10 in 9

Options

Replies

• jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is jillian micheals dvd .... Ive been trying to find it here with no luck ... I downloaded the parts from youtube but just can't seem to get it to dvd ... would love it if someone could send it on here to download cause ive heard alot of good comment about it kicking u r butt .... Think that what I need a good swift kick :laugh: and as for the size 12 im all butt and belly Lmao . Interesting 1600 cals hmmmm sounds even better than 1400-1500 .... :happy:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm totally IN! I am a size 12 and really really really wanting to get down to a size 10. Lately I'm noticing that the scale isn't changing as much as my pants are getting more loose. This is a good thing, I hope! I've been running about 40 minutes a day, doing intervals on the treadmill. I loved working outside so much better. Not having to look at the sweaty people next to me, and the one right in front of me! Haha! Pretty sure I nickname myself Sweaty-Betty these days. I'm hoping the weight and the pant size will start to drop! Yippie!

Is anyone else seeing that they are maybe feeling better in their clothes, but its not reflecting on the scale as much? Its really frustrating because I want to be LIGHTER! But, I figure, if I can get into the size 10...I must be doing something right!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

Is anyone else seeing that they are maybe feeling better in their clothes, but its not reflecting on the scale as much? Its really frustrating because I want to be LIGHTER! But, I figure, if I can get into the size 10...I must be doing something right!!

me me me! I was so pissed last saturday cuz I didnt lose an ounce, but a lot of my clothes were actually zipping up and buttoning up without cutting off my circulation. So you are right, it is more important to fit into the clothes u want to than what a scale says. Weight really is just a number but ur clothing size goes with u everywhere haha. I hate going shopping with my friend who is a size 2. and I pick out a size 12...rrrrrr haha

Here's to size 10 in 9 weeks!:drinker:
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I am in a size 12 now also and about 160 pounds... I want to be back in my size 10's and some 8 or 9's and around 142- 145 pounds. I AT LEAST want my jeans to fit somewhat comfortably and not have to wear a t shirt with them to hide the pudge that I have on top of them by Christmas when I go see family and some friends that I haven't seen in about 6 years or so.. The bad part is that one of the main reasons I am so excited to go is because of the food, I grew up in New Mexico and miss my Mexican food and green chili so bad I can taste it.. I don't want to go there and gain even more weight and have to struggle even harder when I come back home if I haven't already started working towards my goal. I can go to the gym and jog while I'm there and watch my portions and shouldn't do toooo terrible but I am just afraid of total sabatoge. I have just about 2 months to get the jeans up over my butt and buttoned without the pudge.. I got new running shoes I want to try out too but it has been raining here it seems like forever lately so I get ready and it's a monsoon outside! UGH... I guess just to the gym and deal with getting wet outside.. yuck! No more excuses... Eating smaller portions, better food, not after 8pm... REGARDLESS!! Doing cardio at least 35 minutes or 400 calories 4 or 5 times a week, power pump class Monday and Wednesday ( cardio/ strength training) and Zumba on Wednesday also... The b/f is a trainer and has a degree in exercise science so he says were going to start doing 300+ crunches a night and get our beach bodies back before he goes to meet my dad in Florida in May- ish.... Wish me luck!! Any suggestions would be awesome!! I just have to tell you that I was really excited when I read this because I felt like it was me right there and right on the same time frame!! YAY!! I love MFP... I just have to make myself do the work now.. Here goes the hard part.. lol
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    size 10 in 9 wks that is!

hey guys, I have 9 weeks in which I would like to fit into a size 10. (currently a size 12).
    who's with me?

lets share weight loss tips.

i'm doing boot camp 3x a week plus cardio 2 or 3x in between. My diet is not strict but I want to eat even healthier than I already am. My biggest problem - WEEKENDS.

no messing around this time! xmas is almost here! the time when u will see friends and family and maybe even some ppl u don't like! HAHA

the last thing u wanna hear is that u have gained weight or still look the same ! :grumble:

I want eye popping reactions! WOW U LOOK GREAT!!! :noway:
    I'm talking jaw to the floor here guys! lol :smile:

so come on all u ladies that wanna be closer to that single digit pant size, size 10 is your biggest stepping stone!

I would love to do this! and i need to do this. I had surgery in March and have yet to get back into my routine, and I gained 15 IBS :noway:

Oh and I am from Baton Rouge!!! great to see people they live near me!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Heather: I know what you mean. I'm going home for Christmas too, and that is one of my fears. But, last year when I went home I had some success. The main thing is I didn't want to exclude myself from eating the foods I loved and grew up with. Granted some of them aren't the healthiest, but I wanted to make sure I got a taste! I ate in moderation and made sure to do some sort of exercise during the day. Whether it was something like a Turbo Jam video, running, anything to keep my body moving for at least 20 minutes during the day. My goal was to NOT gain weight, and it worked! I also stocked up my mom's fridge with some veggies & fruits for snacking when everyone else was having nachos or ice cream or something that I COULD live without. Good Luck to you!! I hope I can go through the Thanksgiving holidays as well as the Christmas & New Years holidays without going off track.

