What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
I seen a post last night where a guy liked them chubby & hey that's quite alright. But a lot of women were posting in there talking about how they have curves that just aren't going to go away. Also someone questioned how anyone could want to be a size 0 or 2. They thought 10 would b their goal pant size. Well, I'm a size 8 right now & it's not cutting it. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach & I have a small frame which causes it to bunch up basically & stick out. I will pretty much have 2 go to a low pant size to get my stomach to flatten out & I dont think there is a thing wrong w/ it. I want to be fit anyways, so I'm pushing until I am .
Another thing, about the curves. If you have natural curves, then u will always have them no matter how small u get. They will just b smaller when u get smaller & not have fat on them. My waist is ab 9 in smaller than my hips, if anything my curves has gotten more defined as I lost weight. When i lose my love handles (which i hope is soon) it will get smaller, but I will still have it. Pretty sure my waist is gonna stay smaller than my hips. Curves don't mean u can't get slim.
Too each their own of course. But smaller girls are 'real women' too. Like I said b4, a lot of us want to be fit & in shape. Personally I want to be less that 20% body fat. I know it's not goin to be easy 2 accomplish. I know it's not for everyone either. But I don't think bigger women should knock people wanting to b like this & say they don't wanna b a 'twig'. It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can be physically fit and still have curves. That being said, I do agree with the majority of your post. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size so long as it is HEALTHY. That's the key. A woman who is a size 2 but is anorexic is not healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2. I was a size 12 when I weighed 130 because of my hips. Each woman has to determine what is best for her and her body. If that's a size 2 then great and if that's a size 12 then that's great too. As long as the person is HEALTHY. None of us are exactly alike. That's what makes us special.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a size 0 or 2, but I agree that no one should be knocking others who do want to be. I personally want to be around a size 5 :smile: Everyone is different.. we all come in different shapes and sizes and that is part of what makes us unique in our own ways. We should all push to reach our goals, whatever they may be to make us happy, even if its a size 0 or a size 12. :flowerforyou:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can be physically fit and still have curves. That being said, I do agree with the majority of your post. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size so long as it is HEALTHY. That's the key. A woman who is a size 2 but is anorexic is not healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2. I was a size 12 when I weighed 130 because of my hips. Each woman has to determine what is best for her and her body. If that's a size 2 then great and if that's a size 12 then that's great too. As long as the person is HEALTHY. None of us are exactly alike. That's what makes us special.

Agree!!
  • shorty35565
    Options

I only said tht at the end cuz a lot of them acted like they couldn't keep their curves if they got smaller. But I explained in the middle that u will keep them. I agree w/ u. Just wat works best for u & is healthy. I didn't like how some of them knocked ppl who wanted 2 b smaller & questioned how could they want to b such a small size. I'm not questionin them for their choices u kno.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I don't want to be a size 0 or 2, but I agree that no one should be knocking others who do want to be. I personally want to be around a size 5 :smile: Everyone is different.. we all come in different shapes and sizes and that is part of what makes us unique in our own ways. We should all push to reach our goals, whatever they may be to make us happy, even if its a size 0 or a size 12. :flowerforyou:

Agreed! People with wider frames or those who dont carry in their stomachs might not have to go down as far to feel comfy w/ their bodies. But I'm not like tht. Every comes in different shapes.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    As long as what you want is to be a healthy weight for your body, then that's a good thing.

my body will NEVER be a 0 or 2 - i'm 5'10" and large framed - but that's MY body. that's not YOUR body. aim for in shape. aim for healthy. and don't listen to anyone -except your doctor- who tells you otherwise. (obv, if your dr says you're too thin, listen to that - everyone else can get over it)
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with it and no one implied there is. Some women just want to stay a certain way, some want to be a size 2 some want to be a size 14.

Either way, we're all hot :wink:
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

My goal weight is 125lbs. I'm 5'5 w/ a small frame, as I mentioned. That's normal weight for my height. My goal measurements are 35/24-26/34-36 I don't think it's unreasonable or unhealthy given my shape & stature.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with it and no one implied there is. Some women just want to stay a certain way, some want to be a size 2 some want to be a size 14.

Either way, we're all hot :wink:

hahaha! Agreed!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I hate when people talk about size 0-2 being disgusting or unhealthy/sickly and like it's just awful. Sure, some people would look terrible at that size, but it suits a lot of people with small frames. I am now a size 00 in american eagle jeans and I don't think I look unhealthy or sickly. When I was a size 4 I looked terrible and flabby because of where I gain. Everyone's different!!
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    I never understand this 'real women have curves/boobs/hips/thigh gaps/six packs/no muscles/huge biceps etc etc etc' We are all different and we all aspire to our own idea of perfection. As long as that is healthy it has F@#! all to do with anyone else.

I am at the stage now where several people a day tell me not to get too skinny. What they really mean is that they liked me better when I was fat and made them look good.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I hate when people talk about size 0-2 being disgusting or unhealthy/sickly and like it's just awful. Sure, some people would look terrible at that size, but it suits a lot of people with small frames. I am now a size 00 in american eagle jeans and I don't think I look unhealthy or sickly. When I was a size 4 I looked terrible and flabby because of where I gain. Everyone's different!!

I hate it too! Actually when ppl talk ab it n condescending way, i justt makes them seem jealous imo. It's takes a lot of hard work & dedication to b fit. I think u look amazing! I want abs like those!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't think I could be a 0 or a 2. Well I am 5'4" so it might would look okay but I would rather keep my curves and settle at a size 8 or 10. :)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I never understand this 'real women have curves/boobs/hips/thigh gaps/six packs/no muscles/huge biceps etc etc etc' We are all different and we all aspire to our own idea of perfection. As long as that is healthy it has F@#! all to do with anyone else.

I am at the stage now where several people a day tell me not to get too skinny. What they really mean is that they liked me better when I was fat and made them look good.

Omg tht last sentence! I think sum ppl mean tht when they tell me too. Others, who r my family, I think are genuinely concerned. But I still got plenty of belly fat. I'm not skinny lol I'm ok.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    if you're doing it unhealthily, that's what's wrong. even in HS when I was one of the "small girls" I was a 6 or 8, I couldn't imagine being skinnier than I was then cause I look at pics of me from HS and realize how unmuscular/toned I was.

They're a lot of women out there who are like me, small frames & crazy weight in the tummy, who look perfectly healthy in such sizes. Just look at kylesmommy up there. She looks fantastic in a 00.
    Like I said, I'm an 8 now & it's not cutting it. We just have different shapes & sizes.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options

Exactly! :drinker:
  • binabee2wechanged
    Options
    My main goal is to feel comfortable. I truly do not care if the person standing next to me is a size 0 or a size 24. I do care about keeping people positive and hoping that my words while on myfitnesspal.com motivates them. If you want to be a size O that is your choice, but I like being seen. I enjoy my curves which signify me as a women. Most women who do go to a size O which back in my day wasn't even a Size...are really petite and tiny and suite them beautifully. But at my height of 5.7 that would be unrealistic and not appealing for ME!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    There is ALWAYS going to be fat versus thin arguments. Larger people will say that thinner people aren't attractive. Thinner people will say the same about larger people. We'll all get our feelings hurt and for WHAT? Knowing that someone we probably don't care about anyway may or may not find us attractive? I really don't like that we have ourselves pitted against one another. We should be supporting each others goals to be HEALTHY.
This discussion has been closed.