This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I will use MFP until it either starts charging or I die. Just sayin..
  • txangie
    txangie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Considering how well it keeps me accountable, I don't think I will ever stop using it.
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    As they say in other programs...I am here for life. I was so upset the other day when we couldn't log or do anything on MFP. I was in a panic .

So what I did was request each friend on my list to give me their email or facebook name so we never lose contact again. Of course if they didn't want to share with me that was okay...

If people don't respond to me after a few days and haven't said they will be gone on vacation. I have started to delete them also.

I am addicted to this site and I love it..
  • 12strikes
    12strikes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WHEW! I am so glad there are others as addicted...I mean dedicated as me....LOL...I truly had not though of MFP not being a part of my life until I read her post where she checked in to Lexus know she was putting herself through this test. I was in shock....lol, but seriously. I have yo yo dieted for many years and MFP has been the FIRST plan that has motivated and happily pushed me to succeed.

I am not even going to test myself. I know I would have withdrawals. Look what happens when the site or app is down....LOL..

I'm not going nowhere. I'd miss your Beautiful face!
  • Gerikaye
    Gerikaye Posts: 3
    Options
    Although I LOVE MFP to death and it and the support of friends have helped me tremendously......I hope to one day be at a point that I can make good choices and not have to log every single calorie I eat just to keep under my calorie goal. After almost 4 months I can already see changes in my eating habits and what I log. Some days I just quick add calories because I already know how many calories are in what I ate. The main reason I started logging everything, was because I wanted to be able to go back and see what I had eaten over the week, in case I had a bad week then I could look back and see what I may have done wrong. But I finally want this to be a lifestyle change, I already know that I am one of those people that no matter how little I eat I still have to exercise. That is my "curse" for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I love to workout I always feel so much better afterward, but there are days I just wish I was one of those people who had a high metabolism and when they needed to drop a few pounds they could just watch what they eat for a few days. Anyway, my main point.......no I don't plan on logging in forever. Good luck to all of y'all on your journeys.......only YOU know what is best for you. And we all have it within us to know our true paths not the ones we wish we could take!!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the duration! :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    lol. who knows. i don't think about it.
  • myphenix
    myphenix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i honestly think I will use this site indefinitely! Its just so ingrained in my life, the site is awesome and all the support is phenomenal! Once I reach my goals, I hope I can help others who join:)
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I deleted them every now and then, especally if they were not much support before hand. I will send a message are you okay, just in case their dead.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    MFP is an on/off tool for me. I love it, yet I don't NEED it, but then I do. *sigh* it honestly depends on what mental state I'm in. sometimes I like the structure, other times I don't want to be bothered. *I don't ever delete anyone*
  • Mojorisen1
    Mojorisen1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I plan on using it on an ongoing basis, not just until I reach my goal. Otherwise, I'll end up right back where I was before I started. Whoever is that MFP friend obviously has not reached the point where they are willing to make a permanent change. They probably are seeing the goal as losing the weight, when in fact the real goal is to lose it and KEEP it off.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    never gave it much thought but have come to enjoy the folks on my friends list and like to see the chnages in them and the people who post updates.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I give them quite a bit of time before I delete. When I notice they haven't checked in for awhile I go and leave a message on their wall letting them know they're missed. I will do it again after several weeks or even a month or two but I don't usually delete until at least six months, maybe longer if it's someone I'm really hoping will be back. I've had friend have some major things happen in their lives that have kept them from logging. I've had a couple have computers or internet go down, one lost a child suddenly (like anyone would want to log when dealing with that trauma!) Friend's who've suddenly been faced with a divorce, a house fire, an abusive relationship that they had to flee from...I even have one friend who lives in a very violent country and had been arrested for demonstrating. She had a few court dates and was extremely worried that she was going to end up in jail. I haven't heard from her for several months despite many of us writing to her and I fear she's locked up. I fully intend to be here for her when she returns and seeing the reminder that she hasn't logged reminds me to say a prayer for her.

People in my friends list who haven't logged in awhile probably need me more than those who are on here every single day. So they stay.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    <<
    Nuff said. :ohwell:
  • jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Now and forever this is an easy app to have on the phone and I know that when I reach my goal I will help inspire and encourage those who haven't hit their goal. Pay it forward to the next person I always say.

I have great friends who support me I should do the same.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sadly logging is forever. She's told you she's here temporarily and just for herself. If you're OK with that fine. I'd delete.
  • briebebe
    briebebe Posts: 21
    Options
    Statistics say that people who track what they eat tend to eat less and eat healthier. With that being said I track food without getting too crazy about it and at times I will stop tracking for a short period of time to just take a breather. I always come back! I think when you friend someone on MFP you want to be sure they have similar goals and outlook that you have, don't friend everyone it's not a contest. Leave that to fb. One last thing, I think everyone starts off with good intentions to be supportive and then not realize they may be letting another person down if they check out for awhile. It's not intentional.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My final goal is to be able to maintain my goal weight without logging. I don't know if i will be able to, i may well be here forever.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You can check out any time at night, but you can never leave.

^That is too cute. LOL (I also agree).
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    People have a life outside of the internet?! WHAT?

In all seriousness, I don't plan on staying here forever. I mainly just use MFP to log food, but as I grow and actually get a life, I'll have to be able to maintain my weight on my own without having to log into a website everyday. People have lost weight and kept it off without using the internet.