I actually read somewhere that it only takes 3 days to get out of shape and into unhealthy habits, and it takes 29 days to get into shape and into healthy habits. Remembering THAT really helps me not to get off track...at least for very long!!
  • altazin0907
    Options
    LOL ... Im starting to think we are twins :laugh: ugh the sluggish thing ... For the last few day have no energy seeing spots alot and yesterday was suppose to be a workout day but I just couldn't do it was so tired and felt sick to my stomach most of the day . This morning woke up felt better but now feeling crappy again . Really starting to think the 1200 calories are way to low . Good luck to you :drinker:

Usually when you see spots that means that your blood pressure is high. Might want to get that tested
  • HeatherBurke
    Options

I actually read somewhere that it only takes 3 days to get out of shape and into unhealthy habits, and it takes 29 days to get into shape and into healthy habits. Remembering THAT really helps me not to get off track...at least for very long!!

WOW... that really makes me think about a lot now, like that Dr. pepper that I want really bad but don't need and will spiral into more than it's not worth it and will make that 29 days keep on going.. I told myself about 3 months ago that I was going to start doing this and crack down and be so healthy and look awesome by the time I got there.... uh hmm... am yet to start so now I just have to keep that in the front of my mind... thank you so much for the words of wisdom, it helps a lot when someone has been in your shoes... It feels like all of us are all around there somewhere with one another.. just spread out all over the country/ world. It's pretty cool. Now it's balls to the wall!!!

Im just going to watch my portions while I'm there and if we go to eat for dinner save half and eat the rest for lunch the next day and so forth so that I'm not completely gorging myself and exercise, my grandma lives across the street from my old gym and an awesome park to jog around so it shouldn't be too bad, plus around all of the family I'm going to need all the alone time and stress relief I can get!!!... it helps a lot that my stepmom has little faith in me to exercise and not shove burritos down my throat like a crazy person while we're there... I'm gonna show her a thing or two!!

Enough ranting... I think Im actually getting excited about this whole thing... Strange... lol.. I need an elliptical at home and I would be teeny tiny... no need to get out in the rain then!!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is jillian micheals dvd .... Ive been trying to find it here with no luck ... I downloaded the parts from youtube but just can't seem to get it to dvd ... would love it if someone could send it on here to download cause ive heard alot of good comment about it kicking u r butt .... Think that what I need a good swift kick :laugh: and as for the size 12 im all butt and belly Lmao . Interesting 1600 cals hmmmm sounds even better than 1400-1500 .... :happy:

I found my dvd on amazon for about $10, free super saver shipping to. It has 3 levels you can work up to and it really is helping. I have noticed my stamina is much better, and even though i'm not seeing the scale moving an inch. Atleast the tape measure has been my friend. I haven't measured in almost a month but after doing the video for 2 weeks I had lost an inch off my waist and about that on my thighs. My arms were down a half inch to! Haven't a clue where i'm at right now but i'm hoping to up my water intake the next few days before I weight in on sat. I'm retaining so much water this week (thanks aunt flo:grumble: ) maybe by this weekend i'll see the 160's!
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! just want to say welcome to everyone who joined this thread. I am so happy to be getting more feed back on this thread. Christmas to me is the most important time of year cuz thats when all of my family gets together (my parents + 6kids + 3 grandkids who have been scattered over 3 different countries during the year)

my mom cooks n cooks so much delicious food I just want to be able to enjoy it without gaining weight and while being at a comfortable size.

We can do this~ :smile:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Omg, Altazin I didn't even think of that the last few times I went to doc my pressure was high and he told me to moniter it regularly but being 34 and extremly hard headed I just brush it off. Thank-you for reminding me I was just starting to think it was the low cals. :laugh: Guess ill be dusting of the bp machine again lol .
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    ugh yeah aunt flo totally sucks :laugh: I jumped on the scale when she was visiting and after she left and Damn :noway: I gain like 7 lbs when she's around . Think ill just kick her to the curb !!!!!!
  • altazin0907
    Options
    Omg, Altazin I didn't even think of that the last few times I went to doc my pressure was high and he told me to moniter it regularly but being 34 and extremly hard headed I just brush it off. Thank-you for reminding me I was just starting to think it was the low cals. :laugh: Guess ill be dusting of the bp machine again lol .

