America's TOP 10 Most hated people

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe someone would start a thread just to make themselves look less intelligent.

1. John Edwards didn't "do anything with boys."
    2. OJ didn't just kill his ex wife. He's now in prison for a different crime -- but that happened like a million years ago too (like 12 months!)
    3. Tiger slept with 5,000 people. People are allowed to not like him if they want.
    4. Sandusky?! Really??????? REALLY?!

This a million times over. John Edwards is on trial for embezzling money from his PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN to hide and support his girlfriend and their love child while his wife was battling cancer and raising their kids.
    OJ . . . head-desk . . . stealing in Las Vegas? Trying to profit from a “what if I did kill my wife book”? No? Doesn’t ring any bells?
    Tiger – yeah
    Sandusky is the Penn State football coach who started a foundation for underprivileged boys and then raped them.
    Seriously, I live in Charlotte, NC and only watch the local news and still know who these low lifes are and why they’re hated.

I vote for the right to have a voice and be pissed when my voice isn’t heard and things don’t go the way I want. I also write to my congress(wo)men and senators when I feel strongly about something. If you don’t give yourself a voice you’ll never get one. You pay attention because what happens in the world out there has impact on everything in your life (taxes, wages, health care and other benefits, the cost of goods, the safety of yourself and loved ones, general life preparedness). You’d be surprised by how much the purposefully ignorant negatively impact the workings of the system just by their shear complacency.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Too many vote for certain people (Obama) because it's trendy or cool without understanding the ramifications of their actions. Really is sad.

Totally agree. Now with celebrities throwing fundraising events, it just proves it's popularity over issues.

Oh I agree people vote based on trendy or "coolness" factors. Hence, why Obama is President.

I saw a funny youtube video where an interviewer asked pedestrians questions before the last election. The interviewer took McCain's policies, but said they were Obama's, and all the pedestrians agreed with everything as long as Obama's name was infront of it..haha! Stupid people.

Of course some of what McCain used to have as policies he runs away from now. McCain was for Cap and Trade, but when the President is for it, now McCain isn't. McCain was for an easier path to citizenship, not anymore.
    And, there are stupid people on both sides. Conservatives were asked about specific parts of the Affordable Care Act and liked them, then were told that was the dreaded "Obamacare" and suddenly they're against it.
    No side of the aisle has the corner on stupidity.
    I don't know about that. I think the OPs side may well have the corner on stupidity.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    John Edwards is on trial for embezzling money from his PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN to hide and support his girlfriend and their love child while his wife was battling cancer and raising their kids.
    Not to put too fine a point on it (Edwards is an *kitten* and his wife seemed to have been a wonderful person), but he was on trial. He was acquitted on one of the charges and the jury was deadlocked on the rest of them and so they declared a mistrial. He could be brought up on those other charges again, but it appears to be unlikely to happen.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed this thread, was originally saddened by the OP but you guys really pulled it out of the fire for me with all of your hilarious comments! Thanks guys! Oh and OP I guess I will thank you too, without your lack of knowledge about current events and constant backpedaling this could not have been possible, and would not have been nearly as funny. Maka da world go round.

Cheers everybody!

This. Thanks!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Too many vote for certain people (Obama) because it's trendy or cool without understanding the ramifications of their actions. Really is sad.

Totally agree. Now with celebrities throwing fundraising events, it just proves it's popularity over issues.

Oh I agree people vote based on trendy or "coolness" factors. Hence, why Obama is President.

I saw a funny youtube video where an interviewer asked pedestrians questions before the last election. The interviewer took McCain's policies, but said they were Obama's, and all the pedestrians agreed with everything as long as Obama's name was infront of it..haha! Stupid people.

Of course some of what McCain used to have as policies he runs away from now. McCain was for Cap and Trade, but when the President is for it, now McCain isn't. McCain was for an easier path to citizenship, not anymore.
    And, there are stupid people on both sides. Conservatives were asked about specific parts of the Affordable Care Act and liked them, then were told that was the dreaded "Obamacare" and suddenly they're against it.
    No side of the aisle has the corner on stupidity.

Agreed. We end up with *kitten* candidates because 1) People don't independently research and only focus on the redhoric made popular by the media (who certainly has a horse in the political race), 2) Generally the only voters who come out for the primaries are extremists, offering up only those options for the general election that fall into the most extreme sides or have the most backing by the party money (which certainly includes your PACs, companies, and extremely wealthy . . . each with a specific agenda), 3) 2 political parties is not enough to support the needs of a diverse culture . . . 32 is too many.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    John Edwards is on trial for embezzling money from his PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN to hide and support his girlfriend and their love child while his wife was battling cancer and raising their kids.
    Not to put too fine a point on it (Edwards is an *kitten* and his wife seemed to have been a wonderful person), but he was on trial. He was acquitted on one of the charges and the jury was deadlocked on the rest of them and so they declared a mistrial. He could be brought up on those other charges again, but it appears to be unlikely to happen.

