Is it ok for a woman..........

Options
Is it ok for a woman to talk on the phone to a guy for three hours if she is married? and talk to him for an hour here and an hour there and txt him at 1030 at night? Is it being unsupportive to be uncomfortable with that and saying how you feel about it? I am curious. WHat everyones opinion is on it. Even if she says you can go do whatever and then brings up the fact that she is supportive of me cause she lets me hang with the guys every other weekend at his house playing Dungeons and Dragons, yes I said I am a role player. Please Id like the opinions of everyone. Thanks

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Seems legit.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    No, theres something very off about that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What do you mean she "says you can go do whatever"?? Like, bang chicks? Because I bet that's what she means.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    if you wouldn't do the behavior in front of her husband, its wrong.

she's married, no one should mess with that.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    do you wear chain mail?
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    I smell beta
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sit down and say:

"So you've been talking to Bob an awfully lot. I'm uncomfortable with this. I would like to know the nature of your relationship with Bob."
  • donjoe1024
    donjoe1024 Posts: 30
    Options
    I dont know what she means when she says whatever, She states I let you go to the VFW club because you like it, I let you leave every other weekend to play D and D with the guys and she says since she is being supportive of those things I should nt have a problem with who she talks to on the phone because she is a home body and that it should be ok whomever she talks to on the phone.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Let's see: Would you want your wife behaving in this manner?

Somethings amiss here. Tread carefully, my friend.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am going to say NO!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? Yes, there is something wrong with a married woman spending hours and hours talking on the phone to another man.
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    I have sat her down and she has said they are good friends and nothing more and they have been friends for 14 years. She has told me I can not talk to my old gal friends and she has said that if they say anything innappropriate she will not talk to him anymore so can I trust what she is saying. I have been through this before with exs and it never ends up right at all. Thanks for the twentysided comment LOL that is hilarious.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I think she found someone that doesn't still play Dungeons and Dragons.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Dude - I have seen this before, a lot. It is a systematic replacement strategy. So, yea, might want to nip that in the bud.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If the guy is gay and its more akin to girl talk then its fine. Other than that it sort of ventures into emotional cheating.

Once someone becomes attracted to someone emotionally then its not hard to make that physical jump. I'm sure people are going to say its controlling if you stop the behavior but it isnt. Its serious enough to bother you since youre asking here. If she tries to say you dont trust her just tell her its hurtful that shes sharing her time with other men and not you.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Something not right about that picture.....When a woman say go do whatever...ummm you should have a good eye on what all that texting and talking about....:huh:
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that is unsupportive. I would question that myself. Not saying that she is doing anything wrong. But by saying that you can do whatever you want makes it look a bit sketchy. Her letting you hang out with your MALE buddies every second weekend is not even close to the same thing. Good luck. I would talk to her about it.
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    Yes it is for real Patti. I am not sure what to feel or think at this point
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Personally....this seems like the perfect storm for cheating. Talking to someone that much and that often leads to other things. Not saying that cheating will happen...but it may. My ex did the same and it lead to cheating which is why I am divorced, I trusted him to be on the phone with his friends...not knowing that one of his friends became more than that after a year or so of 'chatting harmlessly' on the phone. Be careful.
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    thanks cala I appreciate it