank unsweetened tea all day instead of the free flowing beer and wine. :drinker: :drinker: So yeah, I feel pretty good this morning. The sun is shining and there is a crisp chill in the air. Thank goodness the snow stayed in Nebrrrrrraska.

Hope all of you have a lovely Sunday and a great week. Will check in with you later today.
  • margers
    margers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goals for October:

Drink water
    Focus on Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition!
    No more white flour or processed sugar!
    Exercise 6 days a week (cardio)
    Keep a food journal
    Listen to positive thinking tapes
    Encourage others who are on the same journey
    Lose at least 1.5 lbs per week for a total of 7.5 by November 8
    Encourage my husband whenever possible
    Be grateful for being alive!

Cheers,

:drinker:
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good morning everyone.....i hope you do not mind if i join everyone....look forward to getting to know all of you...

:smile: margers your goals sound awesome..you can do it....good luck ..

fixing to get up and workout with Turbo Jam.....it is my rest day.....but i missed a day this past week l.....try to workout at least 6 days.a week....plan on staying on my calorie range , drinking at least 8 glasses of water......and do some positive self talk.......leave the neg behind......

Have a great sunday...

LInda
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I wish we had snow here in New Mexico. I'm hoping for lots and lots of it this year. Please send any snow you don't want our way if you can.

I did 40 minutes of Wii stepping and jogging already today and I think I'm too tired to type.

For October I just want to focus on staying on track with calories, excercise and eating well. If I do that I should loose the weight.

As far as water goes, I'm lucky if I drink 4 glasses a day. I hate to buy bottled water due to the waste and the cost, but the water at work is horrible. I'm buying it by the gallon and recycling the bottles at work.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    219594.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Okay, I am BACK!!! I got off track last week but I am committed to finishing strong for the remainder of the month.
    My goals will continue to be:
    Drink 8 glasses of water daily
    Record my food intake
    Cardio 4-5 times/week - Incorporate the rowing and new cardio routine
    Weights 2-3 times a week
    I am going to revise my weight loss goal to 2 pounds this month.
    STAY FOCUSED regardless of the challenges this month with relationships, school and work!
    *******UPDATE******
    Vickie, I read your post - that stay focused piece really stuck with me.
    That's the area that I tend to have challenges in.
    Today, I decided not to do anything but stay home. Limit my phone calls and do those things that will help me stay focused for the week coming up.
    So far, i have my beans in the crock pot and will make my brown rice and granola bars for the week.
    Continue to clean my house and drink water.
    I love this site and the support I am receiving. Believe you me, reading everyone's posts really does help!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good afternoon to all. taking a water break... did i see someone said snow.. it is coming isn't it.. will we are having a nice sunny day today i will pass some sun on:wink: with a smile.. its on the cool side. i am happy to say my day is starting out nice i rode the bike for 20 mins. so far. my eating is ok for the weekend.. lots of not having me time the pass few weeks. welcome all new people i see .. what a wonderful place we have here and we are growing more and more.. had is everyone gardens ending... i am going to miss the fresh vegs.. i have frozen a good amont for the winter.. ok i am doing my tag sale so i need to get back outside i am on a water getting break and wanted to come here for a few.. not being on for me has not been good.. this is a good place to keep myself going the way i need to thank you everyone for all the storys we get to read and all the motivation and support that is here. it so nice to know were we can come... ok have a nice day love debbie and family
  • vickim26
    Options
    Linda, Welcome to the blog. You will love it. Nice to have another southern girl aboard.
    Fab, I am so glad my post spoke to you. I get so much from this site it is nice to know i can give something back. I have to focus. If eating right and exercise is not my priority it all goes haywire. Have a good day ladies. I am having a much needed lazy day.
    Vickl M
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am back home and my dad's surgery was great. They removed his kidney and beleive they got all the cancer. So he is back home already. My mom is still in rehab but may come home next Sat or Sunday. I am hopeful that life will get more steady for me and I will not be running around like a crazy worried woman. My goals for October is to get back on track and hope to lose any weight I have been siting on the same weight that I gained after my moms surgery. I guess the good news is I haven't gained any lately. I will read all the posts as I have time just wanted to log in and say hello.

