Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I took a break from Jillian, too. Did Cathe's AfterBurn this morning (circuits 1-5) - which is equally hard but I needed to switch it up rather than doing back to back Jillian. I'll be on day 3 of week 3 RI30 tomorrow.
  • hduston
    Options
    I know the RI30 program is designed to be done everyday, but honestly it's a bit much for me every single day! I feel like I'll get way too bored so I like to rotate out....do RI30 3 days/week and then her other DVD's, Zumba, and treadmill the other days!

Do any of you ladies use a HRM? I'm thinking that it might have to be my next investment. Any words of wisdom?

I need to get a HRM, too - I think (hope) I've been underestimating my calories burned during workouts. I've used one in the past but I can't find the band that wraps around your middle and the watch needs a new battery. I may just pitch it (it's old) and get a new one. I've heard the Polar ones are really nice - my old one was a Timex.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I know the RI30 program is designed to be done everyday, but honestly it's a bit much for me every single day! I feel like I'll get way too bored so I like to rotate out....do RI30 3 days/week and then her other DVD's, Zumba, and treadmill the other days!

Do any of you ladies use a HRM? I'm thinking that it might have to be my next investment. Any words of wisdom?

I need to get a HRM, too - I think (hope) I've been underestimating my calories burned during workouts. I've used one in the past but I can't find the band that wraps around your middle and the watch needs a new battery. I may just pitch it (it's old) and get a new one. I've heard the Polar ones are really nice - my old one was a Timex.

I think I'm having the same problem with underestimating my calories burned......but knowing my luck I'm not lol I know that there are HRM's at Walmart but they don't seem very comprehensive.....I would like to get one that I can use to monitor me for the day, with total calories burned as well but I have no idea where to even start looking for such a thing! I hear a lot on the boards about ordering online but I'm a little hesitant about that and I don't know what kind of stores carry them for me actually talk to a person and get all the information!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    So I think I'm obsessed......I bought 2 more JM DVD's this morning at Walmart lol I got Extreme Shed and Shred and No More Trouble Zones. Why I needed these right now, I'm not too sure haha

I started a thread last night about ChaLean Extreme vs JM but no one has replied yet.....have any of you ladies done ChaLean Extreme? How does it compare with JM vids?
  • BuebyC
    BuebyC Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! Today is my day two of week two. It's more confusing than week one and we have to do A LOT of planks...
    Can't wait till the end of the journey! :)
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Did my day 3 of week 1 this morning. I was cutting a little short on time but did the whole workout, just instead of getting 30 minutes on the elliptical afterward only got 20....lol.

Have a great day!
  • Hello everyone!!! Level 1 day 6 of 30 DS did the whole workout but being on mother nature sucks =[ now going to do week 3 of RI30 day 1 (going backwards) here we goooo!!!!
  • hduston
    Options
    So I think I'm obsessed......I bought 2 more JM DVD's this morning at Walmart lol I got Extreme Shed and Shred and No More Trouble Zones. Why I needed these right now, I'm not too sure haha

I started a thread last night about ChaLean Extreme vs JM but no one has replied yet.....have any of you ladies done ChaLean Extreme? How does it compare with JM vids?

I think you'll really like No More Trouble Zones - I've had that one for quite a while. I usually only do the first 4-5 intervals or a combo of different intervals (instead of all 7 or 8 - I can't remember how many there are). It's challenging but no cardio segments (just all weight training/sculpting)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I guess I'm on a spend money kick today because now I just went out and bought myself a HRM! Geez, once I get something in my head......lol

I have just taken it out of the packaging but I'm super excited to give it a try!

@ hduston thanks for the heads up on No More Trouble Zones! I was actually looking for a video that is no cardio and all strength so that works perfectly for what I need!

Now if i can just get my workout room done.......since I'm already on a spending money kick maybe I should just suck it up and buy the tv eh? lol
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Day 4 Week 1 done for me this morning then my 30 on the elliptical :)

Moving right along............

See you back here tomorrow!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options

I originally bought 3 JMs and then the next time amazon had them on sale I bought 5 more!!! I'm not ready to switch either. I am still loving the ones I've been using.

No More Trouble Zones is awesome if you like strength training. Love it! I have Extreme too but haven't done it yet (it is one of my new ones).
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I think all the JM videos are great.....for those of us that love her. I cursed her again while doing the plank cardio, but that is the story of my life lol Does the plank cardio go away in level 3??? lol

Great news.....I wore my HRM this morning while I did Level 2 of RI30......burned 300 calories! I had underestimated at 200!

Now I know many of us have multiple JM DVD's but does anyone have Body Revolution? I would like to know how much it differs from all of her stand alone videos.
  • I think all the JM videos are great.....for those of us that love her. I cursed her again while doing the plank cardio, but that is the story of my life lol Does the plank cardio go away in level 3??? lol

Great news.....I wore my HRM this morning while I did Level 2 of RI30......burned 300 calories! I had underestimated at 200!

Now I know many of us have multiple JM DVD's but does anyone have Body Revolution? I would like to know how much it differs from all of her stand alone videos.

Level 3 planks ? Sorta lol the duck walk, bear crawl, & ab holds (IMO) is the hardest cause my legs start hurting lol
  • galeonrain
    Options
    It's my 4th day of Ripped in 30. I noticed I can now do the whole routine (before I am too gassed out on the last circuit). I am 180lbs and before this I have very little physical activity. I hope I can finish the whole thing up to level 4. I find the hardest part would be the push ups and the last cardio circuit because I'm too tired already. I used to joke I'd be R.I.P. in 30 days because of it. :bigsmile:
  • It's my 4th day of Ripped in 30. I noticed I can now do the whole routine (before I am too gassed out on the last circuit). I am 180lbs and before this I have very little physical activity. I hope I can finish the whole thing up to level 4. I find the hardest part would be the push ups and the last cardio circuit because I'm too tired already. I used to joke I'd be R.I.P. in 30 days because of it. :bigsmile:

Hahaha thats funny...but great job!! Are you doing 5 days or 6?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    I was a slug today and didn't do day 3. Won't tomorrow because I'm running. Maybe I can make myself on Thursday. Great job to those of you who are sticking with it! I'll get there. I'm just now used to exercising every day yet and that is throwing off my routine.
  • Ok doing duck walks and the bear crawls my legs are now feeling it i stood up to walk and I was like holly crap im sore lol but I know it will be better tomorrow I hope lol only 3 more days left of week 3 then on to week 2 =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Ok doing duck walks and the bear crawls my legs are now feeling it i stood up to walk and I was like holly crap im sore lol but I know it will be better tomorrow I hope lol only 3 more days left of week 3 then on to week 2 =]

OMG I'm so scared of the duck walks and I don't even want to know what a bear crawl is lol And you know my problem with the ab hold.....guess I'll have to substitute that move for another one AGAIN!

But no more plank cardio! Woohoo! lol
  • hduston
    Options
    The Duck walk definitely sucks - as does the bear crawl! I'm traveling for the next couple days so no JM for me. I'll be paying for it when I return!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I did level 2 this morning, I think I'm going to stick with this level for a few more days, just not happy I can't do all the advanced moves. Plank cardio stinks, but my gosh do I feel it today!!

Everyone is doing a great job!!! Wether you love her or hate her Jillian can get you in shape.

Is anyone following her meal plan??? I would love to know if the food tastes good before I completely invest in all the groceries.