Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    People who block up the parking lot waiting for a space so they don't have to walk an extra 20 feet.
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I hate to see someone sitting down on a machine texting or carrying on conversation instead of working out.
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In response to all of the "girls who wear makeup at the gym" comments. I always wear makeup to the gym simply because I put my makeup on in the morning for work. I go to the gym after I get home from work and eat dinner. Then I come home from the gym and take of my makeup and take my shower. :smile:
    What bothers me is the really overweight guys who spend hours doing weights grunting and groaning. They don't bother focusing on ANY cardio to help get rid of their huge belly. They think that just because they can bench a ton of weight that makes them in shape. Not quite!
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The people that swim flat tack in the slow lane cos there's other people in the fast lane, and splash everywhere they go! There's a special circle of hell reserved for them.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off

hahaha Seriously loving all the defensive comments from this, obvs you were being sarcastic in response to the few comments above you. First class trolling at its best :laugh:
  • Ironphoenix
    Options
    There's two types of girls that go to the gym- those of us who bust our *kitten* off day in day out to get what we want, most of us don't wear make up because it stays on all of about two minutes! I sweat throughout the full session from the get go! And then there's the girls who get dressed up, spend mist of their workout on their phones and looking pretty. If you want to pick up guys, get serious about your training cause thats way sexier!
  • Ironphoenix
    Options
    I used to find the weight dropping and grunting a bit over the top... til I found myself doing it... I don't grunt loudly mind you, but a little "ughhh" as I do squats just seem to come out... and then when I do dumbbell presses.. I have to drop them when I'm at heavy weight reps (60+lb bells) because I don't want to use bad form to lower them (as I'm at failure) and injure myself... so now... I don't find it so bad.. unless they are really just doing it to be annoying.. which you can usually tell..

Hell yeah, lol. Me too, never used to make a sound but a little grunt at the end of a heavy set strangely seems to help! Lol. Guess its the inner determination seeping out to get that last rep done!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    People checking/chatting on their phones. It shouldn't even be in the gym!

To be fair my phone is my MP3 player and I have an iPhone so I have the Nike+ app that I use on the elliptical so I kind of need my phone in the gym :)
  • KelliH729
    Options
    My only complaints are people who do not wipe down equipment, just yesterday the girl next to me on the other elliptical finished her workout and just walked away after. Just eww, wipe your sweaty germy mess up after you are done.

Stinky people, deoderant is a wonderful thing to put on before you come to workout, if you are that stinky and sweaty, throw on a bit more :). I would rather have an overload of cologne or perfume then smell BO.

I personally do not care if a woman wears just a sports bra, like someone else said, it motivates me to want to look better. And I give her major props for being comfortable enough with herself to wear just that. I do not have that confidence yet!

Also I don't care about people who are talking or barely working out. I am doing my thing so I am not worried about what they do or don't do. Who is to say they weren't killing it earlier in the morning and now they are just having a low key workout.
  • KelliH729
    Options
    People that don't wipe down the equipment. Gross!

The guys that come in and do a run on the treadmill or go as fast as they can on the elliptical for 5 to 10 minutes or try to lift weight way too much for them and drop them. Yes we see and hear you and we are not impressed.

For the most part, the gym I go to is pretty nice but it is on a military base.

I workout on base as well and see a lot of both. I think the treadmill thing is that these guys just want to knock out that 1.5 miles on there as fast as they can so they are ready for their PT test :)
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Seriously to every single one of you who go "omg your so judgmental" **** off.. Seriously, **** off.. Your telling me if a smelly *kitten* dude comes next to you and talks on his phone while your in the zone you wouldn't give a ****? Grow up, we're all adults we know this world isnt perfect, and hell for you lying about not being "judgmental" makes you out to be a liar. So with that being said here are some thing that bother me..

1. Talking on the phone(its a rule in the gym, at least the one I go to SO STOP!)

2. When I just get up to rest from one of my sets and someone gets on immediately and just sits there until they're done using the machine.. Like seriously?

3. Naked people .... lol
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    So wait...we should be wearing what exactly? I don't wear nice clothes to work out...anybody else?