Lynn:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Lynn,

Glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well. I know it will be a big relief to have both your parents at home again. I will keep you (and them) in my thoughts. Don't forget to take care of YOU!!:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies. This is the place to be.

To those that know me, you may have noticed my posting is not as frequent. I do read everyday, but when I post prolifically, it is at the expense of things that I need to be doing, :grumble: so I am trying to get better at managing my time. So even if I am not posting, I am READING!!:smile:

This morning I took the doggies out and they really seemed to want to cover some real estate, so we kept going beyond our usual turnaround point. There was an item on the news this morning about an early morning residential fire that was not far from where I live, so we walked up to the location.

A very sad sight, charred belongings in the front yard, melted vinyl siding, and the whole side and part of front of the structure burned to a crisp--along with a late model car that had been parked within about 10 feet of that end of the building. It was a duplex, and fortunately for the other occupants, the fire was contained to only the other unit. Five lucky people got out without injury, along with all their pets.

The news report mentioned a possible cause as a baseboard heater that came on and ignited material stored to close to it.

This happens every year on the first night cold enough to trigger thermostats. Don't YOU be a news item. If you have any time of space heating equipment, like baseboards, or wall heaters, and you know they are controlled by automatic/thermostatic controls, take a moment NOW to make sure of their status, and to move anything that got moved near them during the warmer months when they were not being used. All it takes is one absent-minded mistake and you could end up without your home, your possessions, and possibly your family members!!

I don't mean to be a "downer" but I would hate to read that any of our group experienced the devastation of a home fire.

It is a beautiful sunny day here, but a little windy, and getting cooler than it has been--only expecting a high in the low 60's today, and last night --brrrr--it was 35 when I woke up at 7a!!

I am on a veggie and fruit regimen for the next two days, as I have experienced in the last two days the "Attack of the Killer Pizza" at work, followed by the "Assault of the New Bagel - Wielding Supervisor.":laugh: :laugh: Last night ended with the "Incredible Oktoberfest Parish Dinner, complete with Apple Strudel":noway: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:

As a result of all those pesky carbs, I am experiencing cravings that likes of which I haven't had since I started my program in April, so I am taking a lesson from Suzzeque :flowerforyou: and doing a little "detoxing."

I have 4 weeks until a family event and I would like to be down 50 lbs by then or as close as I can get.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Barb
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good Evening everyone. I still haven't gotten a new scale:ohwell: so I used my daughters and Wooo Hoooo I am finally under 180, just a little, but I'll take it.:laugh:
    I tried a new recipe tonight and Yummy
    I used Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw Mix
    6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut in chunks
    small can Water Chestnuts
    4 tbs Teriyaki sauce
    2 tbs Hot Chili Sesame oil
    Marinade chicken breast for a few hours in 1 tbs Teriyaki sauce and 1/2 tbs sesame oil
    When ready to cook
    stir fry chicken in rest of sesame oil
    add Broccoli, chestnuts and rest of Teriyaki sauce. Cook until desired doneness and Yummy
    only 195 calories for 1 1/2 cups
    :flowerforyou: Lynn,-Welcome home glad every thing is going well.
    :flowerforyou: Barb- Good to hear from you, we missed you.
    :flowerforyou: Fabulocity- welcome back hope to hear from you more often.
    :flowerforyou: Linda-Welcome you will love it here. The Ladies here are warm and caring. You will get a lot of support and encouragement.
    :flowerforyou: Doobie-you can do it. We have all had set backs. Food is just so darned addictive. With the snow I guess it’s time for you to break out the Long Johns.:laugh:
    :flowerforyou: Sheilajane- I use to have that same mind set that a taste here and a sliver there doesn’t count……unless all those taste add up to a pound here and a pound there. I also thought what you eat standing up don’t count.:laugh:
    :flowerforyou: Jeannie- you can do it, don’t give up.
    :flowerforyou: Barbie- I wish I could find someone willing to walk with me. An hour long walk sound marvelous, especially this time of the year. I love Autumn, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, the colors and the smell of fire places.
    To all of MFP friends have a great Sunday. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :
    And as always remember to drink that water, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: