My Unpopular Opinion

Options

Replies

• bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    New Zealand Accents are just plain odd (I am a New Zealander) and I think Flight of the Conchords is mainly just popular in the states because our accent is so stupid (although I think it's quite funny).

Americans mostly make me really angry (although I have met some lovely ones) I have met some REAL a##holes

When driving, I would like to not to slam on my brakes even though I can see an accident could happen (being the other car's fault) just so I can tell the other driver off and claim insurance
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    i've begun worshiping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to "God" are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate.
    Im sure he said both my friend.

His only rival was bill hicks

Credit going to George Carlin, but excellent taste in a quote.

Sounds a little like transcendentalism.

I had to edit my post there, but yeah it was basically a quote from a George Carlin stand up, save the fact that george stated he prayed to Joe pesci. Not knocking the post by any stretch of the imagination mind you, it pleased me to see some Carlin making its way into the discussion :P
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    OH! And I don't know if God exists or not, and to say you do know... is arrogant. Because you don't know....
    I do NOT believe in organized religion bc I don't believe anyone anywhere dictates what a person can and cant do ...
    But I do believe there is someone out there that is a bigger higher power than me.... that AKA, I AM NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! And that is all I need to know.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster who said that Christians get picked on more than anybody these days.

Well, you're both wrong then. ; ) Seriously, Christians make up the vast majority of the American population. They are the overwhelming majority. Picked on? By whom? Personally, I think the vocal evangelical and fundamentalist xtians are overly sensitive and want a different set of rules than everyone else. I'm an atheist and if you want to talk about discrimination and being picked we can talk. Atheists are the most despised minority in America (and many other places). By large margins people would vote for a Muslim or a gay person before voting for an atheist for public office. We are labelled as angry or rebellious and we have to face the condescension of people praying for us when we challenge their belief in god. We are threatened with hell. Xtians get picked on more than anybody else these days? Not even a little bit true.

Cheers!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    "plateaus" do not exist
    carbs are not evil
    curvy is not fit

What if you are a muscular person who naturally has wide hips and a small waist? That's curvy. The TRUE definition of curvy means exactly that CURVY. Not chubby or thick. CURVY meaning you have CURVES. That is something that has to do with body shape, not weight. You can be really thin and be curvy or be fat and be curvy.

TRUE! In high school, while I had an ED, I was 5'6", 103 lbs, wore a C cup bra, was closer to a size 4, and had an hourglass waist (my hips quite noticeably jutted out at that point). I will always be a curvy woman, no matter how much weight I have to lose and it wasn't until I hit about 175lbs that I started getting the undesirable curves.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    angelina jolie is not hot. neither is brad pitt.

might add to this later....
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    This isn't related to anything but...

I LOVE TOOL! :D
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I don't like pie.

Also, all the people arguing on this thread are gonna' get it locked.

I need more info LOL

Chocolate? Peace? Strawberry? Buttermilk? Sweet tater? Pumpkin? Coconut? Lemon?

No pies at all??:cry:

Nope. I would eat the chocolate filling, strawberry filling, pumpkin filling, but the crust is such a waste of my time and taste buds. Just make something else.

Hmmm, I gotta ask.........are you SURE, I mean 100% SURE, you've had really good crust?

This is my thought too. No one who has had a really good crust would say that.
    Agreed! I've taken out the filling and just eaten the crust part before!! ((I'm sure part of the reason y I need to lose do much!!)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    We should address problems at the source. For example, sending trucks of rice to impoverished nations is not the solution. Getting them to stop humping and having 9 kids is a start. I feel the same way about government assistance locally. Want some welfare? Mandatory temporary sterilization. Don't want that? Fine, but you don't get paid for the pack of brats you insist on crapping out. But god forbid we tell anyone what to do with their genitals and uterus!

Religion is often used as an excuse for illogical laws and policies. See above.

You child does not need a new puppy. There are a ton of awesome animals waiting to be euthanized at the pound.

I am allowed to text when I drive, but you are not.

Phwew, enough being bitter, off to lift some weights! STOP BREEDING, PEOPLE!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    any meat ground up and put back together (hamburgers, hotdogs, sausage etc ) totally make me gag...

blowing or picking your nose should only be done in private!!!

snow is not pretty...
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The View, The Chew, The Talk and The Revolution all suck. Who watches that crap.

not me . couldn't tell ya if they were crap or not sorry:ohwell:
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Tool always freaked me out. I couldn't figure out their videos. But I'm not an edgy kinda gal either.

I like Journey and the Eagles....those are hardcore like Tool right?>
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    New Zealand Accents are just plain odd (I am a New Zealander) and I think Flight of the Conchords is mainly just popular in the states because our accent is so stupid (although I think it's quite funny).

Americans mostly make me really angry (although I have met some lovely ones) I have met some REAL a##holes

When driving, I would like to not to slam on my brakes even though I can see an accident could happen (being the other car's fault) just so I can tell the other driver off and claim insurance
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Women should just keep all there ****ing drama to themselves.
    God is a figment of the weeks imagination.
    The police are just mobile tax collector's
    College is for people to stupid to work.
    The electoral vote should have been shut down in a 100 years ago.
    US is ****ed up because. Religious retards have any say in anything.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster who said that Christians get picked on more than anybody these days.

Well, you're both wrong then. ; ) Seriously, Christians make up the vast majority of the American population. They are the overwhelming majority. Picked on? By whom? Personally, I think the vocal evangelical and fundamentalist xtians are overly sensitive and want a different set of rules than everyone else. I'm an atheist and if you want to talk about discrimination and being picked we can talk. Atheists are the most despised minority in America (and many other places). By large margins people would vote for a Muslim or a gay person before voting for an atheist for public office. We are labelled as angry or rebellious and we have to face the condescension of people praying for us when we challenge their belief in god. We are threatened with hell. Xtians get picked on more than anybody else these days? Not even a little bit true.

Cheers!

Jeffazi makes a good point. ITA.
  • ElBo58
    ElBo58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Golf is not a sport. If you can be old, overweight, and move around the playing field on a motorized cart, it's not a sport. Also, anything in which "style" is part of your score? Not a sport. Sorry, figure skating.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! Agreed (becuase I am a kiwi too!)
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    We should address problems at the source. For example, sending trucks of rice to impoverished nations is not the solution. Getting them to stop humping and having 9 kids is a start. I feel the same way about government assistance locally. Want some welfare? Mandatory temporary sterilization. Don't want that? Fine, but you don't get paid for the pack of brats you insist on crapping out. But god forbid we tell anyone what to do with their genitals and uterus!

Religion is often used as an excuse for illogical laws and policies. See above.

You child does not need a new puppy. There are a ton of awesome animals waiting to be euthanized at the pound.

I am allowed to text when I drive, but you are not.

Phwew, enough being bitter, off to lift some weights! STOP BREEDING, PEOPLE!

YES, YES AND YES. This man gets four hundred and a half gold stars!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Big, hairy caveman type men are WAY hotter than hairless, groomed metrosexuals. :)

Ummmmm - no!
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options

Tool always freaked me out. I couldn't figure out their videos. But I'm not an edgy kinda gal either.

I like Journey and the Eagles....those are hardcore like Tool right?>

I think when it comes to tool you need a few extra substances to understand what is going on.
    I think dmt was involved pretty deeply