Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.

Yum!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AmyEm3, totally love your profile picture. Die hard Cardinals fan here! Love love love my favorite catcher Molina!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I like to make some muffins in a large batch ahead of time and freeze them for moments like that. Quick defrost in the microwave and I have a grab and go way better than those bagelfuls. Those are yummy but man, unhealthy! Check my blog posts I have several recipes up. Also a quick protein smoothie is a good option as well.

In my blog I have a triple berry whole wheat muffin recipe and a dark chocolate hazelnut whole wheat coffee muffin recipe. Low cal.
  • arnolv98
    arnolv98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I do an egg bake once a week. I use a dozen eggs, one tablespoon of milk per egg you use. I add salsa. Sometimes a little meat and cheese. I also add about a half a cup of quinoa or brown rice for my whole grain. Once it's done I cut it into little squares, and then freeze them in individual baggies. Then you pop them in the microwave for about 45 seconds and go!

I like the idea of adding quinoa or brown rice...I make the egg thingies all the time, but I've never tried the whole grain in them. excellent Idea!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    fiber one honey squares with yogurt and fruit. If you want to eat it on the go just skip to yogurt and save it for protien snack later.

Fiber one honey squares are so yummy! I mix them with a few nuts and some raisins in preportioned snack bags and keep it in my gym bag and in my purse perfect for if I'm hungry after or before a workout or when I'm out and about and feel that fast food craving sneaking up on me.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sueannerojas
    Options
    bump
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not a breakfast person, I usually just have some Carnation Instant Breakfast (it's a powder thing you mix in milk, and I love it. The French Vanilla is yummy, and there's a chocolate one that tastes like a chocolate malt.) They're under 200 calories and they work for me, since I'm rarely hungry in the morning. But this has protein and what-have-you in it.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas and tips!....thanks so much
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What does BUMP mean? no one has answered that question yet
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    What does BUMP mean? no one has answered that question yet

To save this topic for later pretty much.. (as you go to your "my topics" you will see all the topics you posted on lately)
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What a lot of great ideas! I'll have to try some of these. I love make-ahead stuff.

OP I have the same problem in the morning. No time or motivation to cook and eat. I'm often just not really hungry in the morning, either. A couple of others have mentioned this, but I got for protein shakes most of the time. I use the Cinch shakes by Shaklee. A serving is only a cup, so I can chug it down and it keeps me from feeling ravenous mid-morning. I actually mix 6 or 7 servings at a time in a big bottle and all I have to do in the morning is shake and pour. I use this after my workouts quite often, too.
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Options
    BUMP >.<
  • berringtonsarah
    Options
    :heart: THE EASY CONCEPT AND HOW MANY CALORIES IS IT ALL WHEN COMBINED ?
  • jdillard911
    Options
    bump
  • Yisaak
    Yisaak Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Footprintz67
    Footprintz67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from this site and love, love, love it

Refrigerator Oatmeal

1/4 cup of Oats
    1/3 cup of Milk
    1/4 cup of yogurt
    1-2 tsp of maple syrop or honey or sweetner
    1/4 fruit

Combine all ingredients into a mason jar or other container with a good lid, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.. In the morning top with more fruit if you would like.

very yummy