Well the reason I thought of it was when I was pregnant a couple of times when I saw the Dr. my BP was high so the Dr. told me some things to look for to know when it is high and that was one of them! Glad I could help, make sure you monitor that! I am 29 and I am also hard headed and high strong so when I get upset or nervous my BP gets pretty high so now I monitor mine :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey guys I got this recipe in an email...and it sounded so good I tried it tonight.... it was DELICIOUS!!!!
    (didn't even need any rice to go with it. quite filling on its own. I did add a little extra mustard and honey cuz I didn't have anything to measure so just eyeballed it)

ENJOY!:smile:

Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken

Rich, flavorful honey mustard chicken with carrots and potatoes.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 lb. potatoes, cut into wedges
    • 2 lbs. chicken, rinsed
    • 6 medium carrots, sliced
    • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
    • 1-1/2 Tablespoons honey
    • 3 Tablespoons mustard
    • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    • 2 heads garlic, peeled
    • salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
    2. In a shallow pan, toss potatoes and carrots with oil, salt and pepper.
    3. Nestle peeled garlic cloves amongst the vegetables and scatter the rosemary on top.
    4. Arrange the chicken among the vegetables and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
    5. Meanwhile, stir the mustard and honey together.
    6. Remove the pan from the oven. Carefully take the chicken from the pan to another clean plate. Spread the honey-mustard mixture over the chicken.
    7. Stir vegetables in the pan, return coated chicken to the pan, and place pan back into the oven. Bake 10-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Info

Ammount Per Serving:
    Calories: 356.7

Total Fat: 8.9g

Total Carbs: 39.4g

Dietary Fiber: 5.8mg

Protein: 30.5g
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    that looks awesome think maybe ill try tommorrow!!!!! anyy new recipes for chicken are a definate keeper :laugh: Thanks girl !!!!!!

We can do this Shi@t !!!! wooohooo bring it on girls!!!! sorry im getting a little to over excited about this thread
  • nolachick
    Options
    That's great! I'm excited too.. tomorrow is my weigh in and i'm nervous. If i dont see any progress I'm afraid I get discouraged and just give up. Sigh.
    :ohwell:

back to the recipe TRY IT! it's sooo goood. n sooo easy. :bigsmile:
    at first i didnt think it wud be that great cuz the chicken will look plain cuz of the lack of seasonings. but its actually really good. my trick was to toss everything together (chicken and veggies) so everything gets evently coated with the EVOO and salt n pepper garlic and rosemary I think is the Key ingredient.
    after that, leave it to bake for 30 mins, take it out to add the sauce to the chicken ( I use those BBQ brushes to really get it in there). and yum yum yum

Good luck n lemme know if it turns out well. :smile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    That's great! I'm excited too.. tomorrow is my weigh in and i'm nervous. If i dont see any progress I'm afraid I get discouraged and just give up. Sigh.
    :ohwell:

Don't worry...I stepped on the scale last night and absolutely NO change. I can't seem to budge after 2 weeks! It is really disappointing but I promised myself last night I would NOT give up!! (Unfortunately I promised myself that after I ate 2 handfuls of chips...ARGGGG. Nonetheless, I am back on TODAY!)

We can do this! The slower and more steady pace we go...the longer we'll keep the weight off! I made my husband promise me that tonite is a gym night, and tomorrow is a gym morning!! I'm going to blast this weight off..haha.. I wish...

I bought Chalean Extreme last night. Anyone heard of it? Enjoy it? I am really excited to use it, and I've heard that it brings major results. Now I can do my strength training at home, no more going to the gym and having to wait in line for a particular machine, or look for room to do free weights.
  • nolachick
    Options

We can do this! The slower and more steady pace we go...the longer we'll keep the weight off! I made my husband promise me that tonite is a gym night, and tomorrow is a gym morning!! I'm going to blast this weight off..haha.. I wish...

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been trying to psyche myself up all week to stop worrying about the scale. After all I do feel like my butt and thighs are slimming. A lil bit less tummy too.
    Also I read this thread from my friend EVA she managed to lose 20lbs over the course of almost 9 months, but hey she looks great and it sounds like she didnt kill herself to get there.

Check out her tips. She' gives a whole page.....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68593-before-after
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    Well Yesterday I did manage to get in a workout 60 mins tread , 15 min dancing my @ss off
    ( booty shake ) :noway: 15 min bike ,15 mins elliptical ,20 min strength for a grand total of 2 hrs 5 mins...wooohooo but then I fell off the wagon grrrr and had a mcdonalds chicken sand and 3 beers....:explode: Oh well today is another day .... but I still had 600 cals left from workout so I decided I won't jump off a bridge just yet :laugh: p.s for u girls that have a treadmill check out my little 30 min 200 cal routine I found ...love this one and I don't get bored :flowerforyou:
  • jocelyne2
    Options
    just for reference purpose ladies I found a chart of where we want to be like yesterday !!!!! :flowerforyou:

Size 10

Bust 36.5"-37"
    Waist 28.5"-29"
    Hips 39" - 40"

Damn that not right !!!!!! wow I have a long way to go ....
    Can we push back x-mas a few months :laugh:...
    There is no way im gonna get my boobs from 40-37