For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• llmichalek
    llmichalek Posts: 48
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds of baby weight in 6 months. I have spent the last SEVEN MONTHS trying to lose the last 10 pounds! I haven't lost an ounce. I've tried everything. Starving myself, diet pills, low carb, low fat, veggie cleanses...I also run 2-3 miles a day and do strength training. I started MFP 35 days ago, and was told by everyone that I needed to eat more. I upped my calories for exactly 30 days to 1600-1800 a day. I didn't lose or gain an ounce. Now I'm back on low carbing it. Seriously, it makes me want to just go eat pizza and sit on the couch and give up.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    ditto! it took me almost 5 months to lose 30 pounds....although I'd like to lose another 20 and be at 140 it is going reaaaallly slow now :/

that's rather fast actually--1.5 pounds a week.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have 20 more lbs to lose to be at my goal weight of 150, but after losing 100lbs I don't really know if I have 20 lbs of fat to lose only! I'm sure a good sizeable amount of that is skin too. ;-6 *Blah*

Right now I'm doing Les Mill PUMP/ Insanity hybrid and on month 2/ week 6. Getting measurements taken tomorrow! I know I've lost inches and toned UP, but I am frustrated with the fact I put on 4lbs. Not going to let it get me sideways tho!

I'll finish my routine in July and do the Ultimate Reset in August followed by Tai Cheng to complete the year. Excited! Everything is coming off slowly, BUT surely!

Please add me! I do need some extra motivators on my friends list. :-D Thanks all!

Sara
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    i need to lose like 40 pounds so that i can weigh 100 pounds! it's so hard for me to lose weight

Hi fellow Lehigh Valley neighbor...hmmm bored a bit online tonight... you look 15 by the way ^.^ 100 seems a bit low though. I just can't wait to get my BMI to "normal"
  • osubrndn
    osubrndn Posts: 32
    Options
    i went a week and half without losing any weight and so i went a week w\out weighing myself and was 4 pounds lighter when i weighed today...pretty good feeling to break through a plateau...its always bound to happen..i have about 15-20 max to go.
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have about 13lbs more to lose and it is so frustrating! I've been trying to get to 120lbs for the longest time! Back in 2007, I weighed 155lbs. I started counting calories and exercising and dropped 20 lbs so easily! I stayed at about 135lbs until summer 2011. Then I put on about 10 lbs. Joined MFP at 145lbs and am down to 133lbs now. I have stayed at 133 for weeks now! I upped my calorie goal and started lifting weights to try to tone up. I'm 5'6" and know that I am at a healthy weight, but I have a high body fat percentage and always have, it makes me look like I weigh more than I actually do!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I am right there with everyone else. I needed to lose 14 pds to get down to my goal weight and I gained 6 pds when I went on a cruise at the beginning of April and now I can get the darn scale to move down. If it goes down one week, it goes right back up the next week. It gets so discouraging fast.
  • nanatsuiro
    nanatsuiro Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've lost 49 pounds in 9 months, I have 20 more to go, but now I'm losing soooooooo slowly (even maintaining some weeks) and it's a bit frustrating :/
  • rengb6
    rengb6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to loose 10 pounds! I am only 5 foot 1 and 110 pounds so 10 pounds would be a lot for me. But I have read books and been on running forums and 105 pounds is my perfect runners weight. So I would like to loose 10 pounds of fat and put on 5 pounds of muscle! I am starting again tomorrow and doing it right this time!
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42 lbs total since January of this year and that is with taking 2 weeks off in the beginning of February. I have 30 lbs to go until my ultimate goal and then I will reassess my goals and see where I am at. From what I hear from everyone is that the last 10, 20 or 30 is really hard. It feels like its taken forever to lose 42 lbs but then it seems like it was just yesterday I was so overweight.

I do not exercise as much as I use to bc I can not afford the gym anymore & my weather has taken a turn for the worse and it feels like winter all over again....Hopefully I can get back in to the swing of things and get moving again.
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphireblu64
    Options
    Im trying to lose 20 lbs. But i will accept every little bit that want to get lost.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is taking forever to lose. I have been the same weight giv or take a couple pound since December 2010. I just keep working out hard and eating the best I can . At this point word that Get me thru " patience + persistence = progress"
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Same....last 20 or so, up, down, up, down....

^ this for me too. I have gained and lost the same 1.5 lbs for the last month. It's very discouraging.
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    i need to lose like 40 pounds so that i can weigh 100 pounds! it's so hard for me to lose weight

Hi fellow Lehigh Valley neighbor...hmmm bored a bit online tonight... you look 15 by the way ^.^ 100 seems a bit low though. I just can't wait to get my BMI to "normal"
    100 pounds is not low for me its a good weight
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes and it seems to come off veerrryy slowly.
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started with 27 to lose and now I have 10 more to lose and I'm kinda stuck. Plus my parents are criticizing me saying I'm not eating enough which I do eat until I'm full or overly full. so I looked into the group eat more to lose less. That might help hopefully.
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    I started with 27 to lose and now I have 10 more to lose and I'm kinda stuck. Plus my parents are criticizing me saying I'm not eating enough which I do eat until I'm full or overly full. so I looked into the group eat more to lose less. That might help hopefully.
    well maybe you should tell them that you do eat untill you are full my mom sometimes says that to me and it's not that i don't eat it's that she doesn't she me eating sometimes lol
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    29 down and 17 to go. I definitely have noticed a HUGE slow down in progress, but at least I haven't gained any back! I'm very lucky to have a supportive boyfriend that keeps me motivated when I get discouraged.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    From May-August 2011 I dropped 27lbs like it was nothing, just counting calories and taking a walk every day.. now this last 15 or so I'd like to loose? Ha.. ha.. ha.. ha... yeah. I've taken up weight training which doesn't make the scale move but I felt/saw a huge difference in my body within two weeks. Plus it's nice to chase a kid on the beach and not have your thighs bounce as much, ha. I am considering just ditching my scale and getting fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!