I LOVE my cute workout clothes! If I'm gonna buy gym shorts and tops why not be something I like?If I am wearing makeup it's because I have a life and go to the gym in the evening. However, it's never caked on..no fake lashes or anything like that LOL .....It is a little bit annoying to see the fru fru girls when you're busting your butt. No worries though, they don't usually stick around for long.
  • EmboRose
    EmboRose Posts: 2
    Options
    Biggest pet peeves...

- People who don't wipe down the equipment

- People who don't wear correct footwear - converse & vans are NOT running shoes!!

- (I'm sure lots of men will disagree with this!) Ladies who do not wear proper sports bras - it cannot be comfortable and you can damage yourself bouncing around like that!

- Cliques. Why do groups of men/women feel the need ot stand around, hogging a certain area of the gym for a chat!? Just plain selfish IMO.

- People who are only there to get noticed and only spend 2 seconds on each machine. They don't even look happy!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Seriously to every single one of you who go "omg your so judgmental" **** off.. Seriously, **** off.. Your telling me if a smelly *kitten* dude comes next to you and talks on his phone while your in the zone you wouldn't give a ****? Grow up, we're all adults we know this world isnt perfect, and hell for you lying about not being "judgmental" makes you out to be a liar. So with that being said here are some thing that bother me..

1. Talking on the phone(its a rule in the gym, at least the one I go to SO STOP!)

2. When I just get up to rest from one of my sets and someone gets on immediately and just sits there until they're done using the machine.. Like seriously?

3. Naked people .... lol

I'm not a liar, I make a concerned effort to not judge people because I don't know their whole story. I don't want people to judge me unfairly, so I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It's called "treat others as you would like to be treated" and you obviously don't live that way because you're comfortable calling people names and swearing at strangers. Keep on judging people, if that's what it takes for you to feel better about yourself. You're actually only hurting yourself, because you're filling up your brain with negative thoughts.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Guys that grunt and drop weights.

Or howl like wolfs when they are lifting...lol funny.
  • mahnazy
    mahnazy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves...hmmm...

Well - when the guys HOG the weight area, and when you walk in the middle of it to use a machine, you get the 'are you for real' look.

Guys perving on you when your in the gym. I know it is probably only 5% of guys that do this, but still - seriously dude, I'm trying to work out and dripping with sweat! Go away...

People thinking I've glammed up for the gym... No folks, I've come straight from work, and If I make the detour home to wipe it all off or wash my face before the gym - I won't get my behind out to the gym again...yes, my face is with make up when I walk in I do wipe most of it off - but by eck when I leave the gym its just sweat and er.. wiped off make-up. *ehem* sorry for that mental image....

Finally and probably my biggest pet peeve, not having enough confidence to go and just use the weights/certain areas of the gym without being a nancy... But that's just me - not anyone else's fault.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My instructor complaining that there are naked women in the Women's Health Center !!!! Where does she think the women should get dress at ??? Actually, this instructor (she is head over all the classes) complains about everything.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    People that don't wipe down the equipment. Gross!

The guys that come in and do a run on the treadmill or go as fast as they can on the elliptical for 5 to 10 minutes or try to lift weight way too much for them and drop them. Yes we see and hear you and we are not impressed.

For the most part, the gym I go to is pretty nice but it is on a military base.

I workout on base as well and see a lot of both. I think the treadmill thing is that these guys just want to knock out that 1.5 miles on there as fast as they can so they are ready for their PT test :)

Yeah i agree with you that your there to do your own thing and get on with it...i don't pay attention to anyone as i have my own goal to achieve.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone ....seriously f off

hahaha Seriously loving all the defensive comments from this, obvs you were being sarcastic in response to the few comments above you. First class trolling at its best :laugh:

:wink:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

3. Naked people .... lol

Actually it doesnt bother me,if someones talking on their phone I just tune it out its pretty easy. If girls come prancing in full make up and booty shorts I just admire the view if i think they are hot if not i just tune it out.
    if guys are grunting...tune it out
    if someone does not wipe down a machine does not matter i wipe it down before i start
    So no im not "lying" i really just dont give a F