thank you for the clarification . . . I am quite embarrassed as I haven't seen the news in about 10 days and am in the process of getting caught back up this week. Family emergency took over and I have a stack of newspapers to get through.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    In regards to the people saying the OP is less intelligent because of not watching the news and knowing about worthless bulls***. Well, that's just a stupid thing to say. I hate the news. Doesn't make me less intelligent.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options

thank you for the clarification . . . I am quite embarrassed as I haven't seen the news in about 10 days and am in the process of getting caught back up this week. Family emergency took over and I have a stack of newspapers to get through.
    No worries - hope things have worked out ok with the family. I used to live in Raleigh, NC and I paid a lot of attention to Edwards. As I said, his wife seemed to be a wonderful person (as much as we can know anyone in the public arena) and it was a shock when all the stuff about him started coming out. I saw a poll where his popularity was at 3%. I think herpes is more popular. But I can't imagine who would say "Yeah, that's a good guy right there."
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Because she seemed to want a response, I will just say to the woman who added Scott Walker to the list....Rockstar gonna win today!!!! (Sorry....I couldn't resist)
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    At least give people some reason not to question your intelligence when posting a thread like this.

^I think there has been more than enough examples throughout this thread that most people would not change their minds about the intelligence in question here.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I... don't even know what to say...

But I think mass-murdering dictators should be on the list, not Jersey Shore or Kim Kardashian or other pop culture nonsense.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    On a side note: Thank you all for taking your time to react to my little test.
    And there it is again. If you don't agree with the OP, you're either a hater or just a victim of a little social experiment and the joke's all on us.

Its true, everyone gets all rallied up when someone isn't as informed as you and you all start bashing someone for their ignorance. This is not a please tell someone how stupid they are, weather or not they watch MTV, HBO, CNN or PBS. I am allowed to have my own opinions on what ever I may please, and what would everyone have said If I put that I think Casey Anthony was innocent. What kind of backlash would I have gotten. Come on now. Bet some of you have NO IDEA who John Goodman is. And why would it matter to you? He isn't from your home town. But he is known all around for the Polo Club. But I would not bash someone for not knowing who he or she is. What if I put up George W. Bush, and all the BULLCRAP he did, or better yet ALL the presidents. I would become known as the anit-american. So go back to your corners. I have just proven my point. Everyone has the freedom of speech, but what you say, and how you say it will ALWAYS be critiqued.

Take a look in the mirror and point those fingers and who do they point back at? Just sayin'

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I find willful ignorance depressing.

You live in a society. Deal with it. Knowing more about it will make you a better citizen, rather than living in your narrow circles.

Even if you don't like politicians, be glad you live in a political system that entitles you to vote as a human right, whether you take advantage of it or not.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    In regards to the people saying the OP is less intelligent because of not watching the news and knowing about worthless bulls***. Well, that's just a stupid thing to say. I hate the news. Doesn't make me less intelligent.
    It makes you less knowledgeable on current events. When you aren't up on current events, especially important ones, intelligence would tell you it's best not to weigh in on them.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It makes you less knowledgeable on current events. When you aren't up on current events, especially important ones, intelligence would tell you it's best not to weigh in on them.

^THIS!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

^THIS!
    Double ditto.

As an aside, is anyone else thinking of the movie Idiocracy while reading this thread?
  • p_e_wright
    p_e_wright Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Why is it that people get mad at others for having opinions or even not having them? So what? Let people be who they are and you be who you are.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't know most of these people, but tbf, I'm Scottish.

Can I do a top 10 hated Uk list?

1/David Cameron
    2/Nick Clegg, because he put David Cameron in Power
    3/Maggie Thatcher, for possessing David Cameron and continuing her destruction of the working class
    4/David Cameron
    5/David Cameron
    6/David Cameron
    7/David Cameron
    8/David Cameron
    9/David Cameron
    10/David Cameron

Marry me? (Well civil ceremony, before DC puts a stop to it).

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure marriage is gonna get legalised in Scotland lonnnnng before England. Gretna green revival? Sounds kinda nice in a way (:
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

^THIS!
    Double ditto.

As an aside, is anyone else thinking of the movie Idiocracy while reading this thread?

Yes, and it's terrifying.
    Also terrifying: People that DO pay attention to what goes on in the world, and yet still believe that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house" and believe that Rick Santorum wants to outlaw birth control.
    I weep for our country.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll play along, since the OP has already been told over and over that she should brush up on her current events. No need to beat a dead horse here people...

MY List of People who annoy me (HATE doesn't really fit into my list)

1. Extreme Liberals
    2. Extreme Conservatives
    3. Nancy Pelosi
    4. Newt Gingrich (and his wife)
    5. The Kardashians
    6. Madonna
    7. People who cut me off while I'm driving in the fast lane, but end up going way slower than I was. WHY?!?!?!?!
    8. Cashiers who put like one item per bag or that double bag a loaf of bread. WHY?!?!?!??!?!
    9. Loud teenagers on the subway. I hate that I was one of them once.
    10. People who fart and then try to run away from the scene. I know it was you. Don't think you're fooling anyone.
    LOL I agree with Number 7 and 10. Number 6 only for old Madonna but 80's Madonna kicks *kitten*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

^THIS!
    Double ditto.

I am not familiar with the movie...

Therefore, I am choosing not to speak on it...

See how easy that is.

Oh, wait! Oops... :embarassed: