Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and don't really have a goal weight in mind, but I do have a goal. I want my body fat % to be 21-27% and be strong, lean muscle strong. I would look emaciated at 140lbs.

I do cardio, but I also lift and do CrossFit. Strong is the new skinny!! :-)
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    5'3" and my goal is 140, I'm 47 and not looking to be size 2 bikini model. I'd be happy being a size 8 or 10. Currently just went from 18 to a 16. I'd rather be curvy than sickly ;)
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    5'5" and I want to be a size 6 and non-jiggly with arms like Michelle Obama's. If I can get non-jiggly at a size 8, I wouldn't mind that either...
  • lbergdvm
    lbergdvm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have never been a size 2 in my entire life (somehow skipped that size while transitioning through puberty). I would be very happy to be able to get to and stay at a size 6-8 because that is a comfortable and realistic size for me as a "curvy" but short 5' woman. Everyone has their own comfort size/weight, and I don't think you should feel left out just because you don't aspire to be that small. I believe all of us are trying to attain a manageable goal, regardless of how that goal varies from person to person. For what it is worth, you have my support in your efforts to be as healthy and fit as you choose.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started at 192, and I currently weigh 147, which is a little under my goal weight. I am 5'9", and this puts me at a size 6 in most brands, which was my real goal. I am now focusing on toning. I do not have a size 2 body. I birthed two children, and I have hips and a chest.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, currently wearing size 34. I'm thinking my backbone has more than a 2 inch circumference, so no, I won't be going for a size 2 anytime soon. I'd need a saber saw. On, and to be dead. :laugh:

Seriously, though, women's clothing sizes utterly mystify me. How can a "size" be expressed by the number zero? :noway:

It's like Starbucks, a universe where there is no such thing as "small", "medium", and "large". It starts out a lie (no, that coffee ain't "tall" in anyone's book, sunshine) and then starts to use fancy foreign words to hide the fact that you are paying $1.50 extra for a "medium". LOL.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I would be happy with a size 12.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, the best size to be is the size that you feel healthy and happy at! That # is different for everyone - just like our bodies are all different. I am 5' 4" - I started around 220 - finally got down to 167. From hardly fitting into size 18 to finding the 10-12 a little loose.

I would like to get down to 145-150 but being able to buy the 10-12 and look OK is a big deal for me so if I stay here for awhile I can live with it. I'll continue to eat healthy and get what exercise I can and maybe I'll put a big push on this summer and get down another 10 lbs but I'm not going to stress about it.

Just be who you want to be and don't worry about whether it's OK to anybody else.

:flowerforyou:
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

140-130 is no where near a size 2 for some women. I am 5'5" and have lost 6 pounds so far with my starting weight at 140, wearing a size 6. I understand that you want to keep on more weight than that but I wouldn't say that everyone who is looking to get to that or less is trying to be a size 2. I would be glad to get back down to 130 and be a size 4 again personally.
  • Reneece_pr
    Reneece_pr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I share the exactly the same mentality as you... Im 5'4 and my goals are exactly the same as yours... I too have areas that I want to remain curvy;) I just want a flatter stomach and smaller legs, also to be more physically fit:) Im glad someone lese out there is the same:)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I don't think I would ever fit into a size 2. I should be in a 5 now at 116 but I'm still wearing my baggy size 7s. When I was in high school and super active I weighed 105 and still wasn't below a size 5. I'm doing the Insanity program now to add some muscle, so I may bulk back up into my size 7s anyway. I'm not sure how it will workout.

Edit: I wanted to add that my daughter is a couple of inches shorter than me and she is a size 0. She is fit, healthy, and beautiful, so I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a size 2 or any other size, just in answer to the question, no, I'm not because I never could be.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have some size 2 jeans that fit at about 130-135, and I'm hardly sickly. On the other hand, I'm currently wearing size 8 shorts that are just a little bit big on me. Depends on the cut of that particular garment. I never set out to be a size two... I just wanted to be healthier and have only the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle... jiggle.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The smallest I can go without looking gravely sick would be a 4, I've a very large frame and my bones start protruding once I get to 6
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I think once you get started and get toned, you'll want to keep going.
    Why wouldn't you want to be as fit/in shape as you can be? It's only healthier for your body

If you had told me last year that I'd be wearing a size small undershirt, I'd have told you you're crazy. But once I drop the last 15-20lbs, I can honestly probably get into a XS (AE, undershirt, v-neck) and it fit fine. But I'll be toned and defined and healthy.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, currently wearing size 34. I'm thinking my backbone has more than a 2 inch circumference, so no, I won't be going for a size 2 anytime soon. I'd need a saber saw. On, and to be dead. :laugh:

Seriously, though, women's clothing sizes utterly mystify me. How can a "size" be expressed by the number zero? :noway:

You obviously haven't seen the new NEGATIVE SIZES! If it makes you feel any better it doesn't make sense to most women either. A size 2 in one store does not equal a size 2 across the mall in the next store!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a size 6/8.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (or somewhere there abouts) as well. I started at 170, but close to 30-35% body fat. I'm now at about 140 pounds and 25% body fat. My thing wasn't the weight it was the appearance of the weight. I looked chunky, not curvy. Even at 140 I still have curves (and they look a whole lot better now). I have a pretty small frame and still want to lower the body fat a bit, though the weight is less of an issue.

A lot of the goal weights have to do with body composition - your body might look fit and trim and curvy at 170, but mine definitely didn't!
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm 5'4" I want to be 180.
    I like my bust and buttocks, its the rest that bugs.
    Plus if I weigh any less than that I'll have like no muscle, I'm a solid girl under my excess.

I don't remember what size that I Was then... I think its like a 14? Maybe a 12.
    I was very comfortable, though.
  • sensationallysassyt
    Options
    Meeeeeeee~ My goal is around 170ish~ I carry my weight well and anything under 175 would make me look sick~{...Looking to be at the lowest a size 10~ Plus I don't wanna lose too much of my curves~}
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I currently weigh 155. I'm a size 8.

I would look ridiculous as a size 2...like a bobblehead!

I'm only hoping to lose 8-9 more pounds and I don't see that putting me into a different size much at all.

Same height as you and I get the bobble head thing too, right now I fluctuate between 145 and 150. And am a tight 6 and a loose 8. I too will not look my best any smaller than I think a four.