ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

Pretty sure you mean crucified. Unless you became a crucifix....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've got 12lbs to go and it's SO HARD. Can only imagine how hard it will be on my last 5lbs.

Maybe people only found this site after losing 134lbs and have 5 to go?

Or maybe they didn't.

Who CARES?
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

Lolololz!
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Are you serious, this is a website to promote health & fitness, everyone has different goals, and I was one of those people that needed to loose 5 lbs and guess what MFP helped me to do just that!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

oh my bad... thanks for noticing my error.. Grammar police always rocks!
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm safe. 6 pounds away. I UNDERSTAND YOUR SENTIMENT OP!!!....Everyone tryin' to lose 5 pounds, theres people like me, who need to lose 6 and stuff
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    There are people here who want to GAIN weight too. Gain muscle, lose fat. Etc. I see nothing wrong with any of it. If someone wants to lose 5 pounds then good for them! I think we are all here to be FIT. And to some people losing 5 pounds will make them fitter. It's really great for anyone. I don't see the problem really.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OP i hope u gain 5 pounds. seriously WHO CARES how much weight people want to lose.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm still here just trying to maintain. It has helped to keep recording and being accountable. I'd still like to lose some more but mainly I just don't want to gain it all back.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    ** adds popcorn to food diary **
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I only correct those with completely retarded comments. Such as the above.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    ** adds popcorn to food diary **

Want some butter :wink:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My pet peeeve is when everyone just says WTG, great burn, way to stay under your calorie goal. But they never look at the diary, the person has a blocked diary, the diary shows they ate tons of fat or all unhealty fast food. Be freaking honest with me....like:

Why the Hell are you eating all that fast food!!! Or are you an Alcoholic you drink everyday!!!!

SOooo....I like to drink!

And actually, when I first started here i had no idea about calories, fats, protein, sodium....nothing!! When I began I first got my calories in check, and even though still eating crap foods, I still lost. Over time, I started learning about the rest. I'm STILL learning how to eat healthier, but have come a long way.

Pretty sure this IS why the people you speak of keep their diary's closed. LoL.
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss. Whatever helps you feel better about yourself girlfriend.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hate the confusion:

If I dont eat enough calories I will gain, If i eat too much I will gain.

If I drink Body By Vi shake I will die of Soy poisoning or something.

everyone is a nutritionist, but they want answers from others

nobody here knows if they should or shouldnt eat their exercise calories

and there is not enough talk about my favorite subject: SEX
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I only correct those with completely retarded comments. Such as the above.

Its MY opinion.. You dont like?, I dont care!, to each their own
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Every pound should be celebrated. EVEN FIVE.

(singing)

Every pound is sacred!
    Every pound is great!
    If a pound is wasted,
    God gets quite irate!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You never know how ignorant people are until they start a "Topic"
    *pats her on head and sends down the road*
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I changed my mind
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    serious question to the OP... so what's gonna happen when you're almost at goal... & you've got only 5lbs left to lose? are you going to want people being irked and peeved by it? or would u rather they be supportive & encouraging of it? you might want to try rethinking your pet peeve dear... we ALL had to start somewhere... & whether we have 5 or 50 lbs to lose, we're all in this together, right... good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.