Five Random Facts About Yourself

Options

Replies

• drgooch
    drgooch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1. I only own one pair of socks that are not fuzzy. I only need one pair because I wear flip flops year round.

2. I collect cookbooks and recipes - drives my hubby crazy.

3. I have never smoked a cigarette.

4. The only illegal drug I have done is pot.

5. I have to sort my clothes out by color - because of this I hate doing laundry. I will close my eyes and just put clothes in so I don't have to see what colors are being mixed.
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1. I am the second of five children.

2. My favorite dreams are of the ocean, not calm and tranquil. I love to dream of very rough gray waves.

3. I have four sons, 3 I gave birth to three and will someday adopt the fourth.

4. I love nature - love trees, flowers, storms, mountains. I could be a tree-hugger.

5. I do not like animals.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    I can juggle.

Hey! Me too!
    I curse so much i'd make a sailor blush

Ok... I'm a sailor... (like, for real... 20+ years... 102 Foot Schooner)... make me :blushing:
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    1) I'm 5'8" plus a bit, and until last year I didn't realize that makes me quite tall for a woman. I had always assumed that I happen to make friends with short people.

2) Pink is still my favourite colour. I don't decorate my house with anything pink. I don't often wear pink clothes. But when I see something pink, it makes me smile.

3) I think laundry is the worst chore ever, because you're never finished laundry, not even for a day. Think about it. Even if you wash all the loads of clothes, towels, sheets, etc, you're probably still wearing SOMEthing that will then need to be washed.

4) My parents didn't let me believe in Santa Claus, they simply talked to me about him as a fairy tale. I waited until the age of 7 to break the news to my best friend. I had hoped she would figure it out on her own, but by then I felt we were old enough that she should know one way or another. Thankfully, she's still my best friend.

5) I already know that I will have a difficult time going to sleep tonight, because I will wonder if I chose the best facts to include on this list.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    1) I have never been taken out on a date

2) I can not deal with spiders! (was dramatized as a child.....)

3) I love anything to do with rifle, pistols, and hunting. NRA girl for life!!!

4) I am crafty (AKA the "grandma" crafts :tongue:)

5) I love children :flowerforyou:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    1. I can NOT SWIM, and I do not believe in reincarnation; But I do have dreams that I am or have been a mermaid.

2. My husband and I are a doctor's nightmare. I have Crohn's , Narcolepsy, Catalepsy, and Ulcers. My husband is allergic to chocolate, diary, peanuts, whey, and also has ulcers. We were made for each other. Lol

3.I am Apostolic, we Do Not believe in cutting our hair, we wear only skirts, and speak in the spirit. (meaning when we pray, we are filled with the Holy Ghost, and pray in another language. Read Acts 2:38 )

4. I always wanted to be a dancer,but right now I am a stay at home wife. While studying for Forensic Science.

5. I am a big believer in Ghost, Angels and Demons.
  • karyssa13
    karyssa13 Posts: 1
    Options
    1. I am 24 years old and just had a beautiful daughter in January.
    2. I eat the weirdest things. My favorite odd thing to eat is meatballs with vanilla ice cream.
    3. I love to play video games and watch sports.
    4. My right foot is bigger than my left.
    5. I am a Disney fanatic.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    1) I broke my toe once by dropping a canoe on it.

2) I was once a flight attendant and my picture was on billboards across Canada.

3) I get a physiological reaction to spiders (I sweat, get goosebumps, and my heart rate increases)

4) Most people call me "Mo"

5) I lived in Dubai for 2 years.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle in 3 places falling off 4 1/2" platforms in the 70's... I do not wear platforms this time around no matter how fashionable they are!!

terrified of heights... just standing on a chair to change a lightbulb is an issue....

My 1st marriage ended when my husband came out of the trans-gender closet just before our 14th anniversary...

I love **** Van *kitten* and just once would love to have dinner with him and make him laugh, in thanks for all the laughs he has given me over the years.

I have always wanted to learn ballet and envy ballet dancers their lean, toned figures, grace and coordination (see item 1! :ohwell: )

(OMG I am laughing hysterically that D*i*c*K van *kitten*'s name was *****d by the MFP police....)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    1. I had an extra toe when I was born, they tied a string around it to cut it off. [Ew ew ew]

I work on the maternity ward as a nurse. I see this weekly. You are NOT alone, it's soooooo common. Many times it's extra pinkies on both hands. ;)
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1. I used to breed aquarium fish.

2. I was on the fencing team in graduate school.

3. I have trouble not falling down the stairs on stairs that have open slats you can see through.

4. When I was 18-19 I spent about a year hitchhiking all over the US with a couple friends.

5. When I am in Boston, and I ride on the green line, I refuse to sit on the orange seats, because a person's got to have SOME kind of a code.
  • moniquelessard
    Options

My 1st marriage ended when my husband came out of the trans-gender closet just before our 14th anniversary...

you are one strong lady I'm sure. wow!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    1. I have 4 children, and I actually delivered #3 myself in the front seat of our minivan.
    2. I hate breaking rules of any kind.
    3. I'm not good at keeping secrets because I don't really believe in them. I also hate surprises. Surprises are kind of just secrets that are 'supposed' to be fun. I like to know what I'm getting for Christmas, etc., and will go to great lengths to find out.
    4. I'm not afraid of heights, but I don't like to walk over manhole covers, or subway grates, or go in tunnels, or over bridges.
    5. I'm seriously afraid of rodents, but have no problems with bugs, spiders, worms, and other creepy crawlies. I actually think spiders are really cool, and will sit for a very long time observing one spinning a web.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love animals, especially dogs, more than I like most people.

I hate, hate, hate it when I'm in the middle of a food book, and get interrupted. You know, by things like my job, friends, family, etc. I have been known to forego sleep in favor of finishing a good book.

I cannot wash my face with both eyes closed. I wash one half at a time. I think this started when I first watched Psycho.

I put myself through grad school working 3 jobs(70 hours/week). The worst of it was the 30 hours worked over the weekend, with developmentally disabled adults.

I am so artistically challenged, I cannot draw two parallel lines with the help of a ruler.
  • Sparkles93
    Sparkles93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1. I'm pretty much a goody-goody, but I desperately wish I had just one rebelious bone in my body! Haven't found it yet...Despite being a people pleaser, if you cross a line, I will speak my mind. Especially when it comes to treating people and animals the right way!

2. I am a huge baseball fan. Although I have no athletic ability to ever play competitively , (well softball, since I'm a girl! ha!) Texas Rangers are life!!

3. I love anything that gets the adrenaline pumping!!! I'm skydiving this summer, flew a plane last year, and have a secret dream of becoming a racecar driver!

4. If I could be good at just one thing, it would be singing, hands down. Aside from my dream of racing, I'd want to be a professional singer. Taylor Swift is my idol. I know how cheesy it sounds, but that's me!

5. Although I have several dream solutions, this is how I would love for my life to go: Spend my young adult life traveling the world and working as a photographer (of wildlife or sports ideally), have a ton of crazy adventures, then get married and have kids, move to wyoming, buy and run a therapeutic riding center, then after my kids are grown, retire and travel the US with my husband visiting all the mlb ballparks!!! Ridiculous, but totally perfect in my mind :)
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    1. I have a phobia of touching raw wood. Things like coffee tables and such are alright, but any kind of skid at work, or just raw lumber gives me chills up my spine, and I can't touch it at all. Not only does this stop me from eating any kind of ice cream on a stick, but at my son's parents dinner at school last month, I had to get a napkin to stir my tea as the stir sticks were wooden.
    Wow.. I thought I was the only person alive... ! I hate the feeling of unsanded, unfinished wood. Popsicles seriously make me gag. Ew.

so... 2. I've always chewed the insides of my cheeks/lower lip when stressed, but it's recently gotten much, much worse. I can't seem to stop unless I'm talking or chewing. I even find myself doing it in my sleep. I have less stress in my life than I have in years.

3. I'm so incredibly disgusted by pet hair that when I visited the house of a friend who has 4 dogs (5?) and 3 cats I started sweating and coming up with reasons I had to leave right away. I wanted to immediately put my clothes in the washer and take a shower.

4. When my mother was still pregnant with me, my grandmother had a dream that my life was in danger because the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck. When I was born, it turned out it was. Twice.

5. My grandfather's brother was part of the 101st Airborne Division of the Army. He parachuted into Holland during Operation Market Garden in 1944 and was never seen or heard from again. In 1994, a Dutch guy who just really loves history and admires the Allied soldiers found his dog tags and then remains in a farmer's field, after he had spent hours upon hours, multiple days, combing the same spot. After authentication, etc., the remains were returned to the US and our family traveled to Arlington for a proper funeral and burial. It was the first time I remember ever seeing my dad and grandpa cry. The Dutch gentleman named his daughter after my uncle. I don't get many opportunities to tell that great story.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    1) I actually look forward to going to the dentist. I never feel more relaxed than when I am in the dental chair.

2) I have an irrational fear of the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. I won't let my kids watch it if I'm home.

3) I once worked as an on-air radio personality.

4) I have read at least 50 books a year for the last 20 years.

5) The proper usage of the semi-colon is the thing that confuses me most in life. And I have an English degree.

We are twins (except the on-air personality thing). The flying monkeys are just the worst. I pretend I know how to use the semi-colon.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    5. My grandfather's brother was part of the 101st Airborne Division of the Army. He parachuted into Holland during Operation Market Garden in 1944 and was never seen or heard from again. In 1994, a Dutch guy who just really loves history and admires the Allied soldiers found his dog tags and then remains in a farmer's field, after he had spent hours upon hours, multiple days, combing the same spot. After authentication, etc., the remains were returned to the US and our family traveled to Arlington for a proper funeral and burial. It was the first time I remember ever seeing my dad and grandpa cry. The Dutch gentleman named his daughter after my uncle. I don't get many opportunities to tell that great story.

That is an amazing story!!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I curse so much i'd make a sailor blush

Ok... I'm a sailor... (like, for real... 20+ years... 102 Foot Schooner)... make me :blushing:
    [/quote]

Don't tempt, i have a good girl reputation to uphold haha
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1. I've had pneumonia 5 times in 2 1/2 years.
    2. I can't fall asleep without the tv on.
    3. I don't deal well with people telling me what to do.
    4. My dad and my dog mean more to me than anything.
    5. Everyone thinks I'm a commitment phob, but I just don't
    believe I've met the right guy.