Options

Replies

• sheeler301
    sheeler301 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LindseyRoot
    Options
    i do shakes in the morning! (ViSalus is my shake of choice) It is super simple, i have a personal blender, all i have to do is toss in a few things ex: milk, powder, ice, fruit and blend... off i go...i drink it on my way to work! Not only is this a simple way to start the morning, they are PACKED with nutrition!. I do like a lot of these other suggestions as well!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love microwave breakfast wraps.
    I mix an egg, some shredded cheese and whatever veggies I have (sometimes I throw in some lunchmeat) in a microwavable bowl and heat for 1 1/2-2 minutes while I get dressed, then I just dump it out on a tortilla wrap it up and eat it in the car on my way to work.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump to check out and try some of these later.
    Thanks
    Nicols xxx
  • KMCWeber2012
    Options
    I never thought of freezing a home made breakfast sandwich before. Thanks for the idea. This too will save me a lot of time in the morning. Thanks for posting.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

I do a variation of these but I don't cook the onion or spinach, jut toss them in raw with crumbled bacon, cheese and the eggs. I stick 2 in a sandwich bag and grab them out of the fridge on my way to work. I eat them cold, but I have never really cared if something was cold or hot.
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    12 eggs
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
    Bump!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    line cupcake pan with canadian bacon
    add shredded cheese to 3/4 full (cheddar, pepper jack are our favorites)
    make a little hole in top by pressing thumb in center
    crack an egg on top
    salt and pepper

bake 350 degrees F for about 15-20 min depending on how you like your eggs

kids of all ages in my life like this....we have it for any meal...the older kids like a dash of
    tobasco on theirs.

each cupcake is about 113 calories...enjoy!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I make up mini omelettes in advance:

* Spray a muffin/mini cake tin with oil
    * Put your chose veg/meat in each hole (cook veg and meat such as onions, bacon and peppers from scratch or be lazy, like me, and use ready-cooked frozen veg and ham)
    * Beat some eggs and pour on top of the meat/veg
    * Bake in the oven till firm
    * Cool down, pop out and pop in a plastic bag in the fridge - keep for a few days

Fab either reheated in the microwave or cold on the run - and as quick post-workout snacks too!
  • adfabus
    Options
    How about you just get up 30 minutes early and make breakfast?

That's what I do.

I wake up at 4AM to make it to work as it is. How about if you recognize that not everyone has the same schedule you do? That's what I do.
    lol!!! I hear ya!
  • coffeemom3boys
    coffeemom3boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protien shake (from Costco - really good) blended with a banana and ice.

Chobani Greek Yogurt with fruit and granola
  • mandimoss2069
    Options
    Are these mini muffins or regular muffin tins? Based on the calorie count you provided.
  • adfabus
    Options
    line cupcake pan with canadian bacon
    add shredded cheese to 3/4 full (cheddar, pepper jack are our favorites)
    make a little hole in top by pressing thumb in center
    crack an egg on top
    salt and pepper

bake 350 degrees F for about 15-20 min depending on how you like your eggs

kids of all ages in my life like this....we have it for any meal...the older kids like a dash of
    tobasco on theirs.

each cupcake is about 113 calories...enjoy!!
    Sounds Yummy!!!!
  • mandimoss2069
    Options

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    12 eggs
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
  • mandimoss2069
    Options
    Do you use mini muffin tins or regular size muffin tins for calorie count you provided?

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    12 eggs
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my go to is Shakeology (protein shake) for breakfast. i mix it the night before however i would like for the next day and just pull it out of the refrigerator in the morning and go.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    another grab and go? your favorite apple and Jif on the go al natural peanutbutter cups that are in individual size contatiners...i love them!!
  • krazykando
    krazykando Posts: 38
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jrflaw22
    Jrflaw22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    get ziplock snack bag (about 1/3rd size of sandwich bag). Fill with bran cereal til you can just close it (about 1 cup). Get banana. Eat breakfast.
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump