What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options
FTIM2015
FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
On the back of a blog post from a friend... What would you say to your 18 yr old/ younger self?

If I could go back I'd tell myself...

"It's not as bad as it seems... honest! You're prettier than you think that you are, and a lot thinner! Steve really isn't worth the stress, neither are half of your 'friends'.

Remember the people who have been there for you through thick and thin (Jim), he knows you better than you do yourself, he may not be BF material, but he's always going to be there for you and not force his opinion on you.

The contraceptive injection is not as good an idea as you think it is, believe me! 10st5 to 15st9 is no joke! And you'll still be trying to loose the weight at 26!

Tour with CoRo, don't even think about not going, it's great and you'll have some fantastic memories and great friends.

Keep up the walking, start running, your knee can take it! Don't let Rachel dye your hair dark, she misses bits and you end up having it cut mega short!

There will be people who come in and out of your life, don't worry about it, it wasn't meant to be. Go to the Dr, admitting you need anti depressants does NOT make you weak!"

Replies

• hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Stay in School.

Stop smoking weed.

Listen & Stop humiliating your boss(es) because you are more verbose than them!

In ten years you will meet the "dirtiest" partner, AVOID THAT STINKING SCUM, brain to **** AVOID THAT STINKING SCUM:mad:

Buy your first flat & get on the property market early.

Sex isn't everything.

Love ISN'T lust!

Russ
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would tell the 18 year old me to spend more time laughing, and being a carefree teenager, because once you are grown there is no going back, and there is nothing like the days you spend laying in the hammock drinking a margarita, listening to some chill jams and smoking a j. I would have also added that the benefits of birth control may outweigh the side effects! ;)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    - Stop doing coke.
    - Go to school
    - Love yourself
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Does walking around behind him and pointing out when girls are actually interested in him count??

18 year old me had some truly awful self esteem issues.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Do NOT eat beef or chicken in Mexico.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Invest in Microsoft!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Just say no...he's not THAT CUTE! ( Former Ex-husband!)
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Dear Elle, please don't be so hard on yourself, you're really not that bad. Comfort eating does not comfort in the long run. Medical school is just around the corner, if you would just STAY AT SCHOOL! Do apply to Disneyworld, you'll have a great time.

P.S. You're going to be just fine.
    xx
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Prob go something like:

"Hey dumbass... quit smoking NOW! Don't wait til later!"

"When you do get in shape... Why are you laughing? You will get in shape and, when you do, stay that way!"

"Relax, this military thing is gonna work out just fine!"

"You're gonna love the next 30 years!"

"BUT, that one night when you come into the house late at night and get that hilarious idea of keeping quiet and scaring your wife? DON'T!!"
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Don't get married next year!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The people who are telling you how great academic careers are are the ones those careers worked out for--take everything they say with a grain of salt. My 18 year old self would not have listened.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Stop smoking. (I did eventually quit about 4 months ago)
    Stop being such a wussy
    Lift weights
    Find some confidence cause you are fecking fabulous, you just don't see it!
    :)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Do your homework and stop talking so much in class so you can go to university.
    Don't ever cut your hair short again.
    Don't stress out about high school drama. You won't be friends with half these people forever anyways.
    Remember that your mom is the only person who will always be there for you!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Party hard because you're getting knocked up next year.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the Asian chicks. :)
  • katief1982
    katief1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself university is worth it

Enjoy being slim

Your true friends are worth so much - and will still be right here in 10 years time

You look ok, but life is better at 19!!!

Enjoy everything and waste no time worrying because **** happens and you are strong enough to deal with it

With love from the wiser me
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Still 18 here, :happy: but thanks for the advice, ha ha
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Do not let yourself stop working out when you transfer to art school, it's not worth it and you WILL be disappointed in yourself.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    -Dont fall for the cute Capital One salesman, eventually a black president will come in and make sure dumb 18 year olds like yourself arent given $500 limit credit cards

-I know omelette bars, all you can eat pizza and belgian waffles are awesome...but please eat wiser in the dining commons

-Avoid Bacardi 151...you will do some very foolish things
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Exercise at uni... walk more to uni (it wasn't far) don't go mental on the booze and comfort eat your way through exam time... it took me to my third year to get sorted...