Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options

Replies

• jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I love watching Gun Show -- er, I mean, Zak -- on Ghost Hunters. Er. I mean. I love Ghost Hunters.

:love:

Looooooooooooove Nick on that show.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I love watching Gun Show -- er, I mean, Zak -- on Ghost Hunters. Er. I mean. I love Ghost Hunters.

:love:

Looooooooooooove Nick on that show.

Ghost Adventures.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When I was about a year old my family had an oil rig parts manufacturing company in New Jersey next door to this big 3 story red- brick old paint warehouse. One night it mysteriously burned down (had been empty for quite some years with no power, falling apart, etc). The next day it was all dripping and smoking and steaming in the leftover water from the firefight, all taped off.

My family's warehouse was about 100 ft away or so and faced west (completely away from it - so it was almost 150-200 yards to walk around our warehouse to get to the building). That next day, my 18 year old uncle and 7 year old cousin were watching me while my parents were out running errands for the shop. I was playing with conch shells and eating cheerios. In the time it took for them to grab me some more cheerios from the pantry, I disappeared without a trace.

The police found me two hours later on the second story inside the warehouse. There were no stairs leading up to that floor any longer because they'd collapsed. I was sitting in a pile of red bricks and staring straight ahead, not crying and not a spot of soot on me.

To this day I have smoldering steaming red bricks in all my recurring dreams and no one has ever figured out what happened.

No one ever told me until I was 20 cause they wouldnt have been able to answer any of my questions.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have one!! :) LOL

I have a son who has Autism, hes considered low functioning and at age 9 finally talks but its like talking to a 3 yr old. With that being said we had just moved into my husband house and my son and I were in the kitchen! I was busy doing dishes and such while he was standing in the kitchen with his back to me just talking away and laughing, the only word I could make out was "gamma" so I went over to him and said "what are you doing?". He blabbed a little and said "gamma". I said "buddy, grandma is not here. Grandma is at her house". He looked at me with a confused look and then laughed and said "yes gamma"...so it was like back and forth...yes and no's. Finally he takes me by the hand and leads me to the fridge, which my husband has covered in photos of his family and kids. My son points to a lady in one of the pictures who looks to be in her 70's with short curly gray hair and says "gamma, yes."

So on my husbands way home from work he calls and I ask him who the little old lady in the picture is and he says "my grandma"...so I ask him if he's ever taken my son to see her and he responds with "she's been dead for 10 years." At this point I'm a little weirded out.

A few days later we witness my son running around the house, opening doors calling "gamma, where are you?"

There also have been times when we are out in public and my son has ran up to old ladys who look similar to my husbands grandma, saying "hi" only to get that disappointed look when he realizes it is not who he expected!

Soooo we wonder if my husbands grandma is hanging around! :)
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Bump for later..I have some really good ones about my ex-hubby (who passed 1/13/06 at age of 29). He looked out for me and the kids for a few years (until I remarried a REALLY AWESOME guy who treats me and the kids like royalty and my ex actually knew and really liked him, so I feel he's "moved on" now that he knows we're ok)/ At work, trying to close..have been hooked on this thread today. Will add my 2 cents when I get home!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences. :)

I have always believed in spirits. I don't believe my house is haunted, but I do believe spirits of family members come through and "visit" a lot. My mom, grandma, and me are all very sensitive to spirits. Though, I've always sensed my dad was a bit of a sceptic.

Anyway, my first experience was when I was 15. I was with my dad at our church. It was about 7 am and we had just had early morning bible study. My dad and I were going around turning off lights getting ready to leave and we were the only ones still in the building. I said to my dad, "I feel kind of creeped out." My dad said, "Yeah some mornings when I get here and the church is empty. I feel a presence like something is watching over the building." My dad then went in the church's library to put some things away and I was in a dark hallway by myself. The only light still on was at the end of the hall. I felt like their were several people staring at me and I wasn't alone. Then, all of the sudden I saw the outline of a person run past the end of the hall (where the light was on). I got so scared I ran from the building.

My second experience was when I was 16. It was July and my family was going on a roadtrip to visit my brother in college. I decided to pull an all-nighter because it was going to be a 12 hour drive and I could just sleep in the car. So, it was about 3:30 am and I was downstairs still packing my suitcase, when I heard a whistling sound coming from my kitchen. I thought it was just the wind or an electrical appliance but as I listened more closely I could hear it was a melody. I then heard footsteps on the wood floor in my kitchen I thought maybe it was my dog, so I poked my head in the living room and he was asleep on the couch. I thought for sure someone broke into my house, so I just stood there listening to these footsteps. We have a squeaky floor board right in front of our stove and I actually heard whoever was in my kitchen step on the squeaky floorboard. I ran upstairs as fast as I could and sat in my room with the lights on until morning. I told my parents what happened and my mom mentioned her grandfather loved to whistle, so I think it might have been him watching over are house. Still freaked me out though.

A couple months later, I was in my bedroom getting my pajamas on before bed when I saw an orb out of the corner of my eye. So I looked directly at it and it came directly in front of me. Suddenly this one tiny orb became a dozen. They were all circular and opaque white in the middle and clear on the edges. They were almost sparkling like diamonds. I just stood there with my mouth open. Then I thought, "Laura, maybe you are just having floaters in your eyes." So I opened and closed my eyes and moved them from side to side but the orbs stayed in the same place. They just slowly faded away. I wasn't scared, but I felt very peaceful. I went downstairs and told my dad what happened. He went to my room and looked around and told me I had been watching "too many ghost shows". I've never experienced anything like it. I could feel it was an intelligient spirit who was there just to comfort me or let me know it was there for some reason.

Also when my dog died a year and a half ago, we were on vacation. My mom woke up in the middle of the night and was really sick, then the next morning we got a call that he had passed away the night before. A couple weeks later, my brother was using the bathroom and looked down while he was closing the door. He saw something run into the room with him. He immediately felt it was our dog. We were all very sad and missed having a dog around the house. So, a couple months later we got two new dogs. I loved them, but I felt a little guilty and didn't want our dog who had passed thinking we were "replacing him". I then had a dream I was in our family room holding our new dogs and he walked into the room. He had all his fur again that he lost when he was sick and looked so healthy and glowing. He just sat at my feet and looked up at me and smiled. I felt like he was approving of us getting new dogs and saying it was okay and that he was in a better place.

I feel the presence of spirits a lot. It used to really scare me, but I usually tell them in my head, "I really don't want you to show yourself to me." and they never do with just a few exceptions...
  • djcharters
    djcharters Posts: 12
    Options
    I dont have many childhood memories but i can remember being at home with my gran as i lived with her. I was playing in my toy room which adjoined to the kitchen. I can remember my gran calling me from the kitchen so i looked toward the kitchen door and saw a man glaring at me from the doorway. I can remember freaking out and my gran came in. When i looked again he was gone.I can remember it really scaring me.

That was my first experiance. Ther first flat i got with my ex partner was horrific. It was fine at first but after a few months the atmosphere changed and being alone in the flat was horrible. Being in on my own hardly bothers me usually but I dreaded it in that flat. You were ALWAYS being watched, you would catch black shadows moving out of the corner of your eye and hear scratching on the bedroom floorboards at the same time each night. I had been ambivilant about ghosts etc before that but living there really opened my eyes. NONE of my mates would stop over and my ex insisted on sleeping with the light on. Still i lasted a year there.

I think there may be something here inmy current flat. Things go missing and turn up in random places and stuff usually happens to my partner if we argue. Guess someone is looking out for me :laugh:
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump... i need more stories to read !!! :)
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love these! More! More! (waiting on the passed husband stories!!!) Sorry for your losses.......
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Oy, could I tell you some stories. My sister & I both have "the gift" of sensing spirits and have each had our own experiences. I frankly don't care what kinda meanness comes from people, because no matter what, I know they happened and I know they were real. That's all that matters.

