Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5'4 here and my first goal is to get to 140. Then maybe 130-120 range. But who knows maybe i'll like being in the 140 area. Same here though. I don't want to just be skinny (although sometime I do feel like that) but Fit and healthy. Being smaller is just half the work and I wanna do 100%:laugh:
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    At 147 lbs. and 5'3", I'm currently a size 8 (Canada). Prior to joining MFP, I set my goal weight at 139.5 lbs, which puts me at the high end of a healthy BMI (I have a small/medium frame but big boobs). However, it seems like everyone else around my height is aspiring for under 120 lbs. so now I've started questioning myself that maybe I'm half-assing my weight loss. :huh:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm 5'2 and looking to be in the 150's or a size 8 pant. I'm currently in a 12 sometimes 10.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't even think i can fit one leg into a size 2 pant.. or that i would every be able to.

Im 5'7" and going for around 150 - 160.
    Same! Im also 5'7 and currently a size 10. Id be happy in an 8 but anything smaller and Id look terrible!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 8/10 for right now. With my build I don't think I could be a size 2 and probably would look sickly if I got there. I love my curves
  • BLR2JLR
    BLR2JLR Posts: 38
    Options
    Right now I’m 126 my jeans are a 9/10 feeling good my goal is 5/6 and yes I have a big booty and thick thighs did I mention I’m only 4’9 a size 2 would not be cute on me at all :noway:

16622254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of women looking to be in the 8-12 even 14 pants size, Isnt it crazy when you see women posting this and there is such a pressure to be so much thinner. I applaud it.

I also wanted to say that my post was no way meant to offend slim women or women who are trying to get down to a size 2 , to each his or her own, and I wish you succes in any healthy weight goals that you have for yourself. There is nothing wrong with being slim as long as your not killing yourself to do so.

thank yout to everyone that offered up their 2 cents.

:happy: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooooo happy to see this post! I thought it was just me! I'm not striving to be a single digit size. My body just isn't made that way. I still want ALL OF MY CURVES! I'm looking to get down to about a size 16. I felt really good at that size and had the type of body that made men stop and stare at that size. While the only man I want to stop and stare now is my husband, it would still feel good if a man at least whistled at me. LOL Hey, we're all human. :)

I'm currently a 22, some 24's. I started at a 28/30. I love being curvy and embrace it! Having said that I can totally understand that body image is different for everyone. If you feel good being a size 2, 4, 6, GO FOR IT! We're all different, just the way God intended it to be. He didn't make us "one size fits all" for a reason.
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    At 147 lbs. and 5'3", I'm currently a size 8 (Canada). Prior to joining MFP, I set my goal weight at 139.5 lbs, which puts me at the high end of a healthy BMI (I have a small/medium frame but big boobs). However, it seems like everyone else around my height is aspiring for under 120 lbs. so now I've started questioning myself that maybe I'm half-assing my weight loss. :huh:

At a 67 pound weight loss, TRUST ME, you're definitely not half assing your weight loss! Forget what everyone else your height is aspiring for. Do what works and FEELS best for your body!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Point the first: There is no such thing as "half-assing" weight loss unless you quit before you reach your goal.
    Point the second: Your goal is individual. The only person you're competing with/against is yourself. Do not compare yourselves to others; just strive to be the healthiest you can be.
    Point the third: Healthy does not equal skinny/fat/curvy/flat/any other adjective. Healthy means healthy.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Your post made me chuckle. I am a 44 year old woman. On January 12, 2012, I tipped the scales at 321 pounds!!! (I cried) I was in a size 30-32 pants. (I cried) Today, I am down to 264 lbs, in a size 26 pants, but even those are loose, but don't have the courage yet to squeeze into a size 24. When I graduated high school, I was 5 ft 9 and weight 145 pounds. Of course, I thought i was fat. I was in a size 12 pants cause I had nice "child bearing hips". I will never be a size 2, nor would I want that. My goal is to get down to 180, and even at that, I would still be considered "overweight". I am slowly working my way to that goal. I just want to be able to buy clothes off the rack that actually fit me, and not have to worry about wearing "frumpy" clothes. I want to be healthy and have my dr's crap themselves when they see how much weight I have lost! :) Baby steps.....I didn't get this sexy over night and it isn't going to come off over night. I personally think that people who are a size 2 don't look healthy at all. Stick with what YOU are comfortable with and don't let anyone tell you any differently. We are all beautiful in our own ways. :) Good luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :) Paula

