Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was happy to be able to cross my legs at the knee, too!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was happy to be able to cross my legs at the knee, too!

LOL - I was sorta complaining about my knee hurting and a co-worker asked me why I was sitting there with my legs crossed if it was bothering me. I just looked at her and said "because I can"! I think only a person who hasn't been able to do that for so long, would understand.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    In the last 2 weeks:

I have lost 1.5% body fat, and half an inch on both my hips and arms.

I ran my longest distance ever, 8.7 miles, and my two fastest 5k's ever, both under 30 minutes.
  • monkey_la_femme
    monkey_la_femme Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon, sitting at my desk, I reached up to unroll my favorite elastic belt (it always rolls up when I sit down too long, pushed out of place by a bulging tummy) and realised it was fine. Not only that, but it usually starts to pain me around home time and I tuck it in my bag before I get on the tram but I wore it all the way home yesterday and then out to dinner with no problems.

Just thinking about that belt today helped me control the dreaded Menstrual Munchies.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans that were a size too small a few months ago. I decided to try them on today and they're actually baggy!
  • awake_atlast
    awake_atlast Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today, some awesome thing happened! I turned down food! A little background: I am the guy who eats whatever he sees :D Whenever I am in a food place with my buddies if anyone wont eat anything of his/her meal.. just gives it to me, I always want more.. So it happened today and I said: "no thanks, I don't want it" every one just gasped and said "WTF just happened??" :D

Turning down food offers.. that's my new NSV..
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    My trainer just told me i was developing "Wicked definition" in my shoulders and I kicked *kitten* on my lunges and rack pull tonight.
  • kayleelvh16
    Options
    Realizing that exercising has become habit, not something I dread. I plan my food intake the day before so I can stay on track. started c25k 2.5 weeks ago and I WILL be running a 5k race July 1st! I know I can do it! :)
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My doctor finally took me off blood pressure medication after years and years of having HBP because of my weight.

It has dropped to normal (even too low with the medication).
  • luvp1nk
    luvp1nk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitting into jeans that are two sizes smaller, the ones that never fit when I bought them.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The day I put on my size 10 jeans and didn't have to suck it in to button and zip and I put on a blouse I haven't worn in three years and could actually button it across my chest and get it over my biceps!! Everytime I try on a piece of clothing that I couldn't wear last year and it fits this year I am excited and know that what I am doing is working!!! AND when people I haven't seen in months tell me how great I look.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)

Awww that is the best one :)
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Had one in my class today. Embarassing but cute. I taught a Zumba class and from the back, one of my mouthy girls screams out, "Your butt looks hot!!"

Note to self, *always wear these pants* :)

That made me laugh out loud!
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    quitting soda, cutting way back on junk food, booze and eating out.. and making thru 30 mins of aerobic exercise classes with out having to stop and rest :smile:
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Having my success story published at my gyms locations around Maryland!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

This for me as well. And I keep having to use smaller sizes on my belt. Clothes I couldn't wear the last few summers fit again.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I recentley completed my first century ride (103 miles) on my mountain bike last Saturday...took 9 hours with temps exceeding 100 degrees !!!
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    These stories are so motivating! I just started cardio two weeks ago and logging calories about a week ago but I already feel so much better. More energy and I want to make good food choices! I'm consciously upping my water intake. I want to get out and walk/jog or bike ride or play with my son on the playground.

I'm so looking forward to more NSVs!
  • mrsknash
    mrsknash Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is nothing compared to yours, but for me it's huge... I have just completed my first workout in over 5 years, and the it's the first time I've ever done an entire workout without skipping bits or quitting before the end. I am officially doing the 30 day shred!! :-)
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mine's a little one:
    I have a very athletic extended family and we were all staying at a lake house...or rather two separate lake houses about a 1/4 mile away because there's so many of us. I was in the water at one house, started swimming to the other, and my two (very fit and athletic) uncles jumped in after me. They never caught up, and once we all got to the house my one uncle turned to me and said, "Man, you hauled *kitten* over here!!!" He's not a very effusive man, so that comment felt so good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!