Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Options
    It's 5:00am and the gym is pretty empty and someone walks past 15 available treadmills..and jumps up on the one right next to me! Ugh!

This one! lol I like my space!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ok, I LOVE it when a woman is confident enough in herself to look nice at the gym, especially if she looks good. Gives me something to look at while I'm taking a minute to breathe. Her wasting her money if she's not there to workout is her problem, not mine. And if she's interested, I'll go talk when I'm done working out. It's a win-win situation. We both get what we really wanted out of our trip to the gym, and I get an added bonus in the form of a number.

That's all I have to say about that topic.

and that is exactly why those girls do what they do! :flowerforyou:
    i don't hate these girls, i just find it funny.
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    People that walk around like they are super jacked and they are not!!! GEEEEKKKK!!!!

People that ask you retarded questions for simple conversation starters when your wearing your ear phones and then you have to take your earphones out or turn off your ipod so you can hear them, then you realize that it is just so they can get in to try to start a conversation!! My reply is *****y but I say “you made me stop what I was doing… take out my ear phones for that silly question” then I just stare at them waiting for their answer.. funny to watch a guy say “uhhh ummm a YAY” no buddy I am not at the gym to be hit on..

I DON’T wipe down equipment after I use it!! I realized I was never getting clean equipment but always cleaning it!!! So now I clean it before I use it!! You want it clean- then clean it before you use it too… ( I know I will get slack for that one)

Don’t like buddy that puts his stink *kitten* dirty shoes in the cubbyholes… I have expensive purses and they have to go in there.. now I put down paper towel prior to putting my nice purse in there so they don’t get dirt on them.. as for the aroma some people shoes produce eww!!! Nasty… remember zinc for stink!!! If you stink you need more zinc!!!

Lastly, the girl that stretches for attention!! That’s right.. the girl that sticks her *kitten* in the general direct of the gym as if she is presenting her self for a quick mount!! Really… ok your hot.. but your swass is nasty… wear looser short.. then stretch.. maybe their not looking at your *kitten* after all!!!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Ok, I LOVE it when a woman is confident enough in herself to look nice at the gym, especially if she looks good. Gives me something to look at while I'm taking a minute to breathe. Her wasting her money if she's not there to workout is her problem, not mine. And if she's interested, I'll go talk when I'm done working out. It's a win-win situation. We both get what we really wanted out of our trip to the gym, and I get an added bonus in the form of a number.

That's all I have to say about that topic.

and that is exactly why those girls do what they do! :flowerforyou:

And I'm glad they do lol
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    1. Like everyone else, racking the GD weights. One day a bunch of meatheads loaded EIGHT 45 lb plates onto the lat pull---did it with terrible form, grunting and cursing, slammed it down with such force that one of the plates actually fell off. The machine wasn't designed for eight freaking plates. Then they wandered off without racking or wiping. I racked their weights then sauntered over to where they were stretching to say, "oh hay, racked your plates for you. Next time you think you could do it yourself?"

2. People who sit on a machine in between sets. I'm circiut training, f*cker, and you're screwing me up.

Another thing that bothers me is how "judgey" gym people are. Why do you care if chicky-poo is wearing make up and not sweating? Maybe she is super insecure without make up. Maybe she IS trolling for a man. How does it affect you?
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    It just shows that the person needs to look their best at all times.

I guess people annoyed by it are those who are annoyed with high maintenance individuals. Also shows insecurity if a person can't go outside their house without makeup.

Just my thoughts...and many others.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    People that walk around like they are super jacked and they are not!!! GEEEEKKKK!!!!

People that ask you retarded questions for simple conversation starters when your wearing your ear phones and then you have to take your earphones out or turn off your ipod so you can hear them, then you realize that it is just so they can get in to try to start a conversation!! My reply is *****y but I say “you made me stop what I was doing… take out my ear phones for that silly question” then I just stare at them waiting for their answer.. funny to watch a guy say “uhhh ummm a YAY” no buddy I am not at the gym to be hit on..

I DON’T wipe down equipment after I use it!! I realized I was never getting clean equipment but always cleaning it!!! So now I clean it before I use it!! You want it clean- then clean it before you use it too… ( I know I will get slack for that one)

Don’t like buddy that puts his stink *kitten* dirty shoes in the cubbyholes… I have expensive purses and they have to go in there.. now I put down paper towel prior to putting my nice purse in there so they don’t get dirt on them.. as for the aroma some people shoes produce eww!!! Nasty… remember zinc for stink!!! If you stink you need more zinc!!!

Lastly, the girl that stretches for attention!! That’s right.. the girl that sticks her *kitten* in the general direct of the gym as if she is presenting her self for a quick mount!! Really… ok your hot.. but your swass is nasty… wear looser short.. then stretch.. maybe their not looking at your *kitten* after all!!!

I'm with you on the "wipe it before you use it" I always do this with cardio machines, and use a towel for benches, etc.
  • Esme_32
    Esme_32 Posts: 14
    Options
    People that peek at my machine and keep looking at me while I'm working trying to compete with me

When people don't wipe down the equipment after the use it

– shout-out to the guy that wiped the sweat off his torso then cleaned the equipment with the same sweat drenched paper towel in my gym this morning -_-
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options
    Guys that judge you for deadlifting 135lb. Makes me feel bad.

lol
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to use a nasty analogy. When you take a dump, do you only wipe once? I'm pretty sure people wipe more than once for maximum cleanliness. Same applies here. You should always wipe before use, but it's your responsibility to wipe when you're done also. That ensures maximum cleanliness. So yes, wipe after use please!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

I guess people annoyed by it are those who are annoyed with high maintenance individuals. Also shows insecurity if a person can't go outside their house without makeup.

actually i think it shows insecurity on the part of the people getting worked up about it.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

So if someone is insecure, that's a good reason to judge them? If someone is insecure, in my mind it means they need to be encouraged, not judged or ridiculed.

Glass houses, people.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Good Point. :)

On the other hand, there are plenty of people who, even if they were at home just getting out of bed, would get all dressed up like they were going somewhere that looks actually matter. This is geared toward those individuals.

it is really such a dangerous epidemic that people wear make up to the gym,the injurys suffered by all the people it affects besides the one wearing the make up is staggering. Soon gyms will wise up an ban this dangerous practice

Well...at the same time, it's also not dangerous or offensive to not wear makeup or dress up nicely. I wear not nice clothing (not holey shirts or stained clothes, but workout clothes) to the gym because I know I will sweat.

These are pet peeves not letters of the law...It annoys me...just the same as a girl who doesn't dress like she's going clubbing annoys some people. I've got a fiancee...if I was single and going to the gym for the purpose of looking attractive to the opposite sex then maybe I'd dress up more...

On a very different note, there's a guy at my gym who seriously lifts weights for two seconds then does THREE laps around the gym-just to show off his muscles...I mean...you can walk outside...why bother going to the gym to walk around?
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    1. Girls who spend two hours getting ready just to go to the gym and you can smell their perfume a mile away!

2. Girls who do not work up a sweat, you are at the gym to lose weight not to look pretty and pick up guys.

3. Girls who wear just a sports bra in front of the whole gym... I do not care how skinny you are it is just wrong!

anyone ever notice that the only people who ever have these complaints at the gym are other women:laugh:

It doesn't bother me when girls put loads of effort in to go to the gym but what the point? Your make-ups going to sweat off n your hairs gonna get a mess

I dont know,but really who cares. Someone wearing make up to the gym or their hair down doesnt affect someone else at all. Its just hilarious to me the only people that complain about it are other women.

I have to say that I go to the gym right after work and I have make up on... sometime hair down because it's short, but like you said, who really cares!!! :flowerforyou:
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off

Oh.

I get it.

She was kidding.

Maybe I need to eat. D: *braindead*
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off

No offense but I rarely ever wear make up.
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options

Walking around in socks.

I take off my shoes to squat and no way am I putting them back on just to go grab a drink of water between sets.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    What a fun topic I've started lol
  • mchull
    mchull Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't color coordinate or worry about impressing anybody...I'm there to sweat and burn calories. Half the time my gym attire consists of a tee and one of a few pair of shorts I also use for painting in the house; have multi colored paints spots all over them :) If you're worrying about what I'm wearing, you're not working out hard enough!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve about the gym is those women who refuse to sweat because they care more about looking cute and being hit on by guys than about being at the gym to WORK OUT. Ugh! Okay, getting off my soap box now...