Wow, I'm flabbergasted at your line about people who are a size 2 don't look healthy at all! Wow, just wow. Are you telling me that I don't look healthy in my profile pic? That's news to me. Stop hating on those of us who are a size 2. Everyone's body type is different, you know?
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0/1 or 2 in some sizes and have a very nice, fit, curvy figure. I have good muscle tone and eat 1,800+ calories. I like my size :)
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I could never maintain a size 2. I think it depends on how you are built and personal preference. I'm usually between a size 6-8 and that seems to "fit" me.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Your post made me chuckle. I am a 44 year old woman. On January 12, 2012, I tipped the scales at 321 pounds!!! (I cried) I was in a size 30-32 pants. (I cried) Today, I am down to 264 lbs, in a size 26 pants, but even those are loose, but don't have the courage yet to squeeze into a size 24. When I graduated high school, I was 5 ft 9 and weight 145 pounds. Of course, I thought i was fat. I was in a size 12 pants cause I had nice "child bearing hips". I will never be a size 2, nor would I want that. My goal is to get down to 180, and even at that, I would still be considered "overweight". I am slowly working my way to that goal. I just want to be able to buy clothes off the rack that actually fit me, and not have to worry about wearing "frumpy" clothes. I want to be healthy and have my dr's crap themselves when they see how much weight I have lost! :) Baby steps.....I didn't get this sexy over night and it isn't going to come off over night. I personally think that people who are a size 2 don't look healthy at all. Stick with what YOU are comfortable with and don't let anyone tell you any differently. We are all beautiful in our own ways. :) Good luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :) Paula

Wow, I'm flabbergasted at your line about people who are a size 2 don't look healthy at all! Wow, just wow. Are you telling me that I don't look healthy in my profile pic? That's news to me. Stop hating on those of us who are a size 2. Everyone's body type is different, you know?

Agreed with you - I look healthy also and I am a small size. Now in my ticker I am at 151 and that is NOT healthy looking I was in horible health!
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think it's unfair to label any particular size as "unhealthy." People who say "Size 2 is unhealthy!!!!" are fat and jealous, and that's the end of the story. I'm a size 14 right now, and in my DREAMS I'm a size two. In reality will I ever be a size two? No. I was a size 10 at one point in my life and my goal is to drop to an 8 or 6. Would I look "unhealthy" as a size 2? Who the f@$k knows?? I'll never get there to find out!!!! LOL!

Take a break from the skinny bashing. It's just very unbecoming and downright mean.
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    Lol some of these topics sure get heated.

Going by the title of what the original post is about 'anyone on here not looking to be a size two' I have to say 'me!!' I'm 5ft2 and a half and 155pnds and a size 6 or 7 (canada) and was very happy to see this topic (for the most part lol), I have seen lots of posts for my height where people are shooting for under 110, that's sooooo not for me and I was starting to think maybe I was doing something wrong, I don't think I'm built to be that small, I would like to be around 140 probably not much lower, I am quite ok with my size with the exception of my darn baby belly!!! So i may still go down a size or two only because of the non spot reducing thing, but I am seeing progress in my belly and that's the main thing for me!!
  • philly3047
    philly3047 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is to be 145-150
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and at about 137lbs right now, size 4. When I started I was at about 155lbs and a size 8/10. I never set out to be a certain size, it just kind of happened. Still feel like I have enough curves :) Good luck!
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what size I wanna be.. I just know I don't wanna be in the obese or over weight category.. lol I can't really do too much about it right now.. but I will a few weeks after giving birth.. I don't see how I'll EVER be smaller than a 12 in ladies jeans.. lol my hips are friggin wide!! Pregnant with my second baby boy.. I didn't think they'd spread again but yep.. they did. lol I don't think they'll go back either cause it's my third. lol But I do hope to get some resemblance of my body back and be healthy. :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5 and I will never be a size 2. Its just not how I am built. I am ok with that. I don't have a goal weight or a goal size. I don't care. I have a look I want to look like and that is it. I will say, when I am happiest, I usually weight between 140-150.
    A few weeks before I competed in my first figure competition I ordered a Lululemon tank top in size 8. As lean as I was then, I will never be able to wear smaller than than their size 8 if the shirt has a built in because of my rib cage. I am ok with that.

People look very different at different sizes. There is no "right' size for a particular height.

As for curves, even at my leanest, I still maintained an hourglass figure, 10 inches between my waist and bust, bust and hips the same. YOu can still be curvy and lean.