Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• melpinky
    melpinky Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just want to be a healthier weight! I'm not looking at being skinny or tin y I just want a little less baggage!! :)
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" so at a US 2 I'd look pretty damn awful to be fair. I'm aiming for US 8, 6 at the lowest.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is 140lbs, most others here who are my height are looking to get to 120 or under. No thanks, that's not for me at all. I have no idea what size I will be when I get to 140, I hope around an 8/10.

I am the same - 5ft2" and aiming at about 140 which is a uk 10/12 (ish) and i am going to be fine with that - its not about being a magic weight on the scales its about being comfortable with my size and being fit and healthy.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I'm 5'4'' or so and my goal is about 130. For me, I would not be a size 2 at 130 lbs. I'm not looking to be slim either. I still want my muscles and I want to be curvy, a size 6/8 probably. We have similar body image goals, almost the same height, but different goal weights because we must be built much differently. I'm starting at your goal weight, but I am definately not looking to be a size 2 and skinny!
    My point is, everyone is built differently. You may be hot and curvy at 175, but I am NOT! haha :)
  • leanne_bailey
    leanne_bailey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    well im 5 8" and do NOT wanna be skinny but DO wanna be curvy id love to get to a size 10/12 UK anything lower at my height would look too skinny in my oppinion!! my fiance prefers curvy too ;)
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 in US just 3 years ago. I'd be happy at a 6 now
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I'm 5'4'' or so and my goal is about 130. For me, I would not be a size 2 at 130 lbs. I'm not looking to be slim either. I still want my muscles and I want to be curvy, a size 6/8 probably. We have similar body image goals, almost the same height, but different goal weights because we must be built much differently. I'm starting at your goal weight, but I am definately not looking to be a size 2 and skinny!
    My point is, everyone is built differently. You may be hot and curvy at 175, but I am NOT! haha :)

I'm a size 2 at 132lbs and far from skinny. If you have muscle on you, it isn't hard to get to a small size. I'm also just an inch shorter than you.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 126lbs, I'm 6 on the bottom and 4 on top. I think its appropriate, I was a size 10 at 140lbs so its difficult for me to believe some of these stated heights and sizes here. I dont want to be any smaller but now that I'm at this size, I'd like to stay here.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options

It depends on what you want to achieve. I'm 5'6 and have a goal weight of 135-140 and that wouldn't make me that slim really! I have been that weight before and was fit and curvy. At 175 I wasn't happy at all with my weight and my bmi was in the overweight category. Go with what you feel comfortable:)
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    To be honest if i went down to a size 2 i'd be dead. My height 5'11" and quite a broad frame would look so daft! lol. I'm aiming to get down to 160lbs (currently 258lbs) and would be happy at a size 14 (currently 20/22). I used to be 272lbs and a size 26 so i'm happy that i'm 20/22 now lol but I know i'd be even happier at a UK size 14 :happy:
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Haha, as you can see from my weight loss ticker (maybe) I was looking to be 125 pounds (I'm 5'4"). I've reached 145, and just about 15 minutes ago I saw myself on video... and I looked PRETTY DARN SKINNY (at least to myself). I'm not starting to think that 125 might make me look sick. :-(
  • MissPsychoB
    Options
    Umm, me I guess? I think my size in US numbers is 8/10 and I'm very pleased with that. However I am 5'9'' and weigh 138lbs, and it seems to me that a lot of ladies on here who are my weight, but shorter, fit into that size too. How does that work?

I used to weigh about 123 lbs a year ago, was much smaller, but no way would I like to go back to that. I looked like a deflated bag! Bones jutting out everywhere, no bum, hardly any boobs... After that, I gained over 25lbs due to stress, but now I've gotten back down to a happy medium and don't intend to go any lower! :D
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What is a size 2 in the UK? I am 5'6" and aiming for 150 which is within the range for my height (114 -154). I am currently 170 down from 205. I know from experience that 146 is about as light as I can be without looking scrawny. I will retain curves but be slim at 150. That puts me at a size 14 top and size 10/12 bottoms - UK sizes. Given I was at 22 top and 18 bottoms when I started I am already pleased. Currently 16 and 12! This probably makes no sense but if anyone can convert to US I would be interested!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8". I was a size 2 a few years ago, before health problems caused me to stop moving and gain weight. I was much too thin then, not by choice, by genetics. My sisters are all still very slender. I feel best at around size 6. I might like 8 better, not sure till I get back down there.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Yeah me. I'm looking to trim away my excess tummy flab & be a size 0 :wink:
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    Draenei bumms are too big for a Size 0. Besides, where will you fit your tail?
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    What is a size 2 in the UK? I am 5'6" and aiming for 150 which is within the range for my height (114 -154). I am currently 170 down from 205. I know from experience that 146 is about as light as I can be without looking scrawny. I will retain curves but be slim at 150. That puts me at a size 14 top and size 10/12 bottoms - UK sizes. Given I was at 22 top and 18 bottoms when I started I am already pleased. Currently 16 and 12! This probably makes no sense but if anyone can convert to US I would be interested!

Looks like a Size 2 US is a Size 4 UK and so on. You can check it out at http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm. They have a pretty cool Size converter.

According to that, you started at 20 top and 16 bottoms, US. And you are now 14 and 10, US.
  • dawnlinski
    dawnlinski Posts: 22
    Options
    I've never ever been less than a UK size 14 and I just wouldn't be me if I was a (UK) size 8 or even 10. My ideal size would be a UK 12, but if I couldn't get below a 14 I would be okay with that.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Me! I would like to be about 145, size 6 or so.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of want to be your friend simply because of your dog. I had an English Bulldog, Abigail, she lives with her dad since we got divorced. I love her soooo much :smile: