Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Replies

• Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    <
    this guy...I just love looking at him..
  • :love: Well, now who could blame you? :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    um...
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    My 1st pic was a pic of my face. Now I have a pic of my arm :D
  • <
    this guy...I just love looking at him..

Well, now who could blame you? :love:
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    I used a picture of me, it was what I looked like when I started. Then I posted a few more, now it's a random pic since I haven't taken a new one and I'm tired of the old one (I like to see something different every few months).
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    :love: Well, now who could blame you? :)

My husband jokes...says he is my Hollywood husband...
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    I use a fake one because I'm usually kind of mean in the forums...but I also made that picture, so I'm showing off my artwork.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Mine is a legit photo.

You are what you eat, right?
    10163715_1502.jpg
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    I used one of myself...the weight has never defined me...I was still a happy person on the inside and managed to work with what I had on the outside....I just got tired of living life with that body...I have TONS of pictures of when I was over weight many can't say that because of the feelings they had for their weight...Congrats to your success and I would say to anyone new to MFP...Be proud of you making a difference for your life and beating the odds with starting....
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    I'm new here, but used to post on another exercise website. I never used my own pic but not because I'm embarrassed of my looks. I just want privacy & prefer to talk about certain things without the world knowing who I am. :)

She said it so much better than me. That is the exact reason I don't have a picture of myself out there.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    I put up my own photo and then had two photos that were encouragement of the size I use to be. I am now closer than ever to goal :-)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    I've been on MFP for 4.5 months, and I just recently switched to a non-me picture.

Sometimes you just don't want people looking at your face, on the internet or otherwise.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    There are lots of current and previous pictures of me floating out there in cyberspace. I am who I am, trying hard to be the best that I can be at this very moment. I use a representative avatar because I want to be known by my words, not by what people may assume they know about me or by how they may nor may not identify with me from how I look. I believe I'll get more from the site that way.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    I have to use pics like this because ladies get too excited and send me creepy PMs when I have my profile picture of myself up. Something about my eyes.

My heart flutters at the sight of your eyes. Your tiny, tiny eyes.
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    LOL... Um. 'Nuff said.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I did not have a photo up at first but it was not related to me being ashamed of what I looked like... Well, I wasn't happy with how I looked but that was not the reason. I was unsure how the site worked and I did not want my photo floating for students and such to find out the account was indeed mine and start delving into my personal business... Once I trusted it a bit more, I posted one.. after a couple of months.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< self explanatory lol
  • msmelin
    msmelin Posts: 3
    I put up my own fat mug...reason being is that I need to be honest with myself. What better way than to have all 238 lbs of honesty staring right back at me.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    I don't feel comfortable posting a real picture yet, I hate the way I look at the moment. I'm sure it will change in the future. A lot of my friends who started at the same time/are a similar weight have been brave enough to post real pictures and I admire them so much for that.

My sentiments exactly. My pic is actually me but from 1994, just 3 months after giving birth to my daughter. I'm hoping to get to that point by the end of this summer (or pretty close). Maybe by July I will update my pic to the present.