How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    3 set times a week 5:30 - 6:30 a.m. M, W, and F and at least 2 more times on the other days as and/or when I can.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    6 days a week - about 1 1/2 hr. - 2 hours a day
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm gettin seriously frustrated with my lack of spare time due to exercise! I do not by any means want to stop working out....BUT I can't keep up my work-gym-dinnner-bed schedule! I need some life!! :drinker: So I'm curious- how often do you work out?

Maybe you can stop working out at the gym. Why don't you try going for a run, or doing a workout video, or investing in some weights. That way you save the travel time to and from the gym. You can pick a workout that lasts 30 min to an hour.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    On a good week, 5 to 6 times, on a bad week... maybe once. I work really long hours, so sometimes I'm just too tired to workout. I probably average at about 3 times a week.
  • Dan_Man
    Dan_Man Posts: 5
    Options
    I wour out at least 5 times a week. Generally anywhere from 1 hr to 3 hrs a day. Most of this is cardio.
  • tomscudero
    tomscudero Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. I get up extra early to do it before work
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 5-6 times a week, because if I don't i get very hard to deal with. I count running up and down the stairs with my little one (I have to do that a lot when my hubby isn't home from work) as one workout. I have started going to the gym one because it gets me out of the house and two i don't have the distraction of my hubby making in fun of jm. and thats on top of taking care of a house, plus our kid, plus going to college.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I work out at least 4-5 days a week, sometimes 7 days straight. Even if I don't have time for a great workout I'll try to at least get in 20-30 minutes each day!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I try for 3, but sometimes have 2, sometimes 4
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 5 days a week for 2 to 2.5 hours each time, and I do a 5 mile run 2-3 times a week as well. I know it's a lot, but I've been able to meet my goals and maintain with that, so I'm not messing with it. The key for me is to get up early and get the workout out of the way.
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    Every day
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    2-4 times a week, depending on what I have going on, how I feel, etc. If I do less than that, I start to get headaches and leg pains and feel anxious. I sound like an addict!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Everyday with rest days when I need them. I love it so I would much rather spend my time in the gym. :)

^^^ This!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week I am fortunate I can get a good run in during my lunch hour at work. Also I work Maintenance at a rather large facility so I walk anywhere between 3-5 miles a day and I go out of my way to take stairs. So I get all mine in during my work hours. Well most anyways on Saturday or Sunday I try to get a nice long run in 10-12 miles and take the other off.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i look at my schedule for the week: work, sleep, friends, husband, errands, etc and work out wherever it fits. this week tuesday-friday after work. last week monday and wednesday. week before tuesday and thursday. i always work out after work. i'm not getting up earlier. i only get 6-7 max hours of sleep as it is. with 8 hours of work and 2 hours of commuting that is just all there is time for. i'm good with it. i try and make the absolute most of any gym time i fit in.

that may not be the absolute best health decision but what is the point of being the healthiest you can be if you aren't living your life. i have no intention of not living my life. spending time with friends. doing interesting things. making the most of every aspect as much as i can.

ETA - i should also say i live in the city where walking 20-30 minutes to something is second nature and doesn't even cross my mind as exercise. it is a 20 minute walk to the park where my gym is from my studio. if you count that i take a minimum of 2 20 minute walks a day i guess i exercise every day. on the weekend it is nothing for my husband and i to be out shopping and roaming around the city for 6 or 8 hours.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    3-6 depending..They range from 20-60 mins each.It can be pretty redundant I know with my career and home life it's like a vicious cycle sometimes.... You can get away with workout apps on your phone if you have one of those. I have an ab, butt, cardio, and leg free workout that i downloaded that do 5, 7.5, and 10 min workouts.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    5 times a week, sometimes even 3 times a day.
  • ltollagson
    ltollagson Posts: 11
    Options
    I do a "quick" workout in the mornings before work....usually a video of some kind at home...abs, arms, legs, resistance bands, etc. Something to get me going in the morning, 20-30 minutes. That way if something comes up in the afternoon, at least I've got something in. Then I try to get 30-90 min of cardio(bike riding, spinning class, elliptical) in after work in the evening...at least 3 days/week. I also try to get in a long bike ride on Saturdays and/or Sundays as well(only when the weather is nice). I am for at least 300 min/week.
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love strenous workouts but I recognise that rest is just as important. I do Les Mills' Body Attack twice a week and also do 20 mins HIIT at the gym twice a week followed by weight training. I workout every other day to give myself a rest day in between. However, I do walk about two miles Mon-Fri at a brisk pace. I wear a HRM and burn around 800 cals at each workout. Working out gives me such a buzz :)
  • Skywalker_Dub
    Options
    I'm sure it's hard to read all of these posts but I if it helps I do "two-a-days" 3 times a week cardio in the morning and lift at lunch I skip lunch to workout and eat at my desk. My job encourages that sort of thing so it's no big deal. I do this 5 days a week for 1.5 hours per day. I try to keep my weekends light with maybe a hike or Jog but nothing hard. I don't do anything on Sunday.

You should try do something at least 3 days per week and this is just to maintain you will likely not see much improvement.