Visualize This

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tiff, a 25 year old from Aurora, Colorado. (suburb of Denver) I work full time as an accountant and I'm also in grad school full-time to get my MBA/MS in Accounting. I will be applying to get my CPA license within the next year. I live alone with my cat (who also needs to lose some weight!!).

I've been on MFP about 2 weeks now. The weight loss on my ticker is all from the first week (I think most of it was probably water weight), but I'm not expecting to see much change when I weigh in tomorrow - It's been a bad week. :(

Right now I weigh about 221 - The heaviest I've ever been was 230, which was pretty recently. I don't like being overweight and I don't like feeling unhealthy. I was pretty skinny up until I hit puberty - then my body changed and being the introvert I am, I wasn't active enough (or conscious enough of my bad eating habits) to successfully transition into being a healthy adult. I want to really like who I am - and to get there I need to become more aware of myself and self-disciplined - not just in my exercise/eating habits but in all the other areas of my life as well. It's been a rough year for various reasons, but I feel like I'm at a turning point in my life where I have to make some changes, for my own mental/physical/emotional/spiritual well-being.

I'm excited to join this group! :smile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiff! This is a very active group and I love it! And Kim, I'm usually on pretty early but do wej ust start a new thread by making a new topic with the same name? Went to the pumpkin patch today and took some awesome family pictures! YAY FOR AUTUMN! Happy Sunday everyone!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    mojogurl, do you know approximately how much those hmr's are? I stand at work all day and often walk the entire length of the building mutiples of times, also lifting 40# plus bags of items. I know I'm burning a good amount of calories but don't count it, I've been hearing about the body putting itself in starvation mode and I DO NOT want that happening.

I thought that lifestyle habits (such as work) were worked in our calorie allowance when you do your profile. That's why I don't count work as exercise, it's part of my basal rate

Yes but I just started working recently, I was a stay at home mom. And as I normally am up and down and all around chasing my daughter a lot of times at work I'm just standing, however there are other times where I'm quite mobile at work so for that reason I haven't really changed anything in my profile since it's so up and down, plus I work only 6 hour days and only about 3-4 times a week.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Weekends with my friends are SO strange. They eat a lot of stuff I won't let myself eat but we walk a lotttttttt. Such as going to the fair today. We walled around for 5 hours and eating wise I was realllly good. Only a piece of pizza and an apple (the non-candy kind). It's moments like that that keep me wanting to go. I can't weigh in tomorrow though because I am still with my friends but will weigh in for you guys Tuesday morning. Woot.

Oh and welcome to everyone who has joined the forum!!! :)))))))
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiff! This is a very active group and I love it! And Kim, I'm usually on pretty early but do wej ust start a new thread by making a new topic with the same name? Went to the pumpkin patch today and took some awesome family pictures! YAY FOR AUTUMN! Happy Sunday everyone!

I think so...I am not computer swavy at all...Just give it a new name Visualize This Week 1 and that should work....thanks, Kim
  • charcharbec
    Options
    Sorry, I am a bit slow. What are we doing a new thread for?

Just curious.

XD

-Becca
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Ha... I was wondering the same thing.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't we keep it on the same thread? It will be hard to juggle multiple threads down the road, won't it? Or am I missing something? :ohwell:
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Hello Team!!! :drinker:

So everything's great. Welcome aboard Tiff! So Ive been working 3rd shifts here lately and I just do not like it. I get off at 8 in the morning and then just feel drained. i managed to get in a good long walk this morning when I got home and did a set of 25 ab crunches on my ab lounge. Phew, I felt the burn lol. Then went to bible study. To all the ladies ive heard talking about drinking, to be honest I havent drank in so long, I kinda dont remember what it feels like haha. So tomorrow I think I may treat myself to a little something, its my day off :p
    I think we should keep this same thread too because if we get too many going, it would be confusing. So come tomorrow how about we all just send in our weight to Kim, and Kim you said you'd make a chart right? With a chart we could keep up with everyone's progress:)
    Question: What do you all do about late night cravings before you go to bed? Thats the worst time for me, I always get hungry before I go to sleep and am never hungry when I wake up :/

Everyone have a great night:)
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Jeannie - thanks for the welcome!

Ah... late night cravings - those are the worst! I'm up studying late most nights, so I have to deal with these too. I've found a few things that help:

-Leave some calories in your "budget" for a small (healthy) snack in the evening
    -Eat a good dinner with complex carbohydrates - whole grains, etc., as well as some protein. Those dinners tend to leave me feeling more full and less likely to feel the need to snack.
    -Drink water when you get the urge to snack.
    -Have some warm tea
    -if you don't have any calories left after dinner for any evening snack, then brush your teeth & use mouthwash - when I do this it's like a signal to my brain that I'm done eating for the day.

These are just a few suggestions - they may or may not help you, but I thought I'd share. :smile:
  • ianconway
    Options

Question: What do you all do about late night cravings before you go to bed? Thats the worst time for me, I always get hungry before I go to sleep and am never hungry when I wake up :/

Hmm.. The infamous late-night-before-bed-cravings :mad: :mad: :mad: , LOL!

I tried to steer clear of the fridge before sleep, but if I MUST get something, I'll usually go for a Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Jell-O Cup... Only 60 calories and it's good and cold to cool your body down a little to make you want to get underneath the blankets!

