What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    A lot of this comes down to height and body type, and also to location, a UK 4 and a US 4 are entirely different animals, and so long as everyone is healthy and happy in there choice then i'm all for supporting them whatever their goal size.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing personally the smallest I want to be is a size 2 but that's because I think I look too skinny as a 0. I was a 0 in college. I am really curvy though weather I am size 10 (biggest I have ever been) or a size 0.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Some people are built smaller. It doesn't make them sickly or anorexic. Also a 6' woman wearing size 0 jeans would look a lot different from a 5' woman wearing size 0 jeans.

Honestly, clothing size is such a stupid number to base looks or health on. Why do women do this to themselves?
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can be physically fit and still have curves. That being said, I do agree with the majority of your post. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size so long as it is HEALTHY. That's the key. A woman who is a size 2 but is anorexic is not healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2. I was a size 12 when I weighed 130 because of my hips. Each woman has to determine what is best for her and her body. If that's a size 2 then great and if that's a size 12 then that's great too. As long as the person is HEALTHY. None of us are exactly alike. That's what makes us special.

I agree! But you have to take height into account tool. I (personally) don't think that a girl at my height (5'9'') should try to get down that small, but I'm aiming for a comfortable size 5/6
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A size 0 if fine if you have a small frame. I do not. I hope to return to a consistent size 6, but honestly I'm not un-happy with my mostly 8 but sometimes 6 body.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I agree that there's nothing wrong with it at all if it's healthy. I started out a size 12 and 170 lbs and now I'm a size 2 and I weigh 135 lbs. I am 5'4" tall. I still have a slight gut that I want to get rid of!! Everyone is different.....a size 2 on some would look way to thin but it looks healthy on me. It all depends on your body type, frame, etc. I still have curves and I don't want to look aneroxic. You just have to figure out what is your healthy weight. Good luck to all:):)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0, and have never been bigger than a 2. I am a tiny person....I have a muffin top as soon as I hit 106 pounds. I know its such an exact weight, but I know my body that well. Doesn't change the fact that I practically get blasted by people who question why I am even on here.

If you are healthy, and are losing weight the healthy way, then there's no reason why you can't want to be a size 0 or 2. If you get to a point where you realize that its too small, then maintain or gain....that simple.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    The only thing I notice about a being a size 0 or 2 is that it makes the size 8+ women on MFP jelly. That's all.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with that if your body shape suits that.

I couldn't be a 0 or a 2, there is no way, I mean unless I somehow managed to shrink my hip bones.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am a size 1-3, and I am more confident than I have ever been, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a smaller size, I personally think I look a lot better now than I did as a 5/7. just my opinion
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    oh and p.s. I used to be a size 14, not a pretty sight.. LOL. (of-course this was AFTER having my daughter, but still, i looked terrible.)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size but for a lot of women it simply is not realistic. Some who strive to get there can't without being underweight. Thats the only problem I have with it. But for other women that would be a good weight. I think people are just talking about girls who don't have that type of body. I got down to a size 4 or so when I was really underweight and for me that was too skinny and I certainly looked it.

People who are bigger are just jealous in a lot of cases too. ;)
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong w/ being a 0 or a 12. It depends on your body, and what looks good on you. I will say, when I was at 300 lbs, wearing a size 28 or 30, I set my goal for 150 lbs. I had no idea what size I would be when I got there, bit I thought size 12 was about where I would end up. Now, I'm right around 200 lbs and a comfy size 14. I'll probably ne in a size 12 in the next month or two. I'm not even thinking 8/10 is where I'll end up now. I simply don't know what my body will do, or where my weight will end up. I think that this may be the problem that other women have. They just don't know what their bodies will do ad they get healthier.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can be physically fit and still have curves. That being said, I do agree with the majority of your post. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size so long as it is HEALTHY. That's the key. A woman who is a size 2 but is anorexic is not healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2. I was a size 12 when I weighed 130 because of my hips. Each woman has to determine what is best for her and her body. If that's a size 2 then great and if that's a size 12 then that's great too. As long as the person is HEALTHY. None of us are exactly alike. That's what makes us special.

I agree! But you have to take height into account tool. I (personally) don't think that a girl at my height (5'9'') should try to get down that small, but I'm aiming for a comfortable size 5/6

Does height really matter for pants size? I dont really think so. pant sizes are based on ur hip size. Being tall doesn't always mean ur gonna have bigger hips. They're all kinds of ppl short to tall who have 36" hips. Also it depends on where u carry ur weight too.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

My goal weight is 125lbs. I'm 5'5 w/ a small frame, as I mentioned. That's normal weight for my height. My goal measurements are 35/24-26/34-36 I don't think it's unreasonable or unhealthy given my shape & stature.

Clothing size is such an arbitrary goal. My measurements fall into the range you listed and I am usually a 4 based on the brands I buy most.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    ugh i would look like a holocaust survivor at size 2 and under. but thats me 5'6" with a "medium wide" frame. the best i have looked was at a size 6

SANY00332.jpg

lol i was also a chain smoker and 24
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I agree that there's nothing wrong with it at all if it's healthy. I started out a size 12 and 170 lbs and now I'm a size 2 and I weigh 135 lbs. I am 5'4" tall. I still have a slight gut that I want to get rid of!! Everyone is different.....a size 2 on some would look way to thin but it looks healthy on me. It all depends on your body type, frame, etc. I still have curves and I don't want to look aneroxic. You just have to figure out what is your healthy weight. Good luck to all:):)

I'm 5'5 at 138lbs in a size 8. At 185, when I started I was a size 15. We're not far from each in weights, just diff pants sizes. My weight is just bunched up in my belly for the most part lol Idk if I can get 2 a size 2. I'm more aiming to just b fit & b watever pants size I am. But if tht happens to be a 2 or 0, so be it lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    The only thing I notice about a being a size 0 or 2 is that it makes the size 8+ women on MFP jelly. That's all.

I notice tht tooo & I am a size 8. I am jelly lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size but for a lot of women it simply is not realistic. Some who strive to get there can't without being underweight. Thats the only problem I have with it. But for other women that would be a good weight. I think people are just talking about girls who don't have that type of body. I got down to a size 4 or so when I was really underweight and for me that was too skinny and I certainly looked it.

People who are bigger are just jealous in a lot of cases too. ;)

That's what I feel, cuz they were all bigger women hating in tht topic the other day.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to be any size. What is not so right is if you arent of a body design that can handle being that size. I will NEVER be a size 2 or less. I wont even be a 6. I am not built that way. Doesnt bother me at all.
This discussion has been closed.