The difference between "flirting" and "being creepy"

Replies

• sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    someone who wants to use a feather is flirting. Someone who wants to use the whole chicken is creepy.

@Jersey
    ROTFL Very best post I've read today.
  • MeliciousGibson
    MeliciousGibson Posts: 248 Member
    I think it has a lot to do with the relationship that is already established. I have friends that I flirt with hard....and they are good with it...but if they did not know me.....had I tried the same thing when we had only been friends a few days.....it would have been creepy.....

Establishing rapport and trust first is important, IMHO.

Exactly, you have to make sure they're comfortable and trust you first, then it's a lot more likely that they'll get into the van without a fight...i mean, what? yea, rapport. important *shifty eyes*

Look, had I known how much FUN we were going to have together I wouldn't have struggled. I calmed down after I regained consciousness and you explained to me how we were MEANT to be together. I mean, when you explained that you loved me so much that if YOU couldn't have me NOBODY could, I *GOT IT*, honey!

Oh, so you're saying you aren't the reason why I saw police officers and several choppers circling my house yesterday?! After I took out your ball gag and cut you out of your ropes, you said that we we're good :brokenheart:

That wasn't because of me - YOU LIED TO ME!! You've been abducting someone else, haven't you!?!? Don't bother lying to me - I have felt it in my gut. Women's intuition - you unfaithful DOUCHE!
  • jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm afraid to flirt bacause I'm married and I don't want to be creepy, so I act nicely and move on. :wink:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 1,799 Member
    If you sent me a pic of your junk it would be crossing that fine line that is flirting and all out creepiness.

*kicks dirt again* ;)
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 301 Member
    Okay, well, now how about when you constantly see posts by someone on a friend's page, but you are not friends with this other person and decide to drop them a pm simply complimenting them on how good they look and to keep up the great work. No friend request, no pic, no questions. A fly-by compliment, if you will. Creepy? :huh:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,266 Member
    flirting is what I do , creepy is what every other guy does.
  • If you are a HOT guy it is flirting.

If not then it will likely be regarded as creepy.

Truth. This is why I'm a creep. Girls don't like parrots. They tend to stick with their own species.

It's because parrots go around with their pecker showing all the time :wink:

HAHAHAHA :laugh:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    non creepy- hey if you want i can come over some time and help around your house
    CREEPY- i left you a presant under your window cill
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    If you sent me a pic of your junk it would be crossing that fine line that is flirting and all out creepiness.

*kicks dirt again* ;)

I thought you were taking notes??
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    If it makes me smile... flirting.

If it makes me cringe... creeping.

I can't really break it down any better than that. Sorry.

I agree 100%
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 1,799 Member
    [I thought you were taking notes??

I am, I am. :P Hence I'm staying on the good side of the line with you.

Wait, I think. You still haven't specified which way the lines got drawn. Arrggh!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Flirting - Telling her she smells pretty.

Creepy - Telling her she smells pretty after sniffing her chair seat when she gets up and walks away.

You win!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    If you can't flirt then most likely you come out looking creepy. I'm a big time flirt but here's the difference..women aren't creeped out when i do. you can flirt and not be a total perv also. Creepy dudes give us suave and debonnair fellows a BAD name..lol
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,796 Member

Creepy - Telling her she smells pretty after sniffing her chair seat when she gets up and walks away.

that made me gag ....and not in a good way :laugh:
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member

Lmao!!
  • glonigan
    glonigan Posts: 82
    Flirting - Telling her she's gorgeous.

Creep - Telling her she's gorgeous with your junk in your hand.

LMAO. This made me shoot coffee out of my nose!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Okay, well, now how about when you constantly see posts by someone on a friend's page, but you are not friends with this other person and decide to drop them a pm simply complimenting them on how good they look and to keep up the great work. No friend request, no pic, no questions. A fly-by compliment, if you will. Creepy? :huh:

YES!
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    [I thought you were taking notes??

I am, I am. :P Hence I'm staying on the good side of the line with you.

Wait, I think. You still haven't specified which way the lines got drawn. Arrggh!

and I never will! MUAHAHAHAHA
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Flirting is subtle and doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.

Creepy is someone you've barely interacted with asking if they can "lick" you.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 866 Member
    I think it has a lot to do with the relationship that is already established. I have friends that I flirt with hard....and they are good with it...but if they did not know me.....had I tried the same thing when we had only been friends a few days.....it would have been creepy.....

Establishing rapport and trust first is important, IMHO.

Yes, I think this is a good explanation. And then if the girl is not into the flirting and she sends you hints that she is not into the flirting...and yet, you keep flirting, now it is creepy.