Try it!

-Ian
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Oh I been a bad bad girl....
    I had a STUPID meeting at STUPID 8 pm, yes 8 pm. And it turned out to be more of a party than anything... has anyone seen the movie Employee of the Month? Well there's actually places that have those stupid Cashir Olympics. I work at The Home Depot right now, part time, only because no restaurant will hire me part time mornings, gee wonder why, lol. So I made a nice homamade minestrone all fresh ingredients from the Farmer's Market, only had 1 cup, good girl. So I get there and what do they have waiting...
    Soda, Pizza Hut (5 different pies) and a HUGE marble cake.
    Oh wo-is-me. So I did good the first 5 minutes and I see EVERYONE with pizza.... how can I resist.. it's been well over a year. So I cave and get a piece, blot the grease off the top with a napkin and ever so slowly start picking at it... well as soon as I get that ooey gooey cheese BAM! I pick that thing up and away I go. Well of course with pizza you must have something to drink.. so I opted for the caffeine free Sierra Mist... not a fan of diet. So I only had 1 1/2 pieces of pizza and about 8 oz of soda... and a small piece of cake and took all the icky frosting off...

As soon as I walked in the door I changed into my workout clothes and burned half that crap away on my eliptical! 400 calories in a 30 min work out. WHO! So needless to say bad decisions, hopefully fixed but still quite worried about tomorrow.

Thanks for listening!
  • charcharbec
    Options

Best thing I've found? Some AIR POPPED POPCORN, or even *gasp* oil popped. 3 tbsp is only lik 55 calories or something, and its SO good, and well it fills my hunger for a snack at night. And it's good for you. Also, I HATE butter on my popcorn so that helps. It's the only kind I will eat (the stuff I make myself). Also my kitten seems to like it. So we have popcorn together sometimes. Hopefully she doesn't die from it. So far, so good.

Also, don't worry so much about the party. Pizza IS okay to eat, IN MODERATION. I assume. I mean, that's what everyone keeps talking about. Eat what you like in moderation. And, if you know you have things like that, leave room for it. Don't drink the soda, grab a glass of water from the tap if you can.

But mostly--- I don't think you were as bad as you might feel. Really. I had a bad night friday... but I was reading somewhere in like a blog or something that sometimes we quit things that are hard because we tell ourselves they are wrong. But in the end, it's the hard things that are what form and mold us. :) Maybe I read that here...that sounds like an MFP thing to say.
    hahah.
  • maddmaddmama
    maddmaddmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just can't find the energy to workout after work how do you guys do it?
  • ianconway
    Options
    Check In Day!

I had a great week. I minded my P's and Q's and only had 1 bad day which was Thursday. I ran a few times this week and also did my Wii Fit Plus workouts which includes Strength and Cardio almost every day.

My last weigh-in was Wednesday of last week and I had checked in at 244.

Drumroll please........

This morning, Mr. Nice Scale says 242! Woo Hoo!!

I hope you all have the same or better results as I do! Way To GO VISUALIZE THIS!!!

-Ian
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    GM Team!!

A good way to get motivated for me to work out is putting on my MP3 player. Go for a scenic walk, breath in the fresh air. Unfortunately Im a smoker, so I cant run for long, I hate it! But I figure I can only stay focused on one thing at a time, so after I lose this weight then I'll concentrate on quitting.

I'm about to get off work, so I'll check in with you all later to see my results, can't wait ;0)

Oh and thank you all for your advice. I'm going to try the mouthwash thing:)
  • mamaturner
    Options
    GM Team!!

A good way to get motivated for me to work out is putting on my MP3 player. Go for a scenic walk, breath in the fresh air. Unfortunately Im a smoker, so I cant run for long, I hate it! But I figure I can only stay focused on one thing at a time, so after I lose this weight then I'll concentrate on quitting.

I'm about to get off work, so I'll check in with you all later to see my results, can't wait ;0)

Oh and thank you all for your advice. I'm going to try the mouthwash thing:)

Yes typically its extremely hard to quit smoking while trying to diet, most replacethat "oral workout" with food. It's the same darn motion hand to mouth if you will. I got lucky, we were in Houston in the middle of June and it din't go under 100 degrees the whole time we were there. I also met my husbands grandmother who had an oxygen mask 24/7, and could only breathe 1% of her lung capacity. She smoked her whole life, she wet to GOD just a month ago, she was 80.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    So I figured I'd just post my progress b/c I'm not sure when everyone will get one so the chart if we do it probably won'tbe up til tonight. Despite my meager efferts to redeem myself last night, I gained 2 pounds....... but! I lost 1 1/4 inch off my hips! YAY! I know the pounds came from all the sodium I injested yesterday so my mission today is to stay well below my sodium intake and drink 4 more cups of water!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Week One, Day One

This is Kim, I weighed in at 179.0....a 3-lb loss for last week...that's 12 sticks of butter gone off my body

I also brush my teeth when I am done eating for the night...other thing, hit "finished for the day" on MFP and see if what you weight goes up or down in 5 weeks.

Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I just can't find the energy to workout after work how do you guys do it?

I just do it...I tell myself I know I don't what to do it; but, I am going to do it anyway...Then, afterwards, I usually feel better

It's so gratifying to add the exercise to MFP and watch your calorie rations go up.

Kim