Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Different shops have different sizes. The following website allows you to put in your measurements and get the dress size for the shop listed (UK and US):
    http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Size 2!!! No thanks I want to be healthy and look good not skeletal.
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    Size 2? Not sure what size that is in UK size but it sounds small haha!

I'm 5ft10" and 189lb (started at 231) and a size well in the middle of a 14 and 16 UK. My aim is 168 to 175ib and around a size 12 anything below size 12 and I would look really really stupid as I am tall and well built. My aim is to be toned not skinny :)
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Different shops have different sizes. The following website allows you to put in your measurements and get the dress size for the shop listed (UK and US):
    http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

thank you for posting that site :) I've been trying to find what size I am, just got totally confused by different shops (and their websites) having different measurements for each size, so that site has been extremely useful :)

With regards the debate on the thread, different people have different sized skeletons. It's not just about how tall/short you are, there's a lot of variation in rib cage, pelvis and shoulder size (i.e. frame size) and this will have a big effect on what size you are when you have a healthy amount of body fat. Some women with 20% body fat will be size 2 (uk 6) others will be size 6 (uk 10) and the healthy range of body fat is 18-25% (slightly more for older women), and that variation, plus variation in frame size will mean that there are short women with very small frames who are size 2 (6) or even size 0 (4) who are in the healthy range of body fat percentage - and those women would probably have too much body fat at a size 6 (10) or 8 (12) and not look good or healthy at those sizes.... and then there are tall women with large frames who would never be able to be a size 2 without being in the advanced stages of starvation and way below the healthy body fat % range, but who would look lean and fit at size 6 (10) or 8 (12). Size is just a number and what makes you look fit and healthy is having the right body fat % and having strong, healthy bones and muscles and a healthy complexion (which all comes from good nutrition and exercise). What size you actually are when you achieve that depends a lot on the size of your skeleton to begin with, and there is a LOT of variation, and you can't change the size of your skeleton, you can only increase bone density (and bone health) by doing weight bearing exercises. (and that will make you heavier while your dress size stays the same)

So IMO aim for healthy, fit and lean, and if that happens to be size 2 for you, then great :) and if it happens to be size 8 or 10 for you then that's also great :) we're all different and that's great :)
  • little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8, and my goal weight is 145. That would put me firmly in a size 8 (maybe a 6 depending on some sizes)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is 160 - according to mybodygallery.com, that could be anything from a size 6 to a size 12. I'm not opposed to size 2, I just don't think it's humanly possible on my large frame. :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body shape. Some people are just built small. At the beginning of this new lifestyle I was 190 and 5'11. Not very overweight, just overweight for me. My normal range was always 170-180. I'm now about 154 and in either a 6/8 pants depending on the garment. S/M Shirts. I've never in my adult life worn such small sizes. I bought 2 pair of pants on Saturday from Macy's in a size 4. But I'm seeing bones in places now, couldn't get much thinner without looking sick. But I know some 5'11 women who look incredible in a size 2. It's all proportion. Everyone is beautiful, you just have to work it!
  • steph25723
    steph25723 Posts: 10
    Options
    Me. I'm 5'4.5" and am just trying for around 150-160 for now. I will re-evaluate once I get there but I've gone back and looked through old phones of when I was around that weight and am happy with the way I looked. i don't want to be stick thin. Just a nice healthy, curvy frame would be great. Plus the hubby made a few demands during the weight loss like: "don't lose the butt or the boobs', lol. Happy to oblige him there since I happen to like those as well. :blushing:

My goal 150, and I'm 5'5". That's a weight that puts my BMI in the healthy range, and I feel strong and healthy at that weight.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I think I'd look awful as a size 2.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't even think i can fit one leg into a size 2 pant.. or that i would every be able to.

Im 5'7" and going for around 150 - 160.

This!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I never wanted to be a size 2 (my hips are too wide anyways).. I just wanted to lose weight.. I would have loved to keep my curves, but I lost them along with the rest of my fat, sadly. So I decided to "build" curves by lifting weights... My poor boobs will never look the same, but the rest of me looks pretty good. Thank you, squats! lol
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    5'7 here and my goal weight is 170. I should be a size 8 when I reach it. I think the lowest I ever want to go is 155-160 and I think I will a 6 by then :)
  • xsaribarix
    xsaribarix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9'' and at my highest weight (157) I was a size 16/18. Now I border around a 16/14, sometimes 12. I'm hoping to be a size 4/6 at my goal of 100 lbs., with a BMI of 22. That's the size I was at that weight, and I was comfortable and natural for me, since I have a bust and a fuller waist being apple-shaped. I would have to do some pretty extreme/unhealthy things to be a size 2, and that is just not who I am anymore. :D
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just want to be comfortable and get rid of some of my celulite. I would never be smaller than a UK size 12 (currently a UK 16)
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be a size 4-6. I am 5'8 and currently a size 8, but with my frame I think I could be slimmer. I'm probably going to start lifting later in the year which should help my slim down process!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for size 14.. would love to be a size 12 (uk sizes) ;) you are not alone!:flowerforyou:
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    I"M 5'8 and 143 right now...I feel like it's too skinny because I can see my ribs, but I'm trying to lose 3 more pounds to get rid of the last little bit of my tummy and hip warmers. Then I will up my calories when I start lifting to tone more and build muscle. So hopefully as long as I eat clean and lift...I won't get any fat, and it will hopefully be lean muscle. I'm in a 12-13 juniors or I guess a 6-8 misses. I don't really think I will go down in size as my hips won't allow that. To tell you the truth, I'm very happy with that...I just want to get rid of the giggle on top of my pants :) I wish you all the best!!! Good luck in your calories slashing, tummy tightening, healthy living adventure ;)
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 2" and am a uk 14 once i am at my goal which i am aiming for the high end of healty BMI of 25 i hope to be a size 12 i would be very happy :smile:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have no intention of not being curvy anymore! I'm six foot and my goal is a size 12!
  • Jokki
    Jokki Posts: 2
    Options
    Im somewhere around your height, but im Swedish and I only know for sure in centimeters and in that measurement Im 165cm, it that tells you anything. Im 134 lbs right know, but my goal is 128. Maybe I sound like one of those who wants to be a size 2, but thats not the case. I play soccer and would benefit enormously by loosing that amount of weight, plus Im a curvy person and I could never starve, I love food too much and just need to focus on eating just that, food, and not a lot of crap like candy, ice cream and food containing a lot of carbs.

But I do understand what you mean, this thing with dieting goes to some peoples head..