For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been loosing consistently. I am 5'8" tall and so far have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks with only 5 lbs to go to reach my goal of 56 kg (123? Lbs). I never go hungry and always exercise my food intake then some. However nearly all my food is what I consider high performance which is either super nutritious or provides good liver and digestion nutrients, your fat burning and waste elimination and goodness absorption centres. I also take supplements that are known to help with weight loss, such as mega B group vitamins, 2 gms of fish oil for omega 3, liver vitamin mix, vitamin C, and as I am in my 50's I top with a calcium with D vitamin, also one gender/ age specific multivitamin. This may sound a lot but necessary given the the calorie and exercise (cardio and weights) that I do. However, this episode has been quite revealing. Not only have I after pushing past sore muscles etc now extremely light on my feet and quicker in motion but my skin and EYESIGHT ! Have improved. Clearly I must have been missing some vital nutrients for even my eyesight to be effected! As we age we may not be absorbing nutrients from our food as once we did, leaving us with a shortfall. I also top with probiotics.
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ugh, it feels like it's taken FOREVER to lose 10lbs (it took 2 months), and I want to lose another 10-15lbs! I am not a patient person so it's reeeeally hard.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i know! i dont know wtf? i do indulge, im definitly not perfect, but i work out like a crazy person most days. my lil ones been sick, so ivew been taking it easy the past cpl days. im hoping that the lack of activity will help me kinda slow down enough for it to make a deiffernce whrn i get back in. i dont know.
  • trandolph2007
    Options
    I started out at 172 and had lost 10 pounds when I found out I was pregnant last year at this time. I was really careful about how much and what I ate during pregnancy, and it was hard because I was on bedrest for the last two and a half months. In December i had another beautiful little girl, and started exercising in February. Got down to 152, then my LO had to go back into hospital for surgery. Spending a week in the hospital and not being able to exercise or control what I was putting into my body (cafeteria food) had me gaining 4 pounds back. So, I'm at 156, have about 30 pounds to go, and it is HARD! Before Jamie was in the hospital I was fighting to get every pound off, such a battle!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Here too. I have under 10 to lose and have been stuck. On this plateau. Forever. I've tried so many things, and am trying to be patient. I am just starting Power 90, no small feat for me at 52, but I am determined to do it.

Me too! 10 pounds to lose. Started working out 5days a week in January. Started MFP at end of Mar. Have only lost 5 ( f-i-v-e ) pounds. Soooo frustrating. I must add, however, that I FEEL much better. Some of my long asleep muscles are waking up and that feels great. Still I wish it would come off a bit faster. 5 pounds/ 5 months !!! Slow as molasses. Age 54 and still kicking come this Friday! : )
    PS Was daunted but began 30 day shred last week. Ok, so far. Hope to be injury free by day 30.
  • dmarie5979
    dmarie5979 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm so glad I saw this, just this morning I was feeling frustrated just how slow going it is to lose about 20 - 30 lbs, I lost about 8lbs before joining mfp, I know slow is better, but still, sometimes it's hard to feel patient!
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Right here!!! Ive started only wanting to lose thirty lbs!! Its been a month and only lost 5 lbs. :grumble:
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    On the plus side...we have to learn to focus on more than the NUMBER...since it doesn't move! 9 left to go...

Focusing on the positives...

-- I find my clothes are fitting better and pants are bigger even though scale doesn't move! We do get conditioned to live by the number, so during these times we focus on healthier eating and exercising...a good thing!

-- We are in this for the long haul so keep at it!
    -- look at your weight loss patterns. I find that I do go for 3-4 weeks without losing, then have a 2 lb loss...get to know your INDIVIDUAL patterns...it may encourage you!

Susan
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Right here!!! Ive started only wanting to lose thirty lbs!! Its been a month and only lost 5 lbs. :grumble:

Though I know this doesn't change how much you have to lose, look at it a different way. On average you are losing 1.25 pounds per week, which is a great pace, and very good for your body! The struggle may come a little later. I have gained and lost the same pound since about April 20th. But I am at that point where I have about 6 or 7 to go. It may end up that I don't actuallt get there, but instead reduce body fat and ignore the scale (trying to wrap my mind around that after a lifetime of weighing-in).
  • BarbieKen1959
    Options
    hi.. 52 years old as well.. trying to lose 15 lbs. seems like i have to exercises twice as long.. my arms look like milk jugs but my waist is smaller..
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't really have weight to lose, just want to convert about 20 lbs of fat into 20 lbs of muscle!

wish it worked that way. Fat is adipose tissue..muscle is lean tissue. They are different tissues. One cannot "convert" to the other. You have to work to lose one...then work to gain the other. work work!!!

I know. What I meant by it was I want to drop 20 lbs of fat and put on 20 lbs of muscle.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am finally in the 30 lbs left club. I started off with 50 so hoping it won't get hard until 10. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been recycling the same 2-4 lbs for about 3 months I have 11lbs to go but can't seem to get pass this 140lb mark i know once I do it is game on...

I have notice that I am going out more and I have starting social drinking on weekends so I am sure this is the reason I just need to focus but I am so happy with the way I look and feel I want to go out and PARTAY (party) LOL

CHEERS! AND DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN
    Good Luck
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I too only need about 15 more lbs to go! I've lost 11 so far....at a snails pace! It's so frustrating!! Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm with yah!

Previous weight: 174 lbs (May 1,2012)
    need to reach : 155 lbs marker ( before July 2012)
    Target weight : 144 lbs (August 1, 2012)
  • ayoubm3949
    ayoubm3949 Posts: 81
    Options
    I've been trying to lose the last 12 pounds for the past 2 years :( it sucks
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Last 15lbs to go, been a few weeks now and no budging.
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    Its been years that I have been stalling and working to get off the last 15-20lbs...it drives me crazy...so crazy that I was so frusterated that I just ate and stopped working out...gained 10lbs ....I have rrecently lost those ten lbs and I am back to stalling at this dang 15/20lb mark!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!