Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and not a public person, i prefer to not have my picture plastered everywhere. Maybe one day, but for now, no.
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have had a pic of me being used since day one. I have added some new ones recently. I decided to use the real me to let others know that I am really plush.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Like many others, not many pics of me out there. Always hid from the camera. Also I prefer to perserve some personal privacy. Was not embarrassed by my weight - please note the FAT Cats. I gladly claim my weight and am proud of the strides I have made to lose the weight.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I use this picture to remind myself that the weight will not just walk away while I sleep. Unless aliens are seeding the planet, in which case all of my bones and internal organs may be vaporized and turned into cuddly marketable plushies to be bought by geeks everywhere. Wait, what?
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nah, I had a photo of me with a paper mustache on. lol. I'm not afraid of showing my silly self. However, I only posted one picture of my whole body. Hopefully, I'll post more. :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty. :blushing:
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I used my own photo until recently then changed it to a gaming avatar a few days and now my kitties:) I have my photos before and after on my banner now. I was only 280's when I joined and not my highest weight. It isn't like people can't see you irl anyway!
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was shy to use my picture at first, but after a couple weeks I dared myself to put one up as my profile pic. It's just my face though. I was embarrassed and still am of my body, and although I take pics for comparison, I still hate to post them up. I lost 50 lbs so far, but I can't really see any difference but I know there is because my clothes are big on me now lol.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    <--- with a kid this cute, how could i not put up a picture of me. lol.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I first started it was me, it will always be me. No matter my shape or form. I'm not embarrassed, I'm doing this for me, and I don't care what people think. There are people who are smaller than me, there are people who are larger than me. I'm okay with that. I've come to realize that this journey is all about me. It's my own selfish right, and it not only benefits me, it benefits my family and friends, because a healthier me is a happier me. So, I don't really care if someone sees my "fat" pictures, I'm all about pictures. Big or small, it's still me on the inside.

THIS!!!! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yep that would be me...I put up a pic of my mini doxie for the first couple months...I think my first photo of myself was in about October. I started in June...

I honestly did not have any photos of myself...that I knew of. However, I have since gotten my hands on 5 photos that were taken (without my permission lol) at my heaviest. I used to be TERRIFIED of the camera. :ohwell:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I didnt put up a photo of me, at first, because I didnt have a recent one. I just got around to using the web cam to take one.

I got my b/f to take "before" shots of me, which I will share when I have made some progress.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    It's easier to be honest when you're anonymous - hence a virtual, online support group.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i use random pics because i just don't take pics and the ones i have taken are just for me and my family.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've never been embarrassed by my appearance but I'm using this site to stay on track, so my photos are all of healthy food choices so that when I log on several times a day, I'm advertising healthy options that appeal to me so I crave those options and make better choices.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    it is what it is, right?:tongue:

I'm loving your "Grapes of Wrath" pic :laugh:
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm still using a random photo, but thanks to encouragement from a friend, I have other pics up :)
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use this picture to remind myself that the weight will not just walk away while I sleep. Unless aliens are seeding the planet, in which case all of my bones and internal organs may be vaporized and turned into cuddly marketable plushies to be bought by geeks everywhere. Wait, what?

Hehe, I have a Property of Adipose shirt that I wear sometimes when I workout.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/ea45/?cpg=froogle
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    nope...that's me to the left :wink:
  • bellag1962
    Options
    I posted a picture of a gardenia because they are my favorite flower and believe me, you would much rather see it than a picture of me.