My first experience was when I was 11. My grandmother died in March 1991 and we moved into her house in December of the same year. I got into a huge fight with my parents, screamed that I hated them, and ran to my room (which was completely dark, no lights on). I slammed the door shut, threw myself onto the bed facing the wall and proceeded to bawl my eyes out. A few minutes later, my bedroom door opened - I saw the light shine on the wall. It then closed. I felt something sit at the foot of my bed and I said, "I don't wanna talk about it - go away." Something slapped my foot, so I turned over to yell some more and there was no one there. I then heard my grandmother's voice loud and clear. (She was NOT a pleasant woman in life, so you can imagine this terrified the dog stuff out of me.) She said, "Jessica, you WILL behave yourself in MY house. Now go apologize." I ran yelling from my room, straight to my mother - which is when she told me we all had the gift.

My aunt died when I was 26. I was living with her at the time, and the night before her funeral, I was sitting in her chair trimming up one of my favorite photos of her to put in a frame to display in front of the casket. I suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to cry, set the scissors down, and started tracing my finger along the frame of her face. I apologized to her for smacking her face in the hospital room after she died and telling her, "Next time you'll listen to me when I tell you you're sick and get your *kitten* to the doctor." The room temperature dipped, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I whimpered, "I love you, Aunt Karen." I felt her lips press against my left temple - the exact spot she always kissed me in since I was a wee thing - and I heard her say, "It's okay. I should have listened. I love you, too." Just like that, she was gone.

Uhmm.. let's see. I have always seen what I call "The Black Shadow" when a death is approaching. I've never seen it dead on -it's more like one of those things that you see out of the corner of your eye, but when you turn nothing is there. Over the years, I've learned that when I see it, it means someone I know is going to pass soon - usually within the month. It happened to a sweet elderly lady that lived across the hall from me went into surgery, with an expectation to make a full recovery, and never came home. It happened when my dad died, and my uncle, too - although I expected my uncle because he had throat and lung cancer. It even happened CONSTANTLY the 2 weeks before my niece's other grandma died - and two days after that, my mother's cousin (who was like a brother to her) died as well. (THAT was a bad week for the family!)

I haven't had any real experiences since my aunt died, but I always feel their presence around me. Just the other day, my younger sister & I had the opportunity to get together with our older half-siblings for the first time in our lives. We were all outside sittin under the oak tree,andt there were 2 empty rocking chairs across from us. I looked over and saw my dad in one, his first wife (my siblings' mom) in the other and our uncle standing behind them. I looked over at my baby sister, who at that moment turned and said, "Holy ****. You see that?" I just nodded - everyone else, had we opened our mouths, would have committed us to the funny farm. But it was good we had that moment together.

I've also been seeing the Black Shadow for the last 2 weeks. Recently learned my mother's heart is not getting enough blood flow to it and is only "half-working". She's scheduled for a heart cath on June 6th, but I'm prayin the Shadow has come for someone else and not her. I'll lose my mind when my momma dies.
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

LMFAO!!! So did I!! :laugh:
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law writes these "ghost story" books and asked me to take pictures of the tower at the old Montana Prison while I visited my family in Montana. Though I don't usually give much credit to ghost stories, my husband and I visited the prison and thought we should tour it as well. I took a picture of the tower right away and then we got busy with the tour.

About half-way through the tour, we went down some stairs into "the hole". There were several cells down there and I though I would get a closer look by stepping into one of them. Something physically pushed me back. I don't know what it was, but I couldn't see it and believe me, I was out of that hole and into sunlight within 30 seconds.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

But you left out the part where Patrick Swayze makes out with Whoopie Goldberg.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have this really cool rock that keeps away tigers. I've had it for 20 years, and not ONCE have I been attacked by a tiger. Anyone want to buy it? It's only $5,000.

Chicago dad, I would like to buy your rock
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ive never had any experiences but my mom has and my brother claims he has.

First one, when my mom and auntie were young like 8&9 they lived in an apartment above their mom's sewing shop. The window of the apartment looked down into the shop. Well the shop had a mannequin in it facing away from the apartment window. My aunt swears she was looking down one day and the mannequin was normal and a second later the head part was turned around looking directlyy at her. No one was in the shop to move it. And my auntie is a rational no bull**** kind of lady.

My brother was in our cousins room and saw a white transparent cloud in the shape of a man standing in front of the closet. It just slowly dissolved as he looked at it.

My mom has woken up several times unable to move or speak and feels a "presence" watching her. Never actually saw anything though.
    Once when my stepdad was working night shifts they both experienced something. We lived in a little apartment with the parking spaces right in front so we could hear his truck pull in at night. Well my mom was sleeping and was woken up by the sound of his truck pulling in. A few minutes later she hears him come in the room, feels him lay behind her and put his arm around her. She drifts back to sleep. Turns out it wasnt my stepdad. When he actually does get home he goes to lay beside her and physicslly feels something push him clear across the bed away from her! Didnt see anything, just felt it. But on their king size bed it would be impossible unless he was actually pushed by something. My stepdad is well over 200lbs.
    So we believe there is something following my mom (happens in all the different places weve lived) and tries or can do thingscto her at night when shes sleeping.
    My other aunt says when she was around 23-24 she woke unable to move and felt this "evil" thing was sitting on her chest trying to suffocate her. She felt like it was taunting her. My auntie is kind of weird cause she got angry instead of scared. She says the angrier she felt the more she could move. Finally she was able to raise her arm and she made a downward slashing motion like ripping it off her and she swears that she heard what can only be described as a witch's cackle laughter. She doesnt know if it was all a wild dream or not but thats friggin weird.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

First one, when my mom and auntie were young like 8&9 they lived in an apartment above their mom's sewing shop. The window of the apartment looked down into the shop. Well the shop had a mannequin in it facing away from the apartment window. My aunt swears she was looking down one day and the mannequin was normal and a second later the head part was turned around looking directlyy at her. No one was in the shop to move it. And my auntie is a rational no bull**** kind of lady.

My brother was in our cousins room and saw a white transparent cloud in the shape of a man standing in front of the closet. It just slowly dissolved as he looked at it.

My mom has woken up several times unable to move or speak and feels a "presence" watching her. Never actually saw anything though.
    Once when my stepdad was working night shifts they both experienced something. We lived in a little apartment with the parking spaces right in front so we could hear his truck pull in at night. Well my mom was sleeping and was woken up by the sound of his truck pulling in. A few minutes later she hears him come in the room, feels him lay behind her and put his arm around her. She drifts back to sleep. Turns out it wasnt my stepdad. When he actually does get home he goes to lay beside her and physicslly feels something push him clear across the bed away from her! Didnt see anything, just felt it. But on their king size bed it would be impossible unless he was actually pushed by something. My stepdad is well over 200lbs.
    So we believe there is something following my mom (happens in all the different places weve lived) and tries or can do thingscto her at night when shes sleeping.
    My other aunt says when she was around 23-24 she woke unable to move and felt this "evil" thing was sitting on her chest trying to suffocate her. She felt like it was taunting her. My auntie is kind of weird cause she got angry instead of scared. She says the angrier she felt the more she could move. Finally she was able to raise her arm and she made a downward slashing motion like ripping it off her and she swears that she heard what can only be described as a witch's cackle laughter. She doesnt know if it was all a wild dream or not but thats friggin weird.

That waking up and being paralysed thing is awful - I've had it a few times. It's called sleep paralysis and is because your body releases something to paralyse your muscles in your sleep (so you don't flail about) and it's when it's still in your system and you wake up. both of my times have been accompanied by some pretty awful dreams, and the last time I could hear someone whispering to me from by the bed...was horrendous!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options

That waking up and being paralysed thing is awful - I've had it a few times. It's called sleep paralysis and is because your body releases something to paralyse your muscles in your sleep (so you don't flail about) and it's when it's still in your system and you wake up. both of my times have been accompanied by some pretty awful dreams, and the last time I could hear someone whispering to me from by the bed...was horrendous!

Wow, you heard whispering? Thats fkn creepy! I thought you were going to put my fears to rest but you made me more scared! Atleast my mom never heard/saw anything when it happened to her.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Wow, you heard whispering? Thats fkn creepy! I thought you were going to put my fears to rest but you made me more scared! Atleast my mom never heard/saw anything when it happened to her.

Haha it was all part of a dream, it's when you're half awake half asleep. So I was in bed and could move my eyes to look around, but I saw my gf at the time kneel up silently, stare at me, then lie back down and go to sleep. Pretty sure that didn't happen so I must have been dreaming it. Feels so real though.