What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    chicken hot dogs....or turkey burgers or real burgers anything that goes on my George Foreman
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eggs, tuna, make a wrap with whatever is in the fridge......bottle of wine lol
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I make a huge batch of soup usually and then freeze portion sizes with calories written on bag. When I dont feel like making anything, I just thaw it and heat it in the micro :D
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    banana/peanut butter smoothie w/ skim milk
    cereal
    hard boiled eggs & a piece of fruit
    pb & j w/ baby carrots
  • HolllyBot
    HolllyBot Posts: 33
    Options
    PBJ and an apple or a yogurt. Yum.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    tyson grilled ready to go chicken strips or steak strips, a cup of minute rice or on a low carb tortillia.... with a little salsa... its all microwavable and done in 5 minutes!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't consider a salad cooking. I can do a simple spinach, cherry tomatoes, onions and feta cheese.

I keep at least one frozen dinner that's usually around 350 calories here for emergencies. You can add some extra frozen veggies to it so it's more filling.

But this time of year, all I have to do is ask hubby if he wants to go get fish tacos and we go out to eat. He loves sitting outside on their patio.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cereal...or Smart Ones frozen dinners=)
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    hummus, pita's, olives and feta cheese!!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Frozen meal or Salad.
  • cz611
    cz611 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Progresso light chicken noodle soup (140 cals per container) or Progresso light clam chowder (200 cals per container)....I always have them in my pantry in case I've "messed up" during the day ; )
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nachos with cheese and LOTS of salsa.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Nachos with cheese and LOTS of salsa.

Now we're talking...
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches and cucumber slices. Yum, had it tonight for supper.

Yum Yum, really good
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I make a huge batch or soup usually and then freeze portion sizes with calories written on bag. When I dont feel like making anything, I just thaw it and heat it in the micro :D

This. Just made a big batch of Red Lentil Tomato--it's my grown up healthy version of Tomato Soup. If I have the calories I eat it with grilled cheese, if not, I just eat the soup. The lentils add a decent amount of protein.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Cereal...or Smart Ones frozen dinners=)

I like both ideas
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I make a huge batch or soup usually and then freeze portion sizes with calories written on bag. When I dont feel like making anything, I just thaw it and heat it in the micro :D

That is one brilliant idea! I am doing this now.

Usually I will eat progresso or a couple of pierogis maybe pop some popcorn (on the stove, no butter no salt, maybe some garlic or onion powder). If I am in the mood, some eggs with cheese and mushroom. Otherwise, I'll go make someone else cook and just monitor everything they put in the food.
  • Althaltallik
    Options
    Russian Salad.
    Butter lettuce, feta cheese, Wishbone Russian dressing, and a little bit of malt vinegar.
    I can make it in ~ 2 minutes, and so delish~
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Turkey/lettuce on a wrap...i like to mix the mayo with sriracha sauce for some spice if i have enough cals i will eat 2...if i am ambitious i will microwave some bacon and have BLT's LMAO
  • SistaHope
    SistaHope Posts: 23
    Options
    1)Black bean and Cheese Quesadilla on wheat tortilla.
    2)Green pepper and onion omelet with cheese
    3)Granola cereal with vanilla yogurt
    4)Red Beans and Rice Gumbo
    5)Tomato-Spinach-Feta Cheese pita pizza (with or without sauce)

Because I do these often enough, the ingredients are pretty much on the "staple" grocery list. Keeping spinach in the freezer will not only keep it preserved, but also make it easy to crumble. And all of these are CHEAP as well as healthy. Good luck!