Guys can never be right can they??

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Trial- well, this wasn't titled "heteronormative couple" anything. Was it?

No, but it did have "guys" in the title, which would imply she was talking about guys, and not female-female relationships. Hetero relationships are still in the majority. And what was meant to be a goodwill post to others in such relationships about appreciating their man, has now turned to *kitten*.

Not everyone is going to be completely PC, but that doesn't mean we drive their good intentions into the ground.

It's ok man...they will continue to bash it until it's locked. Unless we all include recognition of their beliefs in everything we say...they will continue to try to pull it down around our ears.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Hey guys can be hormonal too :)
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

No, but it did have "guys" in the title, which would imply she was talking about guys, and not female-female relationships. Hetero relationships are still in the majority. And what was meant to be a goodwill post to others in such relationships about appreciating their man, has now turned to *kitten*.

Not everyone is going to be completely PC, but that doesn't mean we drive their good intentions into the ground.

Pleas look up "heteronormative." I am in a relationship with a man.

I didn't mean to imply you were, and I'm sorry if it came out that way. I read it as you had an issue with it leaving out same sex couples.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

It's ok man...they will continue to bash it until it's locked. Unless we all include recognition of their beliefs in everything we say...they will continue to try to pull it down around our ears.

Beware the thread-locking brigade.
    Seriously though, where did anyone bash anything?
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    advice i gave to a guy dating a friend of mine (hes in his early 20s)....

men can be correct about something, but we will NEVER be right.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I didn't mean to imply you were, and I'm sorry if it came out that way. I read it as you had an issue with it leaving out same sex couples.

She's implying that the post caters to traditional gender roles, despite the fact that MOST people somehow fall into traditional gender roles and have traditional gender experiences. I suppose there should have been a disclaimer for people who do not represent or identify with these gender alignments to ignore the post and continue as they were. :huh:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    OP- Thanks for writing such a sweet post. Sorry it got derailed with the bickering. I'm out! :flowerforyou:
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    wait i was posting about men who go outside the norms of relationships... did you even read what i posted before the bashing began??

i also would like to add to my topic post that men should be thanked for the way they smell.. the feel of their arms when you need to be held and how they can hold your hair while you puke and then tell you you are the most beautiful woman in the world and mean it with every breath they breath.
    men who hold you while you cry and stand at your side no matter what battle you face are stronger then superman.
    i will kill a spider but there is something to be said for the man who will kill the really big one because it scared the daylights out of you and you really need to pee.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm glad you are feeling gratitude for the loved ones in your life. That's what we all should do, traditional gender roles aside.
    [/quote]

Agreed!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I'm always wrong, but I married a physicist and it pretty hard to argue with some who has a PhD in condensed matter physics.

Are you called Penny or Amy Farrah Fowler by any chance?
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    OP- Thanks for writing such a sweet post. Sorry it got derailed with the bickering. I'm out! :flowerforyou:

I was going to leave too...
    wait i was posting about men who go outside the norms of relationships... did you even read what i posted before the bashing began??

i also would like to add to my topic post that men should be thanked for the way they smell.. the feel of their arms when you need to be held and how they can hold your hair while you puke and then tell you you are the most beautiful woman in the world and mean it with every breath they breath.
    men who hold you while you cry and stand at your side no matter what battle you face are stronger then superman.
    i will kill a spider but there is something to be said for the man who will kill the really big one because it scared the daylights out of you and you really need to pee.

But this girl and how she feels are worthy of recognition. I love the posts she's made, FOR the traditional gender roles they embrace.

Thank you again!

And yes, they'll bash this too...it's ok, they can only argue with people who respond.
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    this is not a guy bashing thread but more of a light bulb moment for me tonight.
    guys can never be right can they?? if a woman is a round she usually thinks she is right and will not give up on it till she is.
    and they still answer us when we ask how yet another outfit looks. at least pretend to care if our shoes match our bags and do their best to notice the little things we do to ourselves to feel like we look better, even though our new eyeshadow has no effect on how much they love us.
    men should be given extra credit for putting up with our hormons and mood swings. our crazy based souly in our own mind fears and body issues.
    they should be given a gold star for buying pads and tampons and silver for at least walking down the isle with us and not pretending they accidently went the wrong way.
    they should be rewarded for letting us wear their shirts, pants and boxers when we wouldnt let them wear ours.
    and if he tells you you look pretty/sexy/nice/hot/whatever compliment it is take it cause if you rebuff them all he will stop saying them.
    im not against women. and it might just be me who has taken my man for granted but i wanted to remind my fellow women that they should take a second and let him be right tonight. :)

