What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options

Replies

• 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Clumsy people
    Ignorance (I have no idea why this is embraced so much)
    People that talk too much (Please know when a conversation has ended.)
    Thirsty people (attention seekers i.e. suggestive or instigators)
    Nicki Minaj...
    People who allow their pets off a leash
    Solicitors!! People who try to sell you this, that, and the third. THEN advertise all over the wall.
    People who refuse to wash their hands
    Loud or ill-mannered children in restaurants
    Bringing pets in stores (ESPECIALLY shopping carts)
    Changing babies on public tables or places people would sit.
    People pushing their beliefs onto me.
    When someone ask if you're busy, you say yes, then...they ask what you're doing
    People that update their status with one word or symbols.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I hate unnecessary packaging. Or packages that are impossible to open.

Once I bought a pair of scissors,
    but couldn't open the package without scissors....

If I HAD scissors I wouldn't have just bought scissors. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    when someone burns microwave popcorn.
    something about the smell mixed with the inability to NOT burn microwave popcorn makes me MURDEROUS.
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The phrase "pet peeve."
  • rebecca0101
    Options
    Car air fresheners that won't last longer than 3 or 4 days. Why can't they make your car smell good for weeks?
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I hate when people leave me a voice mail when they know I will be calling them back. If you want something, text me. I hate listening to messages that contain nothing but a "call me back" Duh!

OMG I hate this!!! Don't leave me a voicemail and really don't leave me a voicemail that says, "hey it's Joe, call me back." Yeah I know, I happen to have caller ID on my phone!!!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    seriously, there's one I can't get over:

When women don't wash their hands in public restrooms after using the john.

I seriously wanna yell at them.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.

Do you have kids?
    If not one day you will understand why some of up put it the other way.

OOOOhhhhh!! I feel like a lightbulb when off. I hate when the paper is the wrong way too. But my 3-yr old thinks it's awesome to... Well, you get it. I feel like a complete moron for not turning it around. :embarassed:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When the midgets chew through the straps and escape my basement,grrrr so frustraiting. This is why I taged them with gps though....oh wait is that a cop up there^^ um I really hate when the tolit seat is left up thats it

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • apena_06
    apena_06 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have a few but my biggest ones lately are: people constantly posting about their bi-polar relationships on FB (you know the I hate him one day, i love him the next types) having to talk to the person that argues everything you say even if they know you are right and yes the horrible sockmonster!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.

Do you have kids?
    If not one day you will understand why some of up put it the other way.

I have a child. I still don't understand why people put it backwards.

I put it the other way?

My whole family does.. Haha Idk I guess it's personal preference..
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine is when my man leaves napkins all over the house or he doesnt rinse out his cups soo annoying. eerrr lol
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When people came through the drive thur window at work with 4 different orders and they take 10 mins to figure out what they want just go inside and order it is easier on everyone
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar/spelling.

When people mix up "to/too", "your/you're", "affect/effect", "lose/loose," etc...it drives me nuts.

Aaarrrgghhh!! YES!!! Also, PLEASE, learn to use proper punctuation. It's so difficult to read a post and understand its intended meaning when there is no punctuation. I have, however, learned to live with it. I have come to grips with the fact that everyone has not been as fortunate in the quality of their education as I've been.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve that makes me so angry is...
    in a conversation a dirty topic comes up and older people either cover my ears or tell me to not listen or something along the lines of that...
    I'm freakin' 21!!! Really? REALLY?!!
  • misanthropist319
    Options
    People who....
    drag their feet while walking
    chew with their mouth open
    drive under the posted speed limit
    leave dirty dishes sitting in the sink with water in them
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    In the work environment: "It's not my job..."

:mad:
  • Faseret
    Faseret Posts: 20
    Options
    I have so many that I may seem psychopathic if I list them all so I will just post my top 3.

1. Victims - people who's life circumstances are everyone else's fault but their own "I can't succeed/study/lose weight/raise my kids properly/stop drinking/get a life because (fill in the blank) screwed me up!". Get over yourself and stop making excuses. You are the only person who can determine what your life will be!

2. Spelling. They're = they are, you're = you are. Is it really that ****ing hard?

3. Hypocrites. People who ***** about people who "don't even speak the language" taking their jobs, husbands/wives, etc. Really. How many languages do you speak? Did you have to leave your life behind somewhere else because of circumstances out of your control or because you wanted to better yourself. No? Then STFU.
  • AimeeLynn90
    Options
    One in particular that makes me angry is when my hubs NEVER puts in his clothes in the laundry basket, yet, his clothes can be found everywhere in the house, it's like a scavenger hunt for clothes.

In general though:
    biggest one is when people throw "pity parties" for themselves. I get that life can get rocky sometimes, but life's never going to get better with such a bad attitude.

That and people who don't drive the speed limit. Gah!
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hate 'ya'll' It's not a word. It doesn't make sense. Stop it.

Ya'll isn't a word, but y'all is. It's a contraction for the pronoun "you all." You must not be from the south... :) What is not a word, however, and drives me absolutely nuts is "irregardless".