30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have finished Level 1 day 3. The stiffness is working it's way out and I am even finding that my endurance is already better than it was the first day. :bigsmile:
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    What is 30 day shred??
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What is 30 day shred??

It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels, who was one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Level1 day 7 done! I put my own music on today and it was so much better!! I also stopped doing it in the morning. I can't get the motivation to get out of the bed early enough to work out then shower then go to work. So evening it is. I'm liking that much more!

I also just completed day 7. Are you seeing any kind of results? Just curious because I feel like maybe I have some water retention?

I'm not seeing too many physical results, I feel fitter and my endurance is much much better than day 1. My husband said I looked like I had lost weight, but in the mirror I feel like I look the same lol

Today was level 1 day 8 and I got through it no problem, lots of sweating but not out of breath at the end like usual! Yay!!

Believe your husband:) The mirror lies sometimes!
    I can still look in the mirror and see my old body even though it's very different now.
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    After completing 6 days yesterday I came down with the sickness bug again so couldn't do anything, I am gutted was really enjoying but it looks like today is going to be a no no too.
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 7 done! I put my own music on today and it was so much better!! I also stopped doing it in the morning. I can't get the motivation to get out of the bed early enough to work out then shower then go to work. So evening it is. I'm liking that much more!

I also just completed day 7. Are you seeing any kind of results? Just curious because I feel like maybe I have some water retention?
    I'm not seeing too many physical results, I feel fitter and my endurance is much much better than day 1. My husband said I looked like I had lost weight, but in the mirror I feel like I look the same lol

Today was level 1 day 8 and I got through it no problem, lots of sweating but not out of breath at the end like usual! Yay!!

Believe your husband:) The mirror lies sometimes!
    I can still look in the mirror and see my old body even though it's very different now.
    It's funny how much mirrors lie! I knew I had gained a lot of weight, but when I got dressed I always thought I looked pretty good. Then I saw a picture of myself and was so shocked at how big I had gotten. Really I don't know what I expected, I had put on almost 100 pounds over the last 5 years. I just honestly didn't see my body that way!
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 on level one. I added 30DS to running/walking and have felt muscles a bit firmer and my endurance better. In the mirror and on the scale?- not so much. Looking forward to getting out of my stuck spot. :) Also started zig-zagging my calories too.
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    PLANKS??? :noway:
    Yikes, I'm only on L1D4 ... she's already kicking my butt! :embarassed: I can't imagine planks!!
    Thanks for the heads up (I think)!! :ohwell:

Happy Shredding! :laugh:
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I'm only on L1D4 ... she's already kicking my butt! :embarassed: I can't imagine planks!!

I started the 30DS last month and quit on L2D2 because I just hated level 2...I started all over again this month, I'm on L1D8 and this time I'm not going to quit! I also learned that if I turn down the TV and turn on my tunes it's much better. Jillian is great but her voice saying the same thing over and over, day after day was a little annoying. Good luck everyone!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 completed as of last night! My husband also gave me a very nice NSV...I was going for a walk and had on a normal t-shirt and workout pants and he gave me a big hug and said "wow! you are getting smaller fast...I can feel you trimming up." I don't know how acurate this is, as I've only been doing the shred for 8 days lol...but it made me feel good.

Anyways...happy shredding!! and someone please tell me level 2 isn't HORRIBLE.
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 7. I know I'm doing so much better compared to Day 1, but today's workout just totally kicked my butt for some reason! I'm really REALLY dreading Level 2 now....
  • ladykat2330
    Options
    Just did level 2 day one and owwwww. Although i know from my experience with level one that in a few days I will be able to power through it, it was still really hard. The fact I've already lost an inch off my waist makes me want to keep going.
  • Serenitytoo
    Options

I started the 30DS last month and quit on L2D2 because I just hated level 2...I started all over again this month, I'm on L1D8 and this time I'm not going to quit! I also learned that if I turn down the TV and turn on my tunes it's much better. Jillian is great but her voice saying the same thing over and over, day after day was a little annoying. Good luck everyone!

I know exactly what you mean... I wish there was an option to shut her up except for the change of exercise cues. When I did this before her talking in Level really started to get to me by day 5. I couldn't wait to move on to level 3 :laugh:
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What does everyone plan to move on to once the shred is complete? Will you just repeat 30DS or do you have something else you want to try?
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie here and to the 30ds and only on Level 1 day 2! Man... did your thighs burn as much as mine do??

I have newly diagnosed arthritis in my hips and knees and i have some nerve aggrivation going on in my thigh thanks to a hospital procedure last week but i'm doing it anyway- just not doing the exercises i know will do harm and modifying them with the cardio ones that don't impact my joints (ie. punches or bouncing rather than jumping). Still getting the workout though and the squats are the same as the exercises my physio gave. Hoping modifying won't hinder results too much!!

Anyone got any encouragement to keep going because my stamina is awful! I'm not tooo overweight but so unfit!!

Keep going all you guys or girls doing it though! I hope it yields results for me like it seems to be with you!

Lauren
  • Serenitytoo
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie here and to the 30ds and only on Level 1 day 2! Man... did your thighs burn as much as mine do??

I have newly diagnosed arthritis in my hips and knees and i have some nerve aggrivation going on in my thigh thanks to a hospital procedure last week but i'm doing it anyway- just not doing the exercises i know will do harm and modifying them with the cardio ones that don't impact my joints (ie. punches or bouncing rather than jumping). Still getting the workout though and the squats are the same as the exercises my physio gave. Hoping modifying won't hinder results too much!!

Anyone got any encouragement to keep going because my stamina is awful! I'm not tooo overweight but so unfit!!

Keep going all you guys or girls doing it though! I hope it yields results for me like it seems to be with you!

Lauren

Your stamina will get better! Trust me! I finished Level 1 Day 4 this morning and already I am not finding it as hard as I did on Day 1. I have a condition that is similar to arthritus, but can cause random swelling and pain anywhere in the body not just at the joints. You just have to listen to your body. I had to take yesterday morning off to let a flare-up in my left heel pass and did it after work instead.

Keep up the good work!
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What does everyone plan to move on to once the shred is complete? Will you just repeat 30DS or do you have something else you want to try?

I want to do Jillian's ripped in 30 after this. I'm curious what everyone else is going to do also!

Level 1 day 9 completed also! I'm excited to move on to level 2. Well we will see how I feel after actually doing it! Ha!
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level One, Day Four and I can definitely tell a difference already. I still hate the bicycle crunches, though. I sound like I'm dying when I do those.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D8 and I still find it quite challenging, did anyone move onto level 2 while still struggling to finish level 1 and live to tell about it?

Just wondering if I need to wait to move on (I don't really want to wait but...)
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just did level 2 day one and owwwww. Although i know from my experience with level one that in a few days I will be able to power through it, it was still really hard. The fact I've already lost an inch off my waist makes me want to keep going.

I did it on wed and thought it wasn't bad, missed yesterday because of TOM and today..........wowzers...ow, ow, ow, my neck and tops of my shoulders are killing me!!!!! I always have trouble with them but holy cow. Couldn't turn my head today...tomorrow back at it. I thought if level one was the leg killer this is the arm and shoulder killer with the planks.