Heck yes! probably best post of the year. Any guy willing to run to the store for you to buy you tampons deserves a freaking medal and a little something "extra"....
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    If you're mature enough for a relationship you should be mature enough to understand that menstruation is just a bodily function and tampons are no different than buying band-aids or toilet paper. I talk to my girlfriend (who has never and will never menstruate) in detail about my menstruation and she doesn't bat an eyelash. She has picked me up tampons at the store before. I appreciate it, but I don't give her any gold stars, because it's a matter of being nice. And anyone should be nice to their partner in a relationship, or I have no idea why they would have the relationship to begin with.
    Men/women don't deserve special recognition just for not being jerks.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    this is not a guy bashing thread but more of a light bulb moment for me tonight.
    guys can never be right can they?? if a woman is a round she usually thinks she is right and will not give up on it till she is.
    and they still answer us when we ask how yet another outfit looks. at least pretend to care if our shoes match our bags and do their best to notice the little things we do to ourselves to feel like we look better, even though our new eyeshadow has no effect on how much they love us.
    men should be given extra credit for putting up with our hormons and mood swings. our crazy based souly in our own mind fears and body issues.
    they should be given a gold star for buying pads and tampons and silver for at least walking down the isle with us and not pretending they accidently went the wrong way.
    they should be rewarded for letting us wear their shirts, pants and boxers when we wouldnt let them wear ours.
    and if he tells you you look pretty/sexy/nice/hot/whatever compliment it is take it cause if you rebuff them all he will stop saying them.
    im not against women. and it might just be me who has taken my man for granted but i wanted to remind my fellow women that they should take a second and let him be right tonight. :)

Heck yes! probably best post of the year. Any guy willing to run to the store for you to buy you tampons deserves a freaking medal and a little something "extra"....

hahahaha agreed!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • jennafluff
    jennafluff Posts: 54
    Options
    My husband doesn't know how to say sorry and is NEVER wrong. But hey, he does the grocery shop for me, buys my tampons and evn picks up my contraceptives from the pharmacy. He also gives me back massages whenever I want them, so I figure the 'rightness' is something I can live with:-)
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    If you're mature enough for a relationship you should be mature enough to understand that menstruation is just a bodily function and tampons are no different than buying band-aids or toilet paper. I talk to my girlfriend (who has never and will never menstruate) in detail about my menstruation and she doesn't bat an eyelash. She has picked me up tampons at the store before. I appreciate it, but I don't give her any gold stars, because it's a matter of being nice. And anyone should be nice to their partner in a relationship, or I have no idea why they would have the relationship to begin with.

She's also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck, when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    for a long time men were taught that doing things like buying tampons was not acceptable and despit how far we personally come as a society we are lacking.. so for a man who will never experance something like a period to break these long standing unwritten rules should be given some credit...
    besides i have faced the wall of pads and know how daunting it can be and i have been at this a while now i can only imagine how overwheling it must be for someone who hasnt.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

She also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

If you paid attention, she never has and will never will menstruate, thus it's as "out of her comfort zone" as it is for any man, as it's biologically something she will never have to deal with.
    To buy tampons you don't exactly have to talk about it, either. Just go through a checkout. You aren't going to have a lengthy discussion on clotting and hormonal fluctuations with the checkout guy. They'll ring you up and probably barely look at what you're buying.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

She's also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck, when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

Don't argue with them dear...just let her rant. She has about 1/3 the life experience you do, and is 3yrs older. It will just end up stressing you, and it's not worth it.
    for a long time men were taught that doing things like buying tampons was not acceptable and despit how far we personally come as a society we are lacking.. so for a man who will never experance something like a period to break these long standing unwritten rules should be given some credit...
    besides i have faced the wall of pads and know how daunting it can be and i have been at this a while now i can only imagine how overwheling it must be for someone who hasnt.

As you know I'm single lol...but I still buy them for my 14yr old daughter...who is still at that stage where any mention of it is mortifying, and having to stand there and pick them out herself would be absolutely terrifying.

The conversation on the phone (she won't even go with me...and since I buy the biggest package I can, I always forget what kind by the time I have to buy them again) while I'm standing there trying to figure out which ones I got last time is comical, I'm sure.
This